“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Pismo Beach, California
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for just one night on 4/11/13 but was impressed with every aspect of my stay. The staff was truly amazing and went out of their way to assist with everything. Check in was smooth. I requested a quiet room and was given a nice corner room on the 7th floor. The room itself was a typical Hyatt room and was in good shape. The bed was comfortable and provided a great nights sleep. What made this a 5 star review was the staff. Every member of the staff I encountered was friendly, professional, and concerned with the needs of the guest. In one instant a guy cleaning up a banquet room offered to assist me with finding the meeting I was searching for on the display board. In another situation I encountered the most helpful attendant in the Club lounge on the tenth floor. I couldn't even make my own coffee as he insisted on helping me. It appeared that all of the staff from top to bottom were well trained to care about guest satisfaction. That is what makes this review a 5 instead of a 4. Looking forward to staying again when in Sacramento.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience. Your kind words and recognition will definitely be passed on to our associates, and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Novato, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the time that I pulled up to the front of the hotel the service was great. The valet was thorough in explaining self parking vs valet parket ($8 per day). The young man at the front desk was professional and delightful. The bellman aassigned to me also professional and neatly dressed. He pointed out the features of the hotel and in my room. Explaining that he was at my service all night. He asked if I needed ice and promptly went to get it for me. The location of the hotel to the conventon center is perfect, right across the street. My only comlaint is that when I picked up the remote it was sticky, ugh. I took it to the bathroom and cleaned it. Peraonally, I think that anything a guest would touch should be wiped. Also, when I got back in the evening my ice bucket had water in it. If, I had known that there was a cheer leading competition going on and that the kids were staying at the hotel, I might has chosen to stay elsewhere. There were kids in the pool and the in the jazcuzzi. Next day the mothers and the kids had a meeting in the patio where we had ordered a cocktail and something to eat. They were loud and noisy. The hotel also still allows smoking in the patio, so if your a non-smoker and your eating, well it was really unpleasant.

Room Tip: The hotle is great, just ask what groups will be there.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice---usually before or after running or triathlon events in the Sacramento area. For the price, the hotel is quite nice. The lobby is nice and open and the hotel rooms are decorated well. We usually walk to dinner which is a bit of a hike to midtown, but on a nice summer night can be a pleasant walk. For the price and downtown location, I definitely recommend this hotel. We did do the breakfast once, which was your typical hotel blah breakfast. The bar is a nice place to have a pre0dinner cocktail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The stay was really nice and I loved the view of the capitol and park from my room. I opened the door of my balcony while I worked on my computer. I was nice lisetening to the hussle and bussle of the city and when the sun went down, the lights of the capitol where even better. The bed was nice and the bathroom was clean.

I ordered room serivce and the chicken casear salad was great! The breakfast was nice as well.

I plan on staying again.

Rescue, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

There are no 5-star hotels in Sacramento and giving this hotel 4 stars is generous, is it a 3.5 star hotel. This is an older (not old) hotel located at one end of the K-street mall across from the state capitol building. The hotel room is 3 star, very average. The beds and room amenities are OK, not memorable but will work for the night. Our room was very clean, no mold in the shower, no unwanted hair anywhere in the bathroom. We didn't hear our neighbors talking but when they opened and closed their room door I'm sure everyone on our floor could hear it, the door slams loud.
The lobby area is decent with a bar and decent steak house. The Lakers stay at this hotel when they play Sacramento, the lobby was full of people waiting to snap photos of the players.
There are several restaurants within walking distance and an Imax theatre is located just outside the back door of the hotel. We stayed at this hotel and walked two short blocks to see a concert at the Crest Theatre.
The parking lot is attached to the hotel, you won't get wet in the rain or sunburned in the summer. Our cost for parking for the night was $17.00. You can walk to Old Sacramento from here, it's about a ten minute walk. This is generally a safe area during the day and night, I'm not sure about the other end of K-street mall at night?
When we walked back to our room about 11 pm on a Saturday nights, lots of cops around and several nightclubs had people waiting outside to get in.
This is a decent property and if the price is right I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a room on the club level which was nice, clean and comfortable and we were planning on getting a great night sleep until the 10:00 hour came. The walls are extremely thin and our "neighbor" was playing his music extremely loud. I could hear hm on his cell phone planning his big party night. Doors kept slamming throughout the hall and through the night because the party included other hotel guests on the same floor. Security came 20 minutes after we called but the music wasn't lowered, the doors didn't stop slamming, and people were going down the hallway speaking loud until the early hours of the morning. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get out of there and get a good night sleep elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I'm very disappointed to hear about your recent stay. We take the tranquility of our guests' stay very seriously and security should have followed up to ensure the noise was brought down to an acceptable level. I am truly sorry and hope you will consider returning should your travels bring you back to Sacramento!
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Modern, stylish decor does not make up for the fact that this "4-star" hotel is really a dressed up motel. Husband & I checked in for a one night "staycation." We would have been more comfortable staying home. What the hotel has going for it - location, ease of parking (garage is adjacent to hotel - but it's not owned by hotel so parking costs extra), Capitol views, friendly customer service - does not make up for what it lacks. Our room had paper thin walls (could hear our neighbors conversations), broken in-room iHome phone charger (an "amenity"), having to pay for wifi ($9.99 or $15.99 packages), HORRIBLY uncomfortable "Hyatt Grand Bed" bed & pillows. Woke up not being able to move my arm & my back is jacked up! Pillows are down. When you lay your head on it, it completely flattens out, leaving you w/ no support and your head on the mattress. Bar & restaurant dead on a Friday night. Nice for intimacy & quick service but empty-feeling.

Room Tip: Do not pay full price for this hotel. Take advantage of a special package or try Priceline.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about the poor night sleep you experience while staying at the hotel. We do have foam pillows available upon request, but the ihome in the room should have been checked prior to your arrival! Should your travels bring you back to Sacramento please don't hesitate to contact us in advance and we will be happy to prepare a room without down pillows. Thank you for you valuable feedback!!

Been to Hyatt Regency Sacramento? Share your experiences!