“What a deal - Newly remodeled rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Business Savvy w/Internet
Ranked #20 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Oregon
“What a deal - Newly remodeled rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Yes, the hotel itself is being remodeled and there is some noise and inconvenience in the lobby area and 2nd floor conference room area - but the rooms were just remodeled and the room we had was really nice. And we got a rate of $75 – a steal!
It is perfectly located, lots of public transportation available, many nice restaurants and cafes within walking distance in the pedestrian-friendly area.

The staff was very helpful, friendly, and really did their best to help us overcome the inconveniences of the remodel on the bottom floors.

We would go back for a longer visit, for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattOpsSacramento, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for the review! Please be sure to join us again soon and enjoy the new lobby and our Starbucks opening. Warm Regards, Jackie Mudd

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency on a business trip to Sacramento. I was so looking forward to this stay, after all it is a Hyatt. I expected the best of everything. This was not to be. I was not able to even walk down the hall to my room each night without covering my nose. Someone became ill in the hallway the first night of my stay and the smell never went away. For five days I had to hold my nose and hope to not get ill myself. This alone does not scream comfortable. Next, the room. I shared my room with a co-worker which of course means sharing a bathroom. We had a routine all worked out, however, when I would exit the bath for her to enter there was no plug near a mirror in the bedroom for me to get ready. I had to borrow a huge extension cord from maintenance! There were no available refrigerators and when you are away for a week, its necessary to keep some items cold. My roommate and I literally had to get 5 ice buckets! One of which your staff tried to charge us for. I have stayed in many Hyatts and have loved them all very much, but not Sacramento. It was unfortunate. I wished it would have been a better experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Under renovation and noisy until September. Besides that, we thought the room was unacceptably small for the amount we paid. The bed was too soft, and I woke up stiff and stayed that way for hours. This property, compared to others we have stayed at does not offer good value, and they charge extra for everything. The rooms and the hotel in general look much better on line than in real life. We will not stay here ever again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Smokers have a horrible time traveling. No matter how beautiful the scenery, how impressive the art gallery, monument or historic site, our main concern is when and where we will be able to have our next cigarette. Many a smoker's vacation has been ruined by the stress caused by the inability to find somewhere to smoke. Yet we stay quiet about this, since we know we are fools who deserve to suffer. Almost every hotel chain in the world is now smoke-free, and justifiably so. The Hyatt Regency Sacramento, however, is equipped with rooms with state-of-the-art air freshening units so you can smoke in your room. The service here was excellent, the food superb, prices reasonable. And if you happen to be a smoker, the ability to indulge indoors is worth five stars on its own.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Antioch, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was my second stay at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. I absolutely love this hotel - great location; friendly and helpful staff; beautiful and spacious rooms, etc. I totally recommend this hotel.

However, I wanted to give my review of this hotel while it's undergoing major renovations of the hotel lobby.

As other posters have mentioned; check-in and concierge are temporarily located on the 2nd floor. The staff were helpful and the signage were clear as to how to get to the second floor. The bar that was located in the lobby was relocated to the outside pool area which to me was excellent given the weather. The only downside is valet. Valet is located on the 2nd floor of the self-park garage. The woman working in the garage kiosk was not helpful and was downright confusing. We literally stumbled upon the valet station located on the second floor; which is right outside of the makeshift check-in kiosk. Self-parking is literally steps away.

I would suggest foregoing valet during construction as self-parking is just as convenient and cheaper.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

The front desk and concierge was always cheerful and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean. The Vines Cafe served great breakfast and lunch and is a great place to meet with friends or business associates.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento for a business trip and even though they were undergoing major lobby renovations, I heard nothing in my room. The whole registration desk was up-rooted and moved to the second floor so that was a bit difficult to understand; however, they did a great job of keeping things quiet in the guest rooms.
I arrived very late, as in 2 am, and the check-in process was quick. The front desk staff made a few notes on my account regarding my room and usually those things are not relayed to the next shift, well, this time they were. I had no problems with my room and everything was taken care of the next morning very seamlessly. It was great.
I had a suite with a dinning room, living room and bedroom and a Capitol view. It was a great room and even included a small balcony.
The amenities in my room were wonderful as well. They even had facial spritzer! What a great amenity. My only complaint on the rooms was that I did not have a bathtub, only a shower and the shower only had a rainhead. All the ladies will understand when I say it was difficult to take a shower and not get my hair wet with a rainhead shower. Not my favorite. However, the beds and pillows were incredibly comfortable and everything was very clean.
Not much to say about the property for now, other than it was a nice stay. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a Capitol view