“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were there for a business convention in Sacramento, and this is the first time I stay at this hotel. We arrived around 12:00 pm, and of course it is too early to check in, and we requested about 15 rooms, but that didn't stop the friendly front desk staff from accommodate all of us into our rooms. At first, they put me in a room near the elevators, and I ask them (nicely) is there is a way to change my room, as we all know the rooms near the elevators have ton of traffic, and tend to bit noise. Without hesitation the front desk switch my room to a room with a beautiful view and a balcony with no extra charge. These people will do whatever it takes to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Overall, my colleagues and I are very comfortable with our overall experience, and I sure enjoy the extra TLC that was provided to me. I will definitely stay there again. Just a word of advise, there is a surcharge for WiFi, and parking is NOT free for the hotel guess.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask for a room with view, the front desk with whatever possible to accommodate...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback! Our Front Desk agents strive to provide wonderful customer service, so meeting the requests of our guests is a top priority. We look forward to seeing you next time you return to Sacramento!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family of four stayed during New Year's Eve. From the prior reviews, I was concern about the noise level in the room. The front desk was excellent at check-in: friendly and efficient. Desiree was able to place us in the wing that faced the Capitol Mall, but put us with other families and older couples. That resulted in a quiet night sleep. Vines restaurant served very good food and not too expensive in light of the quality and taste. We did not try Dawson's due to their special New Year's Eve menu and our young children. We did go to Tower's Café (not at the hotel), but found the food slightly above average. I want to especially compliment the housekeeping staff. The housekeeping staff were "super-friendly". We got more "Happy New Year" and "Good morning" from the housekeeping crew than the front desk. However, I don't want to sound like the front desk staff were unfriendly - the front desk staff were extremely friendly. It was just amazing that the housekeeping crew could top that. On top of their friendliness, the room was very clean. We were very happy with our stay. My compliment to the management for keeping the staff happy, which shows when they interact with guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I traveled with my wife for a New Years Eve celebration and we stayed at the Hyatt and really enjoyed the experience. We were professionally greeted by Christoper Lee, a Customer Service Associate, who had excellent customer service skills and was very personable. No request was too much for this young man and he did everything in his power to make us feel welcome. We ordered room service and the food was well prepared and came with good size portions. The location is perfect as it is right across the street from the Capitol and there are several shops and restaurants in the downtown area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a chance to say here, and booked a room for Christmas Eve day. Everything was clean and what you would expect, with a little bit of a corporate feel. Even though the hotel had a ton of vacant rooms, they put us in a room with an adjoining door, through which we could hear every word of conversation. Very disturbing. They moved us without complaint. The mattress was way past it, and the bedding was not good. These very important minuses aside, everything ran smoothly, the pool and spa was a plus, and the location is very good. Views of the capital can be a plus. Don't know if the mattress was peculiar to our experience, or whether this is a problem hotel wide, but the bedding certainly needs to be looked at by management.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your feedback in regards to your mattress and I am glad to see our team was quickly able to remedy the situation with your bed! Thank you again for your candid comments, hopefully we will see you in Sacramento again soon!!
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Hyatt is my hands-down fav hotel in my former home town city. Its location is like the body of an octopus, with tentacles reaching easily into the downtown shopping area, restaurants, the State Capitol and lovely surrounding arboretum, and various forms of entertainment from movies to concerts to conventions. The hotel is one of the most relaxing Hyatts in a nice chain of hotels, with pleasant competent staff, great views of the Sierra and the city from the upper floors and restaurant, and a small but welcoming swimming pool for summer visits in a hot city. The hotel has a nice little lobby bar and comfy rooms. It also has some competition, so there are often special rates, especially on weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Aptos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am expressing my gratitude to Tina, Customer Service Associate, who checked me into my room on December 07, 2013. Tina was absolutely wonderful. She was kind, joyful, personable and represented your Hotel with excellence through her outstanding customer relations. My hope is that she will be located and have a written letter from Hyatt regarding my review as she deserves to be recognized.

Michelle A. Kern

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comments about your recent stay! I wanted to let you know your review has been shared with Tina as well as the rest of our management team! Thanks again and hopefully we will see you back in Sacramento soon!!
Belvedere, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have tried most of Sacramento's highest rated hotels and have concluded that it is hard to beat the Hyatt Regency. It is consistently "user friendly" and it has the best staff of any hotel anywhere. You always get the feeling they are happy to have you as a guest. The rooms are spacious and immaculate. Location is ideal. Rates are reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We're definitely hard to beat, and we LOVE to have you as our guest! Thank you so much for the positive review!!

Been to Hyatt Regency Sacramento? Share your experiences!