First night, opened door and the smell of mold was overwhelming. Good thing we had a bottle of Febreeze spray with us. When toilet flushed, it flooded the bathroom but we were there for a week long conference with approx 200 other women . . . so we stuck it out. They were quite prompt at fixing the toilet the next morning. The room was VERY warm (80 degrees and rising) and when we inquired on how to turn on the air-conditioning, we were told that they can either have the heat on in our building or the air - not both. And they were reluctant to turn the system to air. We didn't get air until half way through our stay. On our first night we met up with a very tall security guard with his Pit-bull running loose!!! Have never seen this before. I guess Pit-bulls are cheaper than surveillance cameras. Should have been a warning. After our second night, we woke up to the discovery that our car had been broken into. We reported this to the front desk but upon check out the Manager denied that this happened. We drove around the compound to see if we could find any of the stolen articles. We didn't but discovered other things. Half the buildings on this site are condemned. There are some very unsavory looking people living in this area. Pimps and prostitutes were seen in the parking area. Homeless people are also sleeping in the bushes on the other side of the fence. Members of our group had someone banging on their doors at 3:00 AM. This is NOT a safe place!!! Even the staff told us the area is scary. Four other break-ins were reported that week. Car alarms were going off all the time. The area is poorly lit . . . half of the lights on the patio fixture were broken and the outside room light to the patio didn't work. Other things of note: One woman in our group had the ceiling fall in our her as she was taking a shower. The restaurant did not follow the posted hours. We did get to the restaurant area once during our stay during a lunch break and they had one server on duty. The poor woman was run off her feet. It was a very expensive stay when you consider the replacement cost of the stolen items. We will never return to this hotel and we will certainly think twice about ever visiting Sacramento again. Very unpleasant experience.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion At Arden Village Hotel Sacramento
- Red Lion At Arden Village Hotel
- Red Lion Hotel Sacramento
- Red Lion Sacramento
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience true Sacramento hospitality and comfort at the newly renovated Clarion Inn at Arden Village; an exceptional, distinctly different and unique full service hotel in the heart of Northern California. The perfect choice whether you are in town for business or pleasure. Our impeccable service and casual northwest flair will make your stay comfortable in Sacramento. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Clarion Inn Arden Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.