“"Your money is worth it"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sacramento Inn & Suites

You added Sacramento Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sacramento Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Arden Way, Suite 1, Sacramento, CA 95815 (Formerly Clarion Inn)   |
Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
“"Your money is worth it"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a nice stay here and would stay here again. I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are really nice here and would come again. The people are really nice and respectful. They are customer friendly and nice.

• Stayed July 2013
REDLIONHOTEL_11, General Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Sweetiesierra,

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel! We are very glad we were able to impress you with our staff. Providing excellent customer service is something we pride ourselves on here at the Clarion. We look forward to being able to accomidate you on your next visit to Sacramento. Thank you!

Vasant Lad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Clarion Inn was a very nice place to stay. We enjoyed the room, the view, and the service. Everyone was very nice and helpful. We stayed during Naughty Gras, and they shuttled us to and from the event, we didn't have to worry about anything! We will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear SacFam916,

Thank you for staying with us while attending the Naughty Gras, we appreciate your recent review. We are pleased our shuttle service came in handy for you to get back and forth to the event. We are under new managment and are very glad to hear our staff has provided you with excellent customer service during your stay. We hope to see you again next year.

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family from Arizona and southern California were coming up to Sacramento for the 4th of July holiday so I booked a room at the Clarion to enjopy the pool and the fireworks across the the street at Cal Expo. I called for early check in they said great, no problem. I arrived, room not ready, went to my son's room to hang out waiting for them to call when our room was ready, 2 hours later no call, went to the desk, room had been ready but they failed to call. To our room a double for my husband, myself and my parents. Great afternoon in the pool (no toewls, said they would bring towels, had to go back to the desk and ask again). We were in the middle of a heat wave (110 degrees) and air conditioning not working. Nice man tried to fix it , not! Room changes that split us up and out of the two new rooms, poor, poor airconditioning in one and also no working shower and the toilet leaked! They said they would move me again but I was done with moving! I will say that the staff did try to help and they were all very nice. Fortunatley my family can have fun almost anywhere and we made lemonade out of lemons! Now for the good parts, nice people, great pool and super desk clerk Aashni. On check out I gave her a list of my complaints and she took it upon herself to call the general manager and explain all the trouble that we had had. The final outcome-50% off our room, no charge for our dog (25.00 usual fee) and a one night complimentry stay in the future. I appreciate that they did try to make our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Roxann_13,

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel, we value our Guests feedback. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We are under new management and all departments are undergoing new training protocols to make sure things that you experienced do not happen. We are very lucky to have Aashni as part of our staff here at the Clarion Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the pool and hope that we will have the pleasure of showing you our improvements during your next family trip.

