“Super customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Pasadena, California, United States
“Super customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Oksana at the front desk was outstanding! So helpful. Offer us a crib for our baby. She was so friendly and a welcome face after a long road trip.
Violet who was the breakfast and dining are was so friendly and helpful. I had an arm full of toddler and food and she saw my dilemma and befor I knew it she had a high chair for me and even washed an apple for me when my son dropped it. She seemd to go out of her was for all the guests with a big smile on her face.
The we're terrific and make all the difference to a werry traveler.
Thanks to them for make my stay more plesant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

*For folks who prefer to get a bit of exercise before and after sitting in meetings all day.
I added the qualifier because some may equate "great location" with being closest to the Convention Center; there are at least two hotels that are within "spitting distance" of Convention Center. This hotel is approximately a 7-10 minute walk to the front door of the Convention Center. The staff and service were excellent. A buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room. (I don't know whether eggs can be cooked to order. I was always running late and preferred to use the buffet service.) I have stayed at two or three other Residence Inns and found the service in Sacramento to be the best. The hotel also offered a limited room service menu for dinner. There is no formal restaurant or coffee shop on the premises. There are two large hotels with restaurants within walking distance, and I walked by several small places on my way to and from a CVS drugstore.

The room was very clean and included a kitchenette. The lighting was adequate; wifi and high-speed internet service were free. (For those who don't travel with computer (ipad), the computers in the business area offer unlimited free internet access.) My room was quiet. There is an excercise room on site. It looked to be reasonably well-equipped, but I didn't have time to look closely.

The rate using my AAA membership discount was virtually the same as the convention rate being offered for my organization. [But, the convention hotels were full-service (i.e. had restaurant/coffee shop, which was not included in room rate of course), and they were across the street from the convention center.]

If one is looking for luxury, one should look elsewhere. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend highly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. This hotel has nice staff, rooms are clean and spacious with fireplace and full kitchen. Good location close to access roads, shops, restaurants. Breakfast and dinner are not bad and included (dinner mon-wed). A few areas that need improvement, however: 1) the wireless is slow, the sign-on process is tedious and required daily. 2) Ask for a room AWAY from their main water pump room, it's LOUD and the motor roars on/off all day/night. 3) the "gym" is really just a very small room with 3 cardio machines squeezed in, should not even call it a gym. There is, thankfully, a full service gym near-by for $5/d with hotel discount card, provided at the front desk. The hotel should really offer a free trade-out until they can renovate a real "gym". Overall just an average stay, would have been much better with a nice fitness room and a room away from the water pump (they kindly offered to move me, but I was settled in and staying only 3 nights).

Room Tip: Anything away from their water pump room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times for leisure and I have always been pleased. The front desk staff have always been very friendly, esp. Tanya-they always try hard to get me the specific room I want-the rooms are always remarkably clean and spacious and it is in a location that is close to surrounding stores and food places. I always look forward to staying at this facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was late to planning for an event and all the other Marriott facilities within 20 miles were booked. So even though it did not have the best ratings I chose this place. It seems like they took an old run down apartment complex and made it into a residence inn. The staff was great but the flexing stairs and floors and the oooold rooms left a lot to be desired. That being said, there were no bugs or too much noise. Almost forgot, I put a do not disturb on the door as I had equipment out that I did not anyone to see or try to manipulate. Sure enough, someone went right in to the room while I was gone and made up the room. Now all of my gear was still there but it was annoying.

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs rooms, 50% of them are a two level loft setup.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family of five booked a two bedroom for one night. I had stayed in this hotel before although it had been many years and was surprised, as other reviewers have noted, that the surrounding area had taken a turn for the worse. We had reserved a two bedroom loft. The master bedroom was upstairs in the loft and had it's own bathroom. There were two queen beds in the second bedroom and a sofa bed. I had two complaints about the room. The first; the sofa bed. When my son and I opened the sofa to take out the bed and unfolded it, there were crumbs and who knows what else under the mattress. The other complaint had to do with the light in the stairwell going up to the loft. I understand the need to have one but it was so bright, I thought I was sleeping in the daytime- it would've been nice to have a switch to either turn it off or a dimmer switch to lessen the brightness. If there was one, I didn't see or find it. The breakfast was OK - better than most continental breakfasts as there were scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes. Overall, the room was very comfortable and very quiet and if in Sacramento again, I would consider another stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

after being on the orad for 5 days, this was my last stop for this tour. The hotel was ok, but the area around it was a little run down. There are a lot of transients around and some fo the food areas look unappealing. When you get about two to three miles away, the entire area changes, food places look better and shops are in better shape. It is close to the highway and about 20 minutes from Sac International.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle fo the complex and not up front. Rooms in building 10 and lower are be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!