“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
California
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love this property because they have amazing staff. The rooms are a little run down, but they are in the process of renovating the entire property - can't wait to return when it's done. I have stayed here off and on over the past five years while working temporarily in the area. Ragan, Violet, and Susan are faces you see every day - always smiling, greeting you by name. Front desk staff changes regularly, but are always very friendly and accommodating.

Rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The couches not so much - hopefully these will be replaced in the renovation. The carpet and linoleum also shows wear, but the rooms are clean and you can't beat the staff!

There are lots of restaurants in the area, several within walking distance, and the Arden Mall also very close.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo. We appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for selecting our hotel for your most recent visit to Sacramento. We truly appreciate all the great comments you mentioned regarding our staff and will make sure to share those with each and everyone of them.

We work hard to ensure each of our guests is well taken care of and has a most enjoyable stay. Reviews like yours ensures my staff and I that we are working hard towards meeting the needs of each of our guests. I am happy to share with you that we will definitely be replacing the sofabeds you have mentioned. Rooms are currently under renovation and will be completely redone by the end of this fall.

Once again thank you for all of the positive comments. We look forwad to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future so we can share with you all of the amazing changes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

What a great place to stay! The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and the service was excellent. Room reservation could not have been easier, and checkout was done without a trip to the office....the invoice was on our door the morning we left. We plan to stay there whenever we travel to Sacramento, and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff and hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service from our staff here. We take pride in providing excellent and welcoming service to all of our guests.

Your feedback is essential to meeting all of our guests and our own standards so thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn so please give us a call when you are ready to return to Sacramento.

Once again, thank you for postive comments. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.
Oldsmar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My mother and I traveled to Sacramento to see my brother. We stayed at the closest hotel to his house in Sacramento,California

My mother is handicap, so we got a accessible room. the bathroom facilities where fine, but not for 2 people, an accessible room should be a little bigger then what we had.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating, so it made up for the room
The brekafast buffett was quite good, and plenty to eat.,

Allin all the hotel was convenient, clean and close to where we need to be.

I would go again, if we needed
Veronica

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Sacramento. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service from our staff here. We take pride in providing excellent and welcoming service to all of our guests. I apologize that our accessible rooms did not meet your needs. All of our accessible rooms should meet the ADA requirements however, we are having our engineering team verify that the room you stayed in meets these standards.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've been staying here for four months, following an accident at my own local home. I couldn't have been treated by more friendly, helpful, warm and caring people!! Every member of the staff recognized me after a few days and always greeted me with a smile. Bruiser (my dog) was totally welcome here and the staff worked around my schedule to care for my room. The room was perfect! I've never had a cleaner room, or excellent staff. Some of the staff have become friends. I couldn't have asked for a better remedy to a tragic accident than to have been introduced to the Residence Expo. I will be back to visit, and to stay after the upcoming remodel!!!

Room Tip: The 800 building is away from front desk traffic and close to the dog-park area...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff and hotel. They work really hard to ensure every guests has a positive experience during their stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel accommodations.

sac delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Check in was great. Young lady working at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Explained everything about the hotel and services. Room was immaculate. Everything was neat and clean. Had the reception snacks and they were good. This is our third stay here and will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Good afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff and hotel. Everyone works really hard to make every guest feel welcome and special so it is nice for them to hear that their hard work has paid off. Once again, thank you. We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again soon.

Regards,
North Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I spent five days at the Residence Inn Cal Expo and I was somewhat disappointed. Overall, the rooms were clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. However, there were several little things that bugged me. For example, the ice maker in my refrigerator did not work. The refrigerator was quite loud and sounded like it was on its last legs. The desk was situated in a manner that caused the chair to be in the kitchen. In addition, I’m a big guy but the bed wasn’t, although I must say the linens were fresh and clean. The pillows were only so – so.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Robert,

Your comments to our Customer Care Department were forwarded to my attention. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your most recent stay. Feedback such as yours is invaluable for monitoring our operations.

I deeply apologize for the issues you encountered with your refrigerator and the placement of the desk and the inconvenience caused to you. I shared your comments with our Chief Engineer regarding the refrigerator. He is currently in the process of getting the issue resolved so similar situations like yours do not occur in the future. I am pleased to inform you that the hotel will upgrading all the room appliances this summer.

Again, my apologies! We highly value your patronage and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Regards,

Joseph Delgado
Ivanhoe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This residence inn I understand is in the process of being updated. the room my wife and I stayed in had what appeared to be new appliances and the bed was very comfortable. the carpet was a little worn but not necessarily bad just has been there awhile. the parking can be a bit of a challenge later in the evening if the hotel is somewhat full. the morning breakfast was a little disappointing. We stayed there 4 nights and three of the four mornings the "meat" was sausage patties. the "hashbrowns" were either overcooked or soggy. I have stayed here before and usually the breakfast was changed up fairly good, but not this time. I was not able to partake in the nightly happy hour because my wife and I were going to different events in the evenings.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Joseph D, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Residence Sacramento Cal Expo for your most recent stay. Feedback such as yours is invaluable for monitoring our operations.

I deeply apologize for the issues you encountered with our breakfast and the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I know the kitchen staff works very hard to ensure every guest has a memorable experience. I will work closely with our staff to ensure we are following our rotational calendar and guidelines for cooking food items, so similar situations such as yours do not occur in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback. I truly hope one day we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!