We just returned from a one night stay and could not wait to get back home. I am still wondering what those guys are thinking, putting a sign into their lobby asking people to write reviews on tripadvisor, yelp, etc. to become #1 in Sacramento. Well, here is my review, probably not what they had in mind.
It actually started out OK. We arrived in the evening and the place looked nice and fancy with its water fountains, light effects, etc., but first impressions can sometimes be wrong, as we found out:
- There was no place to park and check in, because the entrance was crowded with taxi cabs picking up people from a convention or event that had just ended. Many of them were drunk and not paying much attention, which and made it a little tricky to navigate through.
- The rooms are in Motel like arrangements, most single story, so you have park in front of your room and enter from the parking area, not from an internal hallway. This is not what we expected from a hotel that costs about the same as embassy suites downtown. Actually, it is surprising that this place can call itself a hotel at all. I thought the rule was that you enter the rooms in a hotel from the hallway, but in a motel from the parking lot.
- Our room was relatively small and had two full beds, kind of tight for a family of 4. But it was at least fairly updated and clean and the wireless internet worked well. There were liquid stains on the furniture, though, which matches the drunk convention visitor theme.
- We did not get much sleep for several reasons: Continuous flow of loud drunks passing by our area mixed with frequent loud train horns, which sounded almost like a freight train passing through our room; On top of that a very loud heating system, that cycled throughout the night. We were equipped with earplugs, but those did not help too much.
- Breakfast was not included. We knew that upfront, but it still seemed cheap to me. You can buy breakfast in the hotel itself, but we did not try that.
- We did try lunch, however, and that was pretty "interesting" too. The restaurant seemed fancy, but that's about it. It took a while to get a table, then again a long wait for the waitress, long wait for drinks, long wait for food, followed by a long wait for utensils to actually eat the food. The bill came then pretty quickly and prices were OK. The food was just OK, partially luke warm, it must have been sitting out for a while too.
Overall I would not recommend this "hotel" and now I understand why so many people were drunk, it is probably much more tolerable in a state of intoxication.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Sacramento
- Sacramento Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center Sacramento features the finest accommodations in a luxury setting. We are located just five minutes from the California State Capitol and Old Sacramento and offer our guests the finest in service and comfort.We offer 306 spacious and exquisitely designed sleeping rooms along with 29 hospitality suites. Our onsite facilities include our lakeside pool & spa where you can be pampered in the most relaxing atmosphere.Dine in the Lakeside Bar & Grille and enjoy fine Mediterranean and California Fresh cuisine, while taking in the beautiful lake view.Planning a meeting or wedding in Sacramento doesn't get any better than the Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center Sacramento. We offer over 50,000 Sq. Ft. of meeting and event space and catering professionals on site to attend to every detail. Our professional event planners will ensure your meeting, social event or wedding will be a smashing success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Red Lion Woodlake Hotel Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.