“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #47 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was the most horrible one night stay for my family and I. This hotel was very old, very dirty and the staff looked like homeless picked up from the streets. The complimentary breakfast was a joke, they served muffins, frozen waffles, nasty coffee and OJ. Do not stay at this place, its surrounded by ghetto people.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We arrived to find a room that stinks. A dirty bathroom. Down the hallway to the pool were people with a lot of kids smoking cigarettes with the door and windows open. Cigarette butts all over.
On the entrance to the pool says if you have diarrhea or have had diarrhea in the last 14 days do not go in the pool. OMG who crap in the pool to get a sign like that put up.
Breakfast consisted of muffins stale bagels dry cereal and bread. Wow this is the WORSE LaQuinta we have ever
stayed in. I would give it a no star if I was able to.

• Stayed August 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Belfair, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We generally like staying with La Quinta when we travel as we have a cat and they are usually a very clean hotel. First arriving I had to go down to retrieve my own remote for the TV, maybe the maid took it home with her as our TV was on when we first entered the room (#222). The bottom of the bathtub was disgusting. It looked like 100 little kids with mud on their feet had done the twist on the tub floor. Ground in dirt. Doesn't bleach take this out??! Then it was time to use the Internet. (Free wi fi).... But NO Internet. The woman at the front desk gave ME a phone # to call to a help desk. After spending about 15 mins. With them, they couldn't figure out the problem, so told me they'd research the issue, and call back. They did but nothing worked...when asked in the morning at the front desk I was told that some one had stolen a router and cut lines......hummm, would that be an " inside" job? It should NOT be the customers problem to find out why the Internet is not working... The hotel is the customer of the Internet provider! Go after them! Make Them accountable and your customers happy! It's not rocket science, no such thing as accountability OR customer service anymore....a sad day America.
PS...a positive, our bed was very comfortable!!!

Room Tip: Check your room over before unpacking to be sure it's clean enough! If not, asked to be moved AS...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a very large motel (165 rooms) that has been there a long time. It has been well kept and updated, but the rooms are still small. Very pleasant staff, good breakfast. It is located just off of I-5 and short distance for I-80. You can walk to the Sacramento/American River.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Concord, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights recently, reserved via an online service. Probably won't use that service again since I'd stayed here 5 years ago via another online service and didn't like it then. Still don't. I thought it was going to be a different hotel based on the area.

The only good things about it is that it was close to where I had to be and it smelled nice (some kind of cleaning product) and the bedding (mattress/pillows) were quite comfortable and cozy.

Staff was non-descript except the woman who checked me in was friendly, except that she mistakenly programmed my key for only one night so I ended up wasting a bunch of time, when I was in a hurry and had luggage in my hand, having to walk all the way back to the lobby and get an extra day put on my key.

What I didn't like was that it's right next to Highway 80 (corner with Madison ---- also very busy) so you can hear the noise. Also, the A/C was really loud. I could sleep but it had virtually no ambience. My room (343) was right across from the ice maker (loud) in an outside hallway. Traveling as a solo female, the outside hallways don't give much sense of security. I much prefer a quieter hotel with indoor hallways which have carpeting.

In addition, the "breakfast" was spartan ---- just bread/cereal products, fruit, juice, coffee. Nothing like what some hotels serve as an included breakfast these days. Also the eating area takes over the lobby so there isn't much in the way of a lobby. Not very welcoming, on the approach.

In the room, the best signal I could get on the wireless said "good." Not "excellent" as I'm used to. Thus, the service was so slow that it may as well not been available. Also, no business center so if I'd really needed the internet, I would have had to drive down Madison Avenue to a nearby FedEx Office. Also, electronics-wise -- there were almost no channels of interest on the TV. For a sports fan, there was nothing. It was a 32" flatscreen though, despite not much of a selection.

The bathtub looked so dirty brown-ish (stained, I believe) that I didn't want to take a shower. There was a small one-cup coffee maker in the bathroom. I'd been promised a "micro-fridge" when I called several days in advance. Not there.

I didn't use the pool (no ambience there either ---- just a bunch of kids doing cannon balls and no place to relax and read) ---- didn't look appealing at all.

As above, I'll give them credit for having comfortable and clean bedding but can't think of any other reason I'd ever return. There is a new In-N--Out Burger right across the parking lot (which we enjoy at home) but never made it there, not wanting to spend much time in the busy area around the freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Where do I begin? Stayed here 3 years ago with no problem -- it's gone seriously downhill since then. Non-smoking room stank of cigarette smoke; NO fridge or microwave in our room, nor functioning internet; gross bathroom and less-than-clean room. Had to laugh when on reporting internet problem, the front desk gave us the number for their CORPORATE IT provider. Won't make the mistake of staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013