“I was very impressed with this location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sacramento Inn & Suites

You added Sacramento Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sacramento Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Arden Way, Suite 1, Sacramento, CA 95815 (Formerly Clarion Inn)   |
Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Modesto, California
“I was very impressed with this location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Destination was the State Fair. Never stayed here before. Was pleased from the RSVP to the check out, and EVERYTHING in between. It is not the fanciest place in the neighborhood, and neither is the price. Sure, some things could be better (like closer ice machines, and updated key card readers), but then the price would go up. When those improvements do take place, I hope the outstanding customer service is not affected. Thanks Haley, Lindsey and the shuttle drivers for one really fun time. We look forward to seeing you all next summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
REDLIONHOTEL_11, Manager at Sacramento Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are certainly conveniently located just minutes from The California State Fair, a yearly event that draws travelers from all over the globe. Even with our excellent location and many amenities we continue to be a great value for all travelers. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service you received and I will share with those mentioned your appreciation for such service. Your additional feedback will be shared with the appropriate management team an addressed accordingly. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your visit next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I went on line to reserve and was speaking to "Peggy" (you know, the non-english speaking call center). I was so frustrated and overwhelmed by this call! I called the property directly and BRITNEY walked me through the registration process, eased my frazzled nerves and made me feel like I was a VIP!

When we arrived we were amazed at the location! Beautiful, lush landscaping, a room with a balcony (also patios on the lower level), friendly, fast, check-in and just an overall good first impression.

We do not travel much, and it was our first time in Sacramento, and it was a GREAT experience!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 'main' building are close to the pool! The lower level rooms have a patio...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
My sincere apology for the challenges experienced when initially trying to book your reservation. I am however pleased that our associates here at the hotel was able to assist and provide excellent customer service, making you feel like a VIP, I will certainly share your feedback with them. We are happy that you had a great experience here, enjoying our courtyard room overlooking our nicely landscaped courtyard, making your first visit here in Sacramento memorable. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to assisting you with any travel accommodations in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great location at a nice price. However, waking up in the morning and having to call a strongman to turn on the shower is completely unacceptable. Two women in the room were each unable to pull out the handle with enough force to get it started. Sending an engineer to do the job is NOT acceptable! Replace these with something that a woman can turn on BEFORE her morning cup of coffee! When i called the problem into the front desk, the woman sounded like she knew exactly what the problem was. If you KNOW about a problem... FIX IT!

• Stayed June 2012
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

It is obvious they have spent some money in places. It is also obvious they have a lot more to do. Ice machines that don't dispense. Door lock on the room that even after two visits by maintenance still wouldn't lock on the first attempt. Was attending a convention at another property across the street, but they were booked so I ended up here. I was in the "new" three story building. Room was large, had microwave, fridge, coffee maker, hair drier, clothes iron, central air, but a CRT television. Very poor cable package. Room was reasonably clean.

While I was there, the place was rather empty. Enough so that I know they were loosing money. Went by the restaurant at breakfast time Sunday and the place was completely deserted. Went to look them up in a national travel guide and found they were missing. I suspect management does not want the listing, as it likely would not be multi-diamond.

If management continues the improvements the property will become much better. Hopefully they will do this PDQ or the place will fail. Attitudes of the staff are good, but their hands may be tied. Bottom line, it is not a resort, but it is better than a El Cheapo Motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We've come here every year for the past six for an event in April. Every year we are told that "things will be better" NOT!! Two separate years the grounds have been torn up for "landscaping" - that and the lobby are really all that has improved. The rooms are terribly small and cramped. They were supposed to have flat screen TV's but still have the old ones with huge picture tubes, so they take up the entire credenza. The A/C at least worked better this year than in past (when it didn't work at all). This year there was definitely beefed up security. Upon returning to our room one night after 11PM we were stopped twice before being allowed onto the property. However, there were still fights and hookers and screaming and cursing in the middle of the night, so not sure who they were keeping out.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

First off , the grounds look decent & lobby are quite fancy . Sad though , that's where it ends ! Review is on 1 stay . Rooms are old & in need of updating . Tiles are old , furnishings are old , carpeting also . Now as much as I think hotel is in need of updating , my room was clean ! For the price I was expecting a little more . My room had no microwave or fridge . I suspect it was just my room or it might be an upgrade to have these features . Now this place is huge ! Has at least 6 structures ! Pool , courtyard , tables outside , exercise room , really big place . This is what I observed . Also has a restaurant and a lounge , neither which I visited . Sadly also no continental breakfast , had to pay for my morning coffee . For the plus , it is right next to the mall ! You can walk next door to shop or eat there , as I did . Value is about fair for an average hotel . Was expecting a little more , my fault for judging by outside appearance . Would stay there again .

Room Tip: Don't expect free breakfast !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

When I arrived the grounds and well kept and beautiful, the lobby is modern and very nice. The bar on the weekend is very lively. All of the areas are great, but the guest room I was in was not remodeled yet, very spacious but very dated. If they can get their rooms to match the rest of the hotel, it will be great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sacramento Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!