“Creepy, old and a safety risk” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Sacramento North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4604 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841-2515   |
Ranked #48 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Calabasas, California
“Creepy, old and a safety risk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My co-worker and I stayed here for one night on a business trip. We chose this particular hotel because of location and price. The only positive comments I have are the bed was comfortable, the staff at the front desk were smiling and kind, the free slow internet, and the free so-so breakfast. EVERYTHING else about this hotel was terrible. Within 10 minutes of checking into our room we had what seemed like a drug crazed homeless man banging on my co-workers door. Thankfully my co-worker did not open the door and called the front desk instead. The situation was handled quickly by the front desk attendant threatening to call the cops and yelling at the man who continued to band on the door. My room smelled strongly like piss and his room smelled like cigarette smoke. The bathtubs in both of our rooms were disgusting. I wore my flip-flops in the tub. The walls between rooms were thick enough not to hear what other guest were doing (thankfully), however the walls attached to the street were paper thin. We stayed in room parallel to the in and out drive through (about 50 feet away) and all throughout the night I got to hear food orders and very loud music. All in all I will personally NOT stay here again. Creepy, old, and a safety risk. Good luck to all those who give it a try, I hope you experience is better.

Room Tip: any room NOT near the in and out drive through
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
campbell river, bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Spent two nights here last week escaping failed air conditioning in my mom's home. These used to be good hotels.

It was shamefully poorly maintained. Hallways were dirty, chairs in room had really disgustingly stained seats. (Ugh!) Room wasn't prepared--only one facecloth, one coffee packet. Day two the cleaner thought we'd booked out.

Air conditioning worked, mostly, but was noisy. Fridge had been unplugged and the door closed. It smelled.

Agent at checkin was barely civil.

Coffee at breakfast was the worst I've been served in this country...Bagels were stale. Cream cheese may well have been warm and then re-refrigerated--tasted odd, and my mom developed stomach cramps.

Nearby food sources --an In & Out Burger which is pretty good and a lousy uncivil Boston Kitchen where the food smelled gross. I didn't try it...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cypress, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked a King suite--did not get a suite. We are Elite Members and should have had priority access, especially since we booked the room weeks in advance. The hotel "hot tub" was a green horror. The inner hallways were dirty and poorly maintained. The room was reasonably clean, but poorly maintained and desperately in need of a carpet cleaning. The air conditioner was loud and rattled all night--I guess we should be thankful it worked. The tub didn't drain very well, so by the end of our showers we could have taken a bath. I have stayed in better Motel 6s. The breakfast was disappointing. The staff was friendly, but I probably will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento North? Share your experiences!