“Nice rooms overlooking the park” 4 of 5 stars

Business Savvy w/Internet
Ranked #21 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Tacoma, Washington
“Nice rooms overlooking the park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Checked into the Hyatt at night. Large room, very well appointed. Soft and cushy towels. All that one would look for in a room. The staff were friendly and helpful, directing me to a restaurant I sought, and providing information on alternatives. The lobby itself was spartan and sleek modern design. A little too spartan for me, but that is the look.
On getting up the next morning and opening the window shades I was pleasantly surprised by a lush view of the park next door. Very kind on the eyes. While not a hotel full of character, it has all the amenities and a very nice setting in the capital city.

Room Tip: Get a room on the park side if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed the view! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience, hopefully we will see you next time your travels bring you back to Sacramento!

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Though this is my first review of this hotel, it is my 4th stay here over the past few years. The hotel has remained fresh and current to my travel needs throughout those stays. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed. There are high quality beds and linens and the HVAC, shower and toilets have always functioned effectively. The rooms have been clean and my watchful eye for signs of mold has been pleased by clean grout. Power plugs are plentiful but in my particular room on this stay, their position om the side of the nightstand adjacent to the mattress made them a bit awkward and the nightstand had to be moved to use them. The large flat screen provided a clear picture and the room safe is just a slight bit larger than many which is appreciated. Like many hotels, it would be useful to have better lighting at the full length mirror but the overall lighting is excellent. Because this is a large meeting venue, I suggest asking for rooms away from elevators, in particular on the third floor which has open hallway balconies to the lobby with high noise levels. Pricing was good for this stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
It's great that you found us to be accomodating of the needs for your visit and hopefully, should your travel plans bring you back to Sacramento, you'll consider staying with us again.
Draper, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, with a great staff to go with it. The rooms are very nice, large, and just nice like you expect at a Hyatt. The bathroom was also very nice, I might add. The breakfast and lunch buffets were also quite good. We also rented a conference room and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
So glad that you were comfortable and we could help you & your co-workers get the job done. Come back any time!
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento last weekend while we helped move my daughter into the dorms at UC Davis. I've only stayed at one other Hyatt (Austin) and remember it being fabulous... Therefore, we expected more from our 2nd experience with them.

The Good Stuff First: 1. Check-in went good - the service from the luggage guy (are they still called Bellhops?) was great and the front desk personnel were very professional, courteous and quick. 2. The beds were very comfy and clean. 3. The lobby bar had very good service and we loved the almonds that they served with your drink. 4. The parking was very easy to access and it wasn't too expensive to self park.

Bad Stuff: 1. We found our room to be kind of dingy... There was what looked like months worth of hair and dust along the carpet edges, especially along the wall where the bathroom door opened to, as if the door was always open when the room was vacuumed and no one ever checked behind it. There were dirty hand prints all over the interior of the room door and hair on the bathroom floor. 2. We were on the 4th floor, directly above a "smoking station" that was located outside of the pool area. Everyone would come stand at the ash tray and smoke... and of course, all of the smoke would drift up and into our open balcony door. 3. People were allowed to yell and laugh at the pool area well into the night. It was a cool night and we would have liked to have kept our balcony door open, but had to close it because of the noise. 4. The television is set to not allow you to turn up the volume past a certain point. Both my husband and I had a hard time hearing it at the low level the hotel allows. This should be the guest's decision... not the hotel's. 5. We ate breakfast on Sunday in the hotel restaurant and the service was very lacking (the food, when I finally got it was delicious). They weren't that busy, yet we had to ask for coffee and water refills and for ketchup twice. The only attentiveness we got was when they gave us the bill. 6. No plugs on the bedside table. (We were spoiled when we stayed at the Marriott last week!)

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the "smoking area"!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. The specifics that you described are disappointing and not representative of the high standard to which we hold ourselves. I will be sharing your comments with our Directors of Housekeeping and Food and Beverage so that they might follow-up accordingly. Thank you again for being our guest.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I spent a weekend exploring Sacramento. The hotel is across from Capital Park, 5 minute walk to the California State Capital, and 15 minute walk to Old Town. There is a bus stop one block from the hotel where you can catch a bus to/from the airport. Like other Hyatt I have stayed, the room is clean and functional; bed comfortable. The window can be opened to let in the cool air at night. The gym is not directly attached to the hotel - it requires going outside and walking a block. Not many restaurants near the hotel are open on weekends or evenings - I believe this is because downtown mainly consists of workers who are there during the weekdays and live elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. I'm very glad that our property fit your needs well and you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, should your travel plans bring you back to Sacramento, we'll see you back again!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Was there for 1 night on business - it was decent enough place. Central to where I needed to be. Clean room. Bathroom was a bit tired and the showers did not work - had to call in maintenance. Food was ok - expensive room service. Nothing more to really add as it was a quick in and out trip. Would probably go back there if on a business trip - was keen to try out their swimming pool but due to traffic from San Fran I got delayed and just crashed as I got to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to try out our pool. We look forward to having you back again in hopes that you can try it out on your next visit.
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was disappointed with the Hyatt in Sacramento on two levels. I've stayed here before and have found the hotel a typical Hyatt - very nice. However when I was asked to train in Sacramento again and the training was offered at the Hyatt, I learned that they expected me the previous day and when I didn't register they gave away my room. I can understand the tendency to want to sell the unused rooms and the confusion on what day I was going to initially check-in is understandable (maybe even my fault!). However they did not check with the contact staff for the trainers for this program before they cancelled the subsequent nights of my stay. The contact staff on-site were as surprised as I was when we learned of the confusion. Secondly they were rude about it. I was advised that I was a "no-show" (as in "you are a no-show"!) I felt like I needed to take a shower or something. When the manager was summoned (I didn't ask for a manager - I understand if there aren't any rooms available) he also advised me that i was a "no-show" (which explained why the desk clerk had an edge; she learned it from her manager).
So, I was advised to go elsewhere. Look for my very favorable review of The Citizen Hotel. :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize that we were unable to accomodate your reservation due some confusion regarding your arrival date. When a reservation does not check into our system, there is unfortunately not a time allotment that allows for us to call each guest and confirm whether or not the room is needed. Rather, the subsequent room nights automatically return to our inventory. I can understand how this would be frustrating though and am very sorry for the negative impact this had on your trip to Sacramento. I am more disappointed; however, that you found our staff's attitude to be anything less than kind and empathetic. This is certainly not the lasting impression that we would like you to have of our hotel. I truly hope that should your travel plans bring you back, you'll consider coming back to see us again.

Been to Hyatt Regency Sacramento? Share your experiences!