“Wouldn't Stay Again - Ever.” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Sacramento North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4604 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841-2515   |
Ranked #48 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Eureka, California
“Wouldn't Stay Again - Ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The outside of the hotel was dirty. The walkways were filthy from spilled coffe and bird poop. The room was worse. On first glance I noticed the curtain was broken and the tub was so dirty I wouldn't shower in it. The sheets had numerous burn marks in them. At night when we went to bed, my husband went to lie on his side of the bed and an entire leg was missing making it impossible to sleep in the same bed! In the morning when we awoke, the sheets had pulled from the mattress exposing a 12 inch round blood stain on the side! I tried contacting the management, but never heard back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am a big fan of La Quinta properties because of their pet friendly attitude and they are usually a good value. Unfortunately, this La Quinta was a disappointment to me. It is very old, and in need of a lot of repair and refurbishment. I found "silverfish" in the bathroom, and the tub was not an inviting site. I never took my shoes off while in the room, as the cleanliness of the carpet was questionable. The breakfast was not as nice as at other La Quintas'; there were no eggs or fresh waffles, although they did have pre-cooked waffles that you could put into the toaster. They were out of yogurt and the only fruit in the basket were green bananas. Bottom line, this is one La Quinta you may want to pass on.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is a great hotel for the location & money. Everyone is very friendly & tries their best to please you. It is surrounded by several good eating places & convenient to the freeways. I would definetly recommend it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I requested a clean and quiet room, two weeks in a row. I got what I requested - and more. I could get out of my care and actually walk to dinner, for coffee, or to workout. There is a pool, but I didn't use it. Breakfast is okay, but it was plenty of options to get me started in the day.
I think it would be absolutely fabulous to 15-20 bucks less a room, but it's definitely better than the other options around there. Very good place - average value is how I would sum it up.

Room Tip: Within walking distance of Family Fitness, Boston Market, In and Out Burgers, and Starbucks.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I arrived and my room was ready and the desk clerk gave me a discount...so far, so good. Then I went into my "non-smoking" room and it smelled of either cigarette smoke or some heavy-duty freshener that smelled a lot like cigarettes. I called the front desk and they assured me it was a non-smoking room but that I may come back down to the desk and they would give me another room. I could feel a respiratory reaction (chest tightening and a little labored breathing) so I gathered my things and went down to the desk. The clerk was gracious and quick to assign another room. That room had the same odor but not as strong and I wasn't having as bad of a reaction so I decided to keep that room. The room was a little tired looking and appeared clean except for the tub which looked like the bottom of it was dirty and needed a good bleaching. There was a hair on the wall of the tub surround and the drain stopper/plug was removed and just sitting in the bottom of the tub. I felt I needed to put a towel down in the tub prior to taking a shower, and did so. The hotel offered breakfast but based on the cleanliness of the bathroom in my room I decided not to partake of it and opted for the Starbucks across the street instead. For $70/night it was a good price dollar-wise and easy access on/off the freeway. The bed was comfortable enough and the television worked fine but the towels were thin and felt worn out. I have stayed at other La Quinta hotels before and found them to be clean and comfortable; I think this particular establishment needs some updating. I most likely will choose another hotel on my way through Sacramento again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento North? Share your experiences!