Stockton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion for the " Black Expo " Which is very popular considering they had Freddie Jackson Performing. I stayed throughout the weekend and my experience i will tell you the truth.... Housekeeping i have never came across a housekeeping staff as rude and immature as this one. They speak english then laugh when you try to talk to them and act as if they only speak spanish. Never got a clean room every room i got sent to something was dirty! Housekeeping needs to be evaluated! Even the supervisor for housekeeping acted if i was lying. She said several times " ill check on that " Never did!! I had to go down to the Front Desk SEVERAL times and if Miss Lanna wasn't there nothing got done. She was the only person who called right then and made it happen. She constantly checked on us and it showed she cared about her work. When i wanted to get secured as my door didn't lock she sent security immediately and he polietly he showed me how to Lock it. As it was an old door! Worst part of this hotel is Housekeeping!! They will never get my money unless housekeeping gets new employees!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We are under new management and all departments are undergoing new training protocols to make sure things that you experienced do not happen. Lana is great and we are lucky to have her. Thank you again and we all look forward to seeing you in the near future
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am a former flight attendant and have stayed in hundreds of hotels, I can overlook a lot of things, but I can say this was one of the worst hotel stays in my adult life. My daughter (age 11) had a hula performance in Sacramento. The dance group obtained a group rate for the hotel. The first weird thing when I checked in they said I was cash pay...I was not, I had reserved the room with my cc. Thought we got that straightened out. We were able to check in about an hour early. We got to our room and the temp inside was 88 degrees. I turned on the a/c and it would not kick on no matter how cold I set it. I called the front desk...we are working on it, should be 5 minutes to one hour. OK, so I open the one window that worked and waited. We had to leave to go to rehearsal. We left at 2:30 pm and returned at 10:30 pm...still not working in fact the room was now up to 90 degrees. (we were having record setting temps). I call again, we will send someone up. A very nice guy came up and drained the compressor and it kicked right on...then it took several hours for it to cool the room off. In the midst of all of this I tried to get ice, there is one ice machine on this whole huge property and it was out.
The next a.m. we went to breakfast (not included) a small buffet in the restaurant. Then we went to the pool, no pool towels. Back to the front desk where you are interrupting their day...someone will bring the pool towels out...wait another 30 minutes and go back in...he didn't bring them yet? no, he will (no sorry or here let me get you one). Finally someone arrived with towels. The wall mounted hair dryer did not work either.
We leave for the bulk of the day for the performance. When we get back to the room at about 9pm it is back up to 88 degrees inside. The a/c will not kick on again. I call the front desk it rings at least 15 times before someone answers and says...I will send someone up. So we wait at 9:45 I call again, a different person answers, I will send someone up. Then the phone rings, "this is Allea, what's up?" huh?? Who are you? Well it was the front desk clerk calling to see what I needed. She said they would send someone up. I said I was waiting 5 more minutes and then I wanted a different room. She told me all they had left was in the 5 building. If it has a/c that works, that would be fine. So we wait 10 minutes and pack up all of our stuff and go to the lobby. When there they tell me they can't find the maintenance person. So they lied every time they said he was on his way up, right? They give me the keys and say sorry it's really hot out. No kidding...its really hot in my room. (#192). Now we trek over to the 5 building and when we open the door, it is cool (yeah) but reeks of smoke.(516) Nice. At least we could sleep because it was cool.
The next a.m. we go to the pool and you guessed it, no towels. 2 trips to the front desk to get this accomplished. Plus they told me I couldn't charge my breakfast to the room since I was a cash pay customer...which I was not.
The impression I got is that it recently changed from Red Lion (the wifi still says this) to Clarion Inn. They are overwhelmed by the # of rooms and amount of staff/employees it really takes to run a hotel well. The only person who apologized to us the entire stay was the guy who came the first night to drain the a/c. My daughter and I were alone and I was not really comfortable changing rooms at 10:30 at night and/or having to wait for maintenance people to come to our room late at night.
I would not ever recommend this hotel, there is a Doubletree across the street and another couple of choices down the road. The best thing going for it is that it is close to the mall and several good restaurants. Too bad we couldn't have stayed at the Cheesecake Factory, they were super nice to us!
I am sending this review to their corporate offices as well as posting it on here.

Room Tip: Find out if there are any convention events going on. There was an expo on Sat. night and they were...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your room’s air condition unit, and the failure of our staff members to follow through on your requests during your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all of our staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. We are focusing on improved training for all departments.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sacramento.

Kind Regards,
Lisa
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for a few days in Sac and this was the cheapest at the time. I arrived around 2 in the morning and there was no one in the front desk, i said "hello?" and a guy appeared from the back room looking like he just woke up. He wasnt the nicest of persons but was professional. A minute later, i see a mid 20s girl walk in and head to the security room, and immediately after that, the front desk recieved a call from one of the rooms. I knew something was wrong when the guy behind the desk made a face like no other. It turns out that there was a man with a gun in the vicinity of one of the buildings apart of the hotel. I didnt care too much about it, but the guy was nice enough to get me a room close by so i didnt have to walk out of the building. Keep in mind, this hotel has different buildings that are not attached.
The room i got was pretty big but not too clean though. It seems that the cleaners doesnt really do a good job in cleaning. Upon entering the room, i noticed a wet spot on the night stand where a cup was laid. It looked like someone was just in here having a nice cold beverage but I looked closer and realized it was a sticky substance. Disgusting. Im sure there are rooms in the hotel that are better cleaned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride in providing the best customer service and apologize for not reaching our goal. We take your comments to heart and will be addressing your issues during our next staff training season. Thank you again and we hope you might come see us again in the near future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Alana helped me in making a reservation which was a delight. I stay at the clarion quite often and she is very good addition to the property. they opened the pool for me after hours which I was so greatfull. really nice place to stay very reasonable prices. I will continue to stay here at the clarion formally the red lion. great place. thankyou don baker!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your request to open the pool late. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Sacramento Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!