“It'll do” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sonoma, CA
“It'll do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed here a few times although I don't see previous reviews from me which is weird. My biggest piece of advice for this hotel is to ask for a quiet room on a higher floor. The first few floors of rooms share a wall with their "ball room" which can be very loud when they have events. It seems like really poor planning on the builders part to me. As long as you aren't in one of those rooms, this hotel is great! Rooms are very clean and spacious enough. Beds are very comfortable and bathroom is well laid out.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you were happy with your accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sacramento Arden West on your next trip to Sacramento.

Brad Boland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is across the freeway from the mall and restaurants. It's located in an office complex area. The hotel was clean and very well kept. The staff was very professional and nice. The one night I stayed, they even had a free beverage and snack for the guest. The beverage selection was great and included both beer and wine. My room was huge! The closet was almost a walk in. It was VERY clean and VERY quiet. I slept extremely well. Because I was on the 2nd floor, my window looked in the lobby/banquet room. Very odd, but I wasn't distrubed by the AM light. My only complaint was the fee to use the wifi. I was expecting better considering almost all budget hotlels don't charge for the wifi, but I paid the price instead of finding a free hotspot nearby.

I would def. stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found your room to be to your satisfaction and our staff professional and courteous. I apologize for the for the internet charge. We will be putting in a new system in early August and the lobby and business center will be complementary to all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sacramento Arden West on your next trip to Sacramento.

Red Bluff, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The last review focused on the charge for internet (very irritating) but having now stayed at this HIlton for two nights, I had to come back to say what was good about it. This hotel was booked for a conference and it has a nice bunch of rooms in different sizes to accommodate guests. And the meals we got there were really really good so kudos for that as well. I think it is a good spot for a conference. It is out of the milieu of downtown Sac and next to the Arden Fair Mall (hooray for shopping in the evening!) All around, it was a good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you stayed with us again and had a very positive experience while you were here. Our staff works very hard to provide the best service possible.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in the Sacramento area.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed here overnight for a business trip. Clean hotel room with all the amenities. Front desk staff was nice and I was able to express check out which was helpful. I did a lot of research on the area around the hotel as I was traveling alone and I felt very safe in this area. Parking was free and well lit. I'd recommend the hotel and the surrounding area. It was also right off the freeway and easy to get to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Over the weekend, I stayed at the Hilton-Arden West for a couple nites . I've stayed there on previous occasions. This is an older Hilton that they try to keep up to date, but it's going to need more than just lipstick pretty soon. The staff is friendly enough and the rooms are fairly basic and can be noisy. Beds are Hilton comfortable, big lcd tv is nice & wifi works well. Furniture is showing it's age as is carpeting. no refrig or micro.

Since the hotel is getting old, they book lots and lots of sport teams in the rooms for a discount rate. Needless to say the noise level is raised considerably and wear and tear is evident. Also staff isn't able to keep track as to who is having a loud party right above or next to you. When brought to their attention they basicly just apologize and smile. Breakfast is an additional charge and is tasty.
The elevators take for-ev-er, so give yourself plenty of time if your in a hurry. And the ice/vending room was locked all weekend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Reno, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed here for three nights at the end of February 2012. Hilton has an odd service which allows you to pay $9/night for access to a concierge floor giving you a continental breakfast and evening reception. Only problem is that you don't know if you have access to the perk until you check in. Despite trying to sign-up for the added service, I didn't make the cut. It's a weird policy that they need to address, with today's technology there is no way the Hilton can't alert its customers whether they will be allowed access to the breakfast. Really bothersome to show up at check-in and receive the bad news I would not be part of the breakfast/evening group.

As many reviewers note, the hotel walls are very thin here. I could hear conversations next door during my stay and walking the halls I could hear televisions clearly. The gym was totally out of towels when I arrived at 9:00 a.m. one morning for a workout. I called the front desk and they restocked within my workout.

They also dinged me for a bottled water which I never drank. To their credit, the front desk took off the charge without any negotiation. The elevators near the front of the hotel are painfully slow, I took the stairs after waiting twice for the geriatric elevators.

I will admit that the beds were great, housekeeping did an excellent job and the restaurant on site has a nice breakfast buffet, albeit at a confiscatory price.

All in all, I was disappointed with the hotel. The location is great but the property itself lacked in areas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Staff is very friendly, and seem to want to accommodate any request. Rooms are large an well furnished.
On the other hand, walls are paper thin, therefore if you have a neighbor that likes to talk on the phone, you are out of luck. All the corridor noises are herd in the room. Be aware of these issues if you like to stay here. Location is good, close to shopping an not too far from downtown and hospitals
Will return

• Stayed February 2012
Howard H, General Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear: Alex O,

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel rooms and friendly staff. I will make sure to pass on your comments to our team as they work very hard to make sure our guests are well taken care of with the highest level of care and service.

I am sorry to hear that there may have been some noise from the hallway and adjoining room. As you can imagine at times guests in other rooms are not considerate of others. While staying at any hotel please always feel free to let management know and they will take care of the noise problem. Our hotel walls are made out of cement, so we normally don't have too many comments about noise, but please accept my appology for this happening while you were our guest.

I hope to have the chance to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Howard Harris

Been to Hilton Sacramento Arden West? Share your experiences!