“Great Location-Excellent Staff!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sacramento Inn & Suites

You added Sacramento Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sacramento Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Arden Way, Suite 1, Sacramento, CA 95815 (Formerly Clarion Inn)   |
Ranked #63 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Medford, Oregon
“Great Location-Excellent Staff!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've stayed here twice now and have had a fantastic experience both times. The entire stay from being greeted so nicely at check-in through the quick and efficient check out was just top notch. Jenny and Haley from the front desk sure know what they're doing at this place.The rooms are great and clean. A clean, spacious bathroom. The bed is so comfortable I forgot I was in a hotel when I woke up in the morning. I had a quick breakfast to go in the restaurant ...and it was really good too. The first time I stayed I took the shuttle to the airport and that was super convenient (They do have a small fee though). This time I drove and it is maybe a 15 minute drive to the rental car area. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lisa M, Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We have upgraded our mattresses, so where glad you enjoyed them. We are glad you also enjoyed your breakfast to go at out restaurant. All of our staff would like to thank you again for reviewing is hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you are looking for something low in cost, and do not mind the retro appliances and decor - this is truly a perfect fit. I don't need anything fancy or new-new, but something quaint and comfertable and dependable - that IS the Red Lion Hotel.

The Good: The Arden mall is easy walking distance, which is fantastic for window shopping and people watching... and to see all the really expensive cars drive by.

The Bad: The outside rails need to be cleaned of the spider webs. Otherwise, inside the room was very clean. I find this to be a very minor setback, but still worth mentioning.

The staffing generosity and flexibility cannot be beat, and the hotel rooms are clean *this is really all you need* - Typically, you may also request a fridge/microwave which can save money on food instead of going out every morning/noon/night to eat.

I need to stress again the excellence of the hotel staff, as I needed a shuttle to the airport at 11am and did not inform them until that morning - and they still pulled it off for me.

Choose this hotel if you are looking for is:
1.)cheap rates 2.)clean rooms 3.) excellent staffing

I don't know why you need anything more, since you should be out exploring the area!

Room Tip: Room 701 has palm trees surrounding the outside, helps block the sun and gives a great environement...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
lisamagana, Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We have implemented a deep clean program that seems to be working. We are still working on the exterior of the hotel as you mentioned. We are very lucky to have such great staff and I’m glad we where able to get you to the airport. On behalf of the entire staff thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had not stayed here for several years and was quite happy with the improvements. Rooms nicely upgraded. Staff pleasant and anxious to please. Pool still fine for lap swimming. All in all a very pleasant stay.
coxcmc

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
REDLIONHOTEL_11, Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
The management and team are delighted that you had a pleasant stay. Our new team is definitely committed to our guests and eager to ensure a comfortable and memorable experience. Welcome back.
Sonora, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Old but clean. Very dependable and staff was courteous even after Orbitz blew my reservation and they had to fix it. Swimming pool was clean and outdoor furniture nice. Ate one night in the lounge and burger was delicious. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 700 building were quiet with ice machines and secured entrance doors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you had a great experience at our hotel. Our staff takes pride in providing the very best product and service possible. Convientely located next to a major mall, additional restaurants and only minutes from the Downtown Sacramento it does allow our guests many opportunities to explore and take in the very best of Sacramento. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Destination was the State Fair. Never stayed here before. Was pleased from the RSVP to the check out, and EVERYTHING in between. It is not the fanciest place in the neighborhood, and neither is the price. Sure, some things could be better (like closer ice machines, and updated key card readers), but then the price would go up. When those improvements do take place, I hope the outstanding customer service is not affected. Thanks Haley, Lindsey and the shuttle drivers for one really fun time. We look forward to seeing you all next summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
We are certainly conveniently located just minutes from The California State Fair, a yearly event that draws travelers from all over the globe. Even with our excellent location and many amenities we continue to be a great value for all travelers. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service you received and I will share with those mentioned your appreciation for such service. Your additional feedback will be shared with the appropriate management team an addressed accordingly. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your visit next year.
Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I went on line to reserve and was speaking to "Peggy" (you know, the non-english speaking call center). I was so frustrated and overwhelmed by this call! I called the property directly and BRITNEY walked me through the registration process, eased my frazzled nerves and made me feel like I was a VIP!

When we arrived we were amazed at the location! Beautiful, lush landscaping, a room with a balcony (also patios on the lower level), friendly, fast, check-in and just an overall good first impression.

We do not travel much, and it was our first time in Sacramento, and it was a GREAT experience!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 'main' building are close to the pool! The lower level rooms have a patio...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
My sincere apology for the challenges experienced when initially trying to book your reservation. I am however pleased that our associates here at the hotel was able to assist and provide excellent customer service, making you feel like a VIP, I will certainly share your feedback with them. We are happy that you had a great experience here, enjoying our courtyard room overlooking our nicely landscaped courtyard, making your first visit here in Sacramento memorable. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to assisting you with any travel accommodations in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great location at a nice price. However, waking up in the morning and having to call a strongman to turn on the shower is completely unacceptable. Two women in the room were each unable to pull out the handle with enough force to get it started. Sending an engineer to do the job is NOT acceptable! Replace these with something that a woman can turn on BEFORE her morning cup of coffee! When i called the problem into the front desk, the woman sounded like she knew exactly what the problem was. If you KNOW about a problem... FIX IT!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Sacramento Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!