“A very nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Business Savvy w/Internet
Ranked #20 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Indiana
“A very nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Hyatt for work in March. This hotel was very nice. Room was very clean and modern. The staff was friendly, and helped with a couple special requests, including getting taxis, storing bags with the valet, and checking in early when our plans shifted. The fitness center was very nice, but rather hard to find. The air conditioning was very loud when it cycling on/off. I would really like to give this hotel 4.5 stars. I wouldn't give it five, because I wish the Wi-Fi was free. When the room is $200+/night, I believe the Wi-Fi should be included. It is free in the lobby area, but not in the rooms. I appreciated the extras in the bathroom: toothpaste, cotton swabs, etc, just made for a nicer touch. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights/ 4 days for a conference. I was given a room on the concierge level (10th floor), which happens to be where the Elite members stay. The ex-governor of CA - Arnold Schwarzenegger - had a suite on the 12th floor. This is where he used to stay when he was in town.

Pretty nice and clean rooms. The extra pillows were delivered to my room before I even hung up the phone with the front desk. Nice!!!

There is free breakfast on the 10th floor. The breakfast is pretty good. They have a espresso/ latte/ cappuccino/ coffee/ tea machine. Decent pastries, too. I didn't eat in the Dawson's grill but, I had drinks at the Dawson's bar. They have a great outdoor seating area, complete with a fireplace. Pretty sweet during the desert evenings.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am giving four stars to this review because it means "very good", while three stars means "average". My real review should stand at three and half star, since my found could be defined as good, no more, no less.

The pros:
- Service at reception was fine every time I went, wifi was provided free of charge and all went well at check-in and check-out.
- Rooms were clean, not too noisy, even though I was close to the elevators. Nothing to write home about, but everything you expect from a 5-star property.
- Pool facilities and service was great, we had a great time there, as well as by the lobby bar. Staff was nice overall.
- Restaurant offered a full-breakfats that was very generous and hearty, but pretty much the same throughout the four days I stayed. A bit of variety would have been nice...
- Starbucks within the hotel made it accessible for a great coffee after a morning jog ;-)

The cons:
- Conference rooms were very ordinary, same can be said about food and beverage provided during our event.
- Concierge was useless when I asked about transfers and shuttles options to SFO. I had to basically do all the research myself with my computer, and ended up finding solutions by calling Napa Valley directly (incurring call fees that could have been avoided).
- Service was uneven, sometimes in the restaurant, sometimes at the lobby bar or with concierge. Too bad, because there were some staff that clearly made the effort to exceed client expectations while others barely hit the mark.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I'm so sorry our Concierge was unable to assist you. I will be sure to have them look in to this information to assure they are able to provide options in the future. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to see you again!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here one night in April 2013 and had a great experience. Checkin service was excellent - they were able to accommodate all of my requests (higher floor, king bed, facing downtown) along with a slightly early checkin. I asked about Wifi fees in the room (around $10 for 24h), and was also told there was free wifi in the lobby. The room was very comfortable and quiet - I had a corner room on the 12th floor. I was not familiar with the brand of toiletries, but they seemed to be of good quality. There are the usual (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap) and also toothpaste, a vanity kit, cotton swabs, shower cap, and facial wipes. My room also had slippers, but no robe which I thought was odd.
The location is great if you're going to something at the Capitol or at the convention center. Both are across the street from the Hyatt, and there's a Starbucks next door. It's about a $35 cab ride from the airport.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our SKAL convention (SKAL is a word for a Nordic toast) of a bunch of tourism professionals had an outstanding stay at the Hyatt. Their rooms seemed to be recently renovated, beds very comfortable, and I think their bathroom amenities are the best in the business. Staff were all very professional, though I thought almost too stiff and formal at times. But no complaints at all on the service!

My only complaint was the HSIA service not available in the meeting room. I purchased it for myself each day, but it was not available in the meeting room so I would take my Ipad, run out into the lobby where it was free, send the emails to work, run back into the meeting rooms, work a little more, then repeat. So you pay for the room HSIA, get it free in the lobby, but can't get anything in the meeting room.

Room Tip: I would just ask for a room without an adjoining room door.
Carmel, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Waiting waiting waiting for > 6 hours for a room. Hyatt needs to hire more housekeeping staff!

Cant show pic of room. Still havent seen it. They said it might be available after 5 pm. I'm gonna have to nap on a sofa in their lobby.

Stayed April 2013
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I'm very sorry about the long wait you experienced when you arrived to check-in. Check-in is at 3pm and we certainly do our best to have all rooms available at this time, but occasionally we find ourselves in a situation where specific bed types are not yet available. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable!!
Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for just one night on 4/11/13 but was impressed with every aspect of my stay. The staff was truly amazing and went out of their way to assist with everything. Check in was smooth. I requested a quiet room and was given a nice corner room on the 7th floor. The room itself was a typical Hyatt room and was in good shape. The bed was comfortable and provided a great nights sleep. What made this a 5 star review was the staff. Every member of the staff I encountered was friendly, professional, and concerned with the needs of the guest. In one instant a guy cleaning up a banquet room offered to assist me with finding the meeting I was searching for on the display board. In another situation I encountered the most helpful attendant in the Club lounge on the tenth floor. I couldn't even make my own coffee as he insisted on helping me. It appeared that all of the staff from top to bottom were well trained to care about guest satisfaction. That is what makes this review a 5 instead of a 4. Looking forward to staying again when in Sacramento.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience. Your kind words and recognition will definitely be passed on to our associates, and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Hyatt Regency Sacramento? Share your experiences!