“Below Average Cost and Room” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Sacramento North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4604 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841-2515   |
Ranked #48 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Surprise, Arizona
“Below Average Cost and Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I arrived and my room was ready and the desk clerk gave me a discount...so far, so good. Then I went into my "non-smoking" room and it smelled of either cigarette smoke or some heavy-duty freshener that smelled a lot like cigarettes. I called the front desk and they assured me it was a non-smoking room but that I may come back down to the desk and they would give me another room. I could feel a respiratory reaction (chest tightening and a little labored breathing) so I gathered my things and went down to the desk. The clerk was gracious and quick to assign another room. That room had the same odor but not as strong and I wasn't having as bad of a reaction so I decided to keep that room. The room was a little tired looking and appeared clean except for the tub which looked like the bottom of it was dirty and needed a good bleaching. There was a hair on the wall of the tub surround and the drain stopper/plug was removed and just sitting in the bottom of the tub. I felt I needed to put a towel down in the tub prior to taking a shower, and did so. The hotel offered breakfast but based on the cleanliness of the bathroom in my room I decided not to partake of it and opted for the Starbucks across the street instead. For $70/night it was a good price dollar-wise and easy access on/off the freeway. The bed was comfortable enough and the television worked fine but the towels were thin and felt worn out. I have stayed at other La Quinta hotels before and found them to be clean and comfortable; I think this particular establishment needs some updating. I most likely will choose another hotel on my way through Sacramento again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our first stay at a La Quinta. Had always made the assumption that they were priced out of our range. Not so. And there is no charge for our pet. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was one of the nicest we have stayed in and the bed was really comfortable. Everything about this stop was top notch. There is even an In-n-Out burger place right next door, but alas, I didn't get to eat there. Will be our stop next time we come here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

All I can say is that the bed was comfortable. Everything else was below average. There were belongings left behind by previous guests. The room smelled and carpets were dirty. The front desk stated that they often over book thier rooms and have to find other reservations for guests.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I found this place to be great! The staff was kind and very helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. I will definately go there again when I travel in this direction. They took me to the airport and picked me up when I returned. Just a great place over all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Rough two days. Broken tv. Ineffective air conditioner. No exercise room...you can drive .5 mile, spend $5 per day and use a local family gym...I wish they told me this ahead of time. Not the usual La Quinta Inn standards.

Room Tip: Be careful of room location...freeway noise for some rooms.