“Very satisified with our stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center Sacramento

You added Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center Sacramento to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center Sacramento
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Leisure Lane, Sacramento, CA 95815 (Formerly Woodlake Hotel Sacramento)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Washington
“Very satisified with our stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

We were very satisfied with our stay here. It's a large sprawling property and we were in the one story section where you park in front of your room door. The lobby was nice and check in was quick and easy. The grounds are very nice and the pool area is large and spacious (with lots of clean towels).

From the outside, our building didn't look too impressive but the room itself was actually quite nice. We had a king room with sleep number bed. The bathroom was small but adequate. The mirror over the counter just outside the bathroom had very good lighting (for men this probably doesn't matter too much). I'm sure like most women, I find that most hotel bathrooms have horrible lighting for applying makeup.

The Crocodile Lounge was very nice with music and dancing. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but had an appetizer at the bar which was very good.

It was also very convenient to downtown and easy on and off the freeway. We didn't notice any excessive noise. (It's not right on the freeway.)

Overall we had a good stay and would go back.

• Liked — location, room, lounge and pool area
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Des Moines, IA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

We stayed at this location since our tradeshow was being held in their ballrooms. At first glance, the main property looks older but decently kept up. There is a large pond in the middle of the property that is relaxing and has lots of water fowl to watch. The property extends out to the side with a bunch of low rise add-on's that seem to extend for a 1/4 mile from the front desk. I happened to be in the furthest section. Not only did the vending machines not take dollars, but there was no change machine and a walk to the front desk for change took about 15 minutes round trip. My air kept resetting during the night and it would get warm and humid. They pride themselves on their "Sleep Number Bed" and yet sitting on the default setting felt like sleeping on the floor it was so hard and lowering the number to make it softer just created a deflated air mattress that was still hard to sleep on. I appreciated the free internet and clean bathrooms. The walls were paper thin. I woke up at 12:30a one night because the guy in the next room was having a phone conversation and I could hear it so clear that I thought they were in my room. I put the Do Not Disturb sign on my door and they came in anyway. I would stay at this hotel again if it were down in the $65 - $75 range but not the $120 we had to book at. I was not that impressed.

• Liked — The pond and geese were fun and relaxing to watch.
  • Disliked — The beds were not all they were cracked up to be.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

We just stayed in this hotel for two nights. If we hadn't been there for a meeting, we would have only stayed in this hotel one night before we would have looked elsewhere. The facility itself is ok--a bit old and worn but they are trying to update it. Their website makes it look a heck of a lot better than it is. This hotel is close to a train track. An active train track. About once an hour ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT a train would come through--whistles and all. It was the least restful place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
redlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

I stayed at the property for a business meeting. The room was private with a lake view.

Accommodations were newer, with plush linens and pillows. Mmmm.

Bagels can be purchased and toasted in the coffee shop. Starbucks is a short drive away.

Meeting rooms are accessible and well laid-out.

The art displayed off the lobby area provides a low-cost way to entertain yourself; featured are local artists.

The gift shop has gum, water, chocolate and other quick fixes. Neighboring the hotel is a tasty self-serve burrito and taco shop which is closed on Sundays--behind the hotel.

• Liked — The lake and luxe beds.
  • Disliked — older bathroooms, back door flapped with the wind (Prop a chair up to secure).
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Mateo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

I should have known something was up when I thought I was booking a 3.5 star hotel, and upon clicking on the continue button during the booking process, it suddenly changed to a 3 star -The Radisson. I was not too thrilled, but was committed...however, the actual overnight stay was horrible!
Out of the way location, very thin walls, very noisy guests.
Called the front desk after midnight to complain about a particularly noisy gathering right next door, and was told security would be sent right away. Never happened!
I was kept awake until 2:30a.m. by the noisy neighbors.
Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Disliked — thin walls, lack of response from front desk to noise complaint
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Every so often business brings me to Sacramento and I generally stay here at the Radisson, since meetings are scheduled here frequently, My recent stay was no exception, and this time my room rate included free breakfast at the hotel restaurant. I chose the buffet, which featured the standard fare, and the food was very good. Wait staff could be a little more attentive, though, with the coffee refills. The room was a "water view" room which at the Radisson means that it looks out at the pool and the "lake" (back in the old days, this was the Woodlake Inn). Basically, the old Woodlake guest rooms have been spruced up with paint, new furniture and wallpaper. The upgraded hotel lobby and restaurant may give the impression that the rooms are similarly appointed, so be advised that this is not necessarily the case. In any event, this is a popular Sacramento locaiton for state business meetings and serves its purpose well.

Stayed January 2008
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008

This is not really a hotel; it is a motel. Built like any other motel (think Motel 6), with two stories and walkway outside to get to lobby or to your room.
Upon check-in I was directed to my room which was WAY far from the lobby and if I had to walk to events in the main lobby area (as I was there for a conference) would have to walk outside for a long way. But that is not what bothered me.
The room itself: just like any motel room, kind of funky.
But the straw that broke the camel's back was the noise.
There was a noise like a compressor machine right above my room. Just like a funky motel every footstep and sneeze could be heard from the room above. I could have handled that, but the compressor noise was SO loud I knew I wouldn't have one wink of sleep.
I called the front desk, explained the situation and asked for a room on the top (2nd floor). She explained they didn't have any.
I asked for ANY other room, thinking even another first floor room wouldn't have the compressor noise above it. The desk clerk said the hotel (motel) was all filled up.
I told her it was only 5pm and said, "surely not everyone has checked in" and requested I be changed to another room.
She said that even though lots of guests had not checked in yet that they already allocated their rooms and I could not be changed.
In all my travels in the USA, Canada, the UK, Spain, Germany, France the desk clerk has been able to change a room unless it was late and all the guests had checked in.
What was worse was this clerk acted like she could not have cared less. She did however send a nice maintenence man who wondered if it was the air conditioner (which it wasn't). Naturally when he was there the compressor had stopped. But, since it had been on for the past 20 minutes I wasn't going to chance trying to stay and the night getting later and any chance of another hotel out the window and me stuck sleeping inside a compressor.
Thankfully when I said I could not stay and asked if I could check out the clerk asked the manager and said I could.
So, I CHECKED OUT. I called the Double Tree in Sacramento where I had stayed once, (nothing fancy, but a standard accomodating hotel) and drove there and stayed there.
My friends at the conference told me they could hardly sleep because of the poor noise insulation and heard every footstep and sneeze. (At least they didn't have a generator above them).
Overall the hotel was kind of old, worn, not very nice.
I think there are dozens of hotels or motels in the area much nicer for probably the same or less price.
I would NEVER stay there.
I did eat at the restaurant during the conference and while the food was yummy and the waitress very helpful and efficient, it was quite overpriced.
My friends told me the beds are those sleep numbered beds which you can adjust. I am GUESSING maybe the "compressor" noise was someone playing around with the sleep number bed for 20 minutes, but I don't know for certain if that is what the problem was. If it was, you still might get a room with someone above you playing around with their sleep number.
The noise was REALLY loud--just like a compressor machine.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Poor sound insulation and loud compressor noise above room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center Sacramento? Share your experiences!