“They have redeemed themselves” 4 of 5 stars

Business Savvy w/Internet
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Fresno, California
“They have redeemed themselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This location is great and the hotel is nice. The restaurant (Vines) serves an excellent breakfast buffet or you can order off the menu. At check out I was realized i was charged almost double the group rate i had and the "Manager" basically dismissed me when I said that is not the rate I signed up for and that i would not have stayed there that night for that rate. His response "we sent you a confirmation email so there is nothing I can do". I was ready to erite off this hotel and tell as many people I could about the terrible experience and treatment and certaily cross it off the list for my business. Then Heather came to the rescue. When I called back...with my confirmation email in hand...she indicated she had been looking into it and had actually called earlier to let me know they made an adjustment to my account. I was so pleasant to talk to her versus my experience while I was standing there in the lobby checking out. she might just have redeemed Hyatt as far as my business goes in the future but I have to take some time to get over this terrible initial treatment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice, comfortable room with wi-Fi. Allowed a very early check-in. Good food at the bar and restaurant on site. Free gym was spacious and easy to use. Meeting rooms were well serviced and comfortable. There is a Starbucks next door to get you going in the morning. Great location across the street from the Capitol. Walking distance from many restaurants.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Anselmo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It surprises me that the capital of California- Sacramento- doesn't really have a 'luxury' hotel. The Hyatt and the Sheraton are pretty much the closest things. We were at the Hyatt for an event and it was fine except it missed the things that make a property very good or outstanding. The room was a little worn. The mini bar was the electric kind - hate that. There were no wine glasses in the room, no robes, no turn down or anything like that. On the plus side, there was a nice little balcony and the room was quiet and comfortable. I also saw Lebron James in the lobby though so that was fun! Self park was $17. Seemed a little pricey. All in all it's a fine typical big city Hyatt. Unless you have a capital view room you get the sense you could be in a Hyatt anywhere.

Room Tip: Get a view room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. We do have different packages available; some include parking and internet while others include parking and breakfast. I hope you find this information helpful and I'm glad to hear you had a fun experience while visiting Sacramento!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My stay was for one night for a business conference and my standard room was paid for so I'm not sure of the cost. I didn't expect much as I have heard there aren't many great hotels in downtown Sacramento. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again. It's the perfect hotel for a business trip.

For me, the service can make or break any hotel. And the service was GREAT. EVERYONE from the valet attendants, to room service to housekeeping, to the front desk personal were extremely kind and always had smiles on their faces. Props to the management because you don't see this kind of great service across the board unless the management has great hiring and training in place.

My room was a standard room but for what it was it was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. A nice work station and wireless set-up to get some work done. The staff kindly upgraded me to the 10th floor Club Level, which I greatly appreciated.

I eat very healthy and was happy with the breakfast menu as they offered some healthy options. I had the egg frittata which was very good.

I have nothing negative to say about this property.

I was in and out for one night so I didn't get to experience the location. It is across from the State Capitol.

Overall a great stay. And top-notch service. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your kinds words will definitely be shared with our staff, and we look forward to your return visit to Sacramento!
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great Night. Checking in was easy and painless for such a busy night. We had standard room. It was really nice, updated. Since we were getting ready for the night we had room service deliver turkey clubs, sodas. Really good sandwiches but of course it was $50. Haha. We had friends over for cocktails. Room had chairs with a little table. The balcony was small but nice view of the capitol. The ballroom was very festive high energy and we had a great time. Buffet after was good but again over priced. One friend was double charged at buffet. There are plenty of close by restaurants. Overall really great place for a very nice night out.

• Stayed December 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

From check-in to exiting the garage, the staff were gracious and solicitous. My coffee cup was never empty, and the plates never stayed on the table too long. Breakfast buffet was worth the 20 bucks -- nicely prepared to order Denver omlet. But the room was disappointing. Heavy scent of cleanser on entering. The walls were wafer thin. I could hear every belch and other body noise from guests on either side. And the shower overflowed onto the tile floors, requiring me to use up my supply of towels. Wished for something that matched the service. Great location. Not sure if I'll be back.

Room Tip: self-parking is the way to go.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1209LStreet, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. I'm glad to hear that our staff delivered the upstanding service we are known for. I am disappointed to hear that the room assigned to you was not satisfactory. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further so that I can follow up on the issues with your stay. Feel free to reach out to me at megahn.stewart@hyatt.com.
California, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

What an amazing group of people! Honestly you just don't have to look any further for the best care you could ever ask for. I will never stay anywhere else. Close to everything and you will be treated like close family.
Rockstars!!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hyatt Regency Sacramento? Share your experiences!