“Girls reunion” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
A TripAdvisor Member
“Girls reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were meeting in the Sacrament area for our own girls reunion. This laQuinta Inn was the one the closest to our destination.The front desk people were very friendly and helpful.However, our only complaint was that the toilet seemed to have a very slow drain and the water came up to the lid. We called the front desk at 9:30 pm for a plunger and they weren't able to send anyone to our toom. We went to the desk to get the plunger and it worked. Also the showerhead is unstable. When we checked out, we returned the plunger and told them our issue and they took almost $17 off the cost of the room.I found that to be a very pleasant surprise. They apologized for our inconvience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

As an individual for business, for job interviews, for family get togethers I use La Quinta , they are a franchise hotel group. In my view they are outstanding value, compared to others eg at one end motel 6 or 8, or Holiday inn which usely near double of LQ.
SO with this in mind, there were a few minor things less than you would expect at other LQ
Passably acceptable for a short stay for longer then a miss.

Room Tip: Check website, use AAA membership if have,AARP too for lower rates, LQ love pets
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Long Beach, wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Sat by the pool and within 20 minuets it became apparent two guys on the third floor across from the pool were dealing. They were so open that they carried on their business on cell phones standing outside their room and while walking the hallways.

Later that night when we returned from dinner we had to park at the rear of the motel. When we got there we noticed a couple of guys and a girl. The girl was "servicing" men in cars parked in the office supply parking lot next door to the motel.

We spoke to one of the employees about this and she said they had thrown out the drug dealers but the drug dealers started screaming racism and the manager let them back on the premises. OK, that's cool, you have drugs and prostitution but you don't have me anymore.

That's the bad news. The good news is that your car is probably safe because the folks doing "business" out of this motel would not want the attention a vandalized, stolen, or broken into car would bring.

By the way.... I am a former law enforcement officer and a pretty good observer.

Room Tip: Front side if you want easy access to drugs. Back side if you want easy access to hookers.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

There may not be enough room for this review! Upon checking into our room after a long day of travel we discovered that in the recently renovated hotel there were towels for one and the new tv did not work. When I caled the desk I was informed that they did not have enough towels for all of their rooms and that they would try to get a technician the next day to fix the TV!

After that, I needed an iced drink so I wandered down the hall and around two corners to the ice machine for a bucket of ice. No luck! Out of order. I even walked down a flight of stairs to find another ice machine out of order! Returning to my room I called the front desk and was told that the only operating ice machine was down three flights of stairs and across the motel property! Room temperature was sounding good to me.

After sleeping on that we wandered down to the lobby for the complimentary "breakfast" to discover a feeble offering hardly worth the effort. To take our minds off the night and morning I stopped at the desk to remind of our need for towels and to ask for directions to the "complimentary" pass to a neighboring health club. I was instructed to show my room card at the health club two blocks away and pay $5.00 each for a one-day admission to the club. Am I the only person who knows the definition of "complimentary?"

As our stay continued I had to ask for towels for two everyday! Each time I was reminded that the motel did not own enough towels for all the rooms. A business friend of mine tells me he stays at LaQunta's all across the country and enjoys his stays. My advice, "Matt, stay away from this one. Stay someplace else!!"

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

We reserved to stay for two days and left after one night. The rooms were old and the floors were very dirty. My wife and kids walked in the rooms with bare feet and after few minutes their feets were black. The rooms were small and the location was scary, lock your car. Find another la Quinta to stay. I have stayed in lots of la Quinta, but this is the worse.

• Stayed June 2011
AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We booked a four night stay at this hotel, and it was just too much trouble to find another, or we would have! (Schedule constraints)
The carpet was grubby- especially just inside the door. The upholstered chair was grimy, pillows uncomfortable and the bed so-so. The television was antiquated, to say the least.
Hot water in the shower turned cold off and on, and the toilet barely flushed.
One night, we returned at the end of the day to find no bath towels in the room and none available at all until the next morning!

While the personnel at the hotel were pleasant enough, this facility is overdue for a freshening.

Room Tip: Noisy if you are ground floor facing the pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

On arriival date 5/7/11 people appeared to breaking in a car with a cloth hanger. The elevators was very dirty with water which could cause a dangerous situation. there was a lot of traffic of people hanging out in the parking lot. Also the internet showed the room to look betteer than it appeeared to, the check in staff was not friendly at arrival. If i was traveling by myself i would have not stayed at the location becaus the environment was very unsafe and not appealing. Pools were very old and unkept.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento North? Share your experiences!