“Abysmal” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4604 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841-2515   |
Ranked #48 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
“Abysmal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Where do I begin? Stayed here 3 years ago with no problem -- it's gone seriously downhill since then. Non-smoking room stank of cigarette smoke; NO fridge or microwave in our room, nor functioning internet; gross bathroom and less-than-clean room. Had to laugh when on reporting internet problem, the front desk gave us the number for their CORPORATE IT provider. Won't make the mistake of staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here while attending a softball tournament and this hotel is a no tell motel! The first day a homeless man was swimming in the pool and was watching my 13 yr old daughter. Staff kicked him out and he threatened he would be back and later that night he came back and a group of dads had to chase him 4 off 4 times since the Hotel took no action. 911 was called and they didn't even bother to come. There was pubic hair all over the bathroom floor, blood on the light switch of the bathroom and hole in the ceiling, the bathtub was brown and moldy, we wore flip flops to shower. If that isn't enough there are actually people that LIVE at this hotel with their 7 kids, dogs and drugs. The dogs bark at all hours of the night and the kids ran wild unattended. The smell of them smoking pot was so overwhelming that our AC would suck in the smell and blow into our room. When I complained to the front desk there answer was " hope you enjoyed your stay see you next time" ... if you want child stalkers, drugs and unhelpful staff than this is your hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calabasas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My co-worker and I stayed here for one night on a business trip. We chose this particular hotel because of location and price. The only positive comments I have are the bed was comfortable, the staff at the front desk were smiling and kind, the free slow internet, and the free so-so breakfast. EVERYTHING else about this hotel was terrible. Within 10 minutes of checking into our room we had what seemed like a drug crazed homeless man banging on my co-workers door. Thankfully my co-worker did not open the door and called the front desk instead. The situation was handled quickly by the front desk attendant threatening to call the cops and yelling at the man who continued to band on the door. My room smelled strongly like piss and his room smelled like cigarette smoke. The bathtubs in both of our rooms were disgusting. I wore my flip-flops in the tub. The walls between rooms were thick enough not to hear what other guest were doing (thankfully), however the walls attached to the street were paper thin. We stayed in room parallel to the in and out drive through (about 50 feet away) and all throughout the night I got to hear food orders and very loud music. All in all I will personally NOT stay here again. Creepy, old, and a safety risk. Good luck to all those who give it a try, I hope you experience is better.

Room Tip: any room NOT near the in and out drive through
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
campbell river, bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Spent two nights here last week escaping failed air conditioning in my mom's home. These used to be good hotels.

It was shamefully poorly maintained. Hallways were dirty, chairs in room had really disgustingly stained seats. (Ugh!) Room wasn't prepared--only one facecloth, one coffee packet. Day two the cleaner thought we'd booked out.

Air conditioning worked, mostly, but was noisy. Fridge had been unplugged and the door closed. It smelled.

Agent at checkin was barely civil.

Coffee at breakfast was the worst I've been served in this country...Bagels were stale. Cream cheese may well have been warm and then re-refrigerated--tasted odd, and my mom developed stomach cramps.

Nearby food sources --an In & Out Burger which is pretty good and a lousy uncivil Boston Kitchen where the food smelled gross. I didn't try it...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento North? Share your experiences!