“Hotel staff steals” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo

You added Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo to your Saves list
Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1413 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825-3203 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites At Cal Expo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Valley Springs ca
“Hotel staff steals”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

After checking out of the hotel a front desk clerk "Danielle" made an additional charge on my credit card for $300. I called the hotel and spoke to Danielle who lied and said she was the manager and said I had damaged the room somehow. She could not tell me what was "damaged" and I only slept in the room for a few hours on a long drive and left early to keep driving. After lying about being the GM of the hotel, refusing to refund me, or tell me what the charge was for, she then hangs up in me when I ask to speak to her supervisor. I had to call the corporate office to find out who the actual GM really was and to file a complaint. Rude/criminal staff and an old run down former best western hotel from the 70's era made this $400 hotel room a scam at best and thieves at worst, hide your financial information from these people or they might steal from you as we'll! You've been warned.

• Stayed August 2013
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m taking you claim of being over charged seriously. Rest assured that you were not charged for “no Reason” we only charge guest that have smoked in our nonsmoking rooms, or caused some sort of damage. Please contact the hotel to get the exact reason for the charge. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nevada, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

A friend of ours suggested this hotel and I am glad that we took her suggestion. My husband and I had booked a room for a week, so we did get a chance to learn a lot about this hotel. First of all, the suites are amazing. They have a small kitchen (no cooking facilities though) a living room and a separate entrance to the bedroom.
The pool isn't heated but all we wanted was the jacuzzi which was a +++

There is free breakfast everyday but we were tired of eating the same thing over and over again, so we decided to go to denny's which is a 5min walk, across the street from the hotel.

We checked out early in the morning as we had to catch a flight, the hotel also has a shuttle for $20 to the airport which is super reasonable and special thanks to Clyde (shuttle driver), Randy (Security) for making our stay so special and stress free :)

I recommend this place to everyone, who likes to have multiple food options on their hand as this hotel is surrounded with plenty of restaurants and also has a mall about a mile away.

Room Tip: Back building suites
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Randy and Clyde are both great assets to our company, and where privileged to have them. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The carpet was filthy, if you a walked barefoot your feet were black. The room smelled. the frig was dirty...there was someone elses hair on the bathroom floor....the whole place was old and outdated the air conditioner did not work and it was 90 degrees outside. The door did not shut properly and it had to be slammed and then would not open. spiders were everywhere

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have professionally cleaned all room carpets at the hotel.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My stay at this hotel was great. Looking at the pictures online, I wasn't sure but after talking to Angie on the phone and during my stay it exceed all my expectations.

The staff, were helpful, the location is central to the huge mall and sites.

The hotel is clean and would rate as a high 3 standards for the price point worth it.

Thanks again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated are staff and there service. Hope to see you again soon.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel. Let's establish that from the start. It's an aging property in a transitional part of town. However, unlike many similar hotels, it still manages to provide a good product.

The first thing that caught my eye about this hotel was the price. It was lower than anything else around, which intrigued me and put me on guard. Then, I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor and saw that there were a lot of good, recent ones. So, I decided to give it a try as it was inexpensive and close to where I was going for business.

The staff was friendly and courteous and seemed to like their jobs and care about their guests. That puts them ahead of a lot of places. My room was kind of small and a little dated, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast each morning contained eggs, sausage, hash browns, a waffle maker, and a variety of fruit, cereal, and breads. The free wifi worked most of the time and was not too slow like some hotels. There are apparently a variety of rooms from regular rooms like I stayed in, to suites with a kitchenette.

The biggest negative I saw was that it lacked an elevator. Parking was a little tight, and I wouldn't leave anything in your car as the area around the hotel appeared to be a little sketchy at night. There are lots of restaurants around; Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, and Pete's Coffee are right across the street. Plus, the mall is very close too. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown.

Again, it's not fancy, but I would stay here again. You definitely get your money's worth. It's obvious that the management cares about hiring people that care which says a lot given how often you don't see that. Give it a try if you're nearby!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and the value of our hotel. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to help boost that value for our guest such as you. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Salinas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on September 19th for a 1 night stay. We reserved 1 king bed with suite. When we checked into our Room 119, we discovered there was only 1/4 roll of toilet paper and no bar soap to wash hands or take a shower. When we used the bathroom toilet and flushed it, it made this awful loud noise like letting air out of a balloon. It lasted for 1 minute before it stopped. My husband called the front desk to report it. We were told housekeeping would bring bar of soap and toilet paper. Housekeeping and maintenance never showed several hours later. Husband went to front desk to complain again. Manager apologized for the inconvenience and gave us bar of soap and toilet paper. Other than the minor inconvenience, our room and overall stay was very satisfied. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose Room 119 when booking reservation for a king size bed with living room suite. Very quiet cor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for not exceeding you expectations during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to see you again soon

Been to Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo? Share your experiences!