“Customer service is still alive go Danielle” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo

You added Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo to your Saves list
Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1413 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825-3203 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites At Cal Expo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Customer service is still alive go Danielle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

All that could go wrong in my day did,I was forced to take my wife and kids to a room. After a long day of dealing with people and there bad attitude one person to the next as if they were all working in the same office and the goal of the day is to see how many people we can crap on an make miserable. Danielle at Quality inn (Sacramento) you are the best! Just being able to get a warm friendly smile and respect while spending my hard earned moneys man...good old fashion customer service makes a 3 star in your mind become a 5 star in your experience. Thanks a lot Danielle for reminding me that there are people who still take pride in there job, and care about how important the first impression really is and the BIG difference you can make on remembering the little things still count. Thanks from my family for the feeling of home when not at home!

Room Tip: Put me were you would want to be.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank for reviewing our hotel. Danielle is one of our newest staff members, but has been a great fit and we are lucky to have her. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible. Thank you for your comments and we all hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff was rude on arrival. The front desk clerk "Danielle" was extremely rude. We had to wait an hour to check in, which is understandable since we were early. But we were brushed off while others came around the same time and were given the time to have their reservation looked up. There was an incident with a departing guest who felt she was being overcharged and "Danielle" was extremely unprofessional and rude to the guest as well.
We stayed for one night and we were hoping to use the pool. When we arrived at the pool only one other guest was using it, which made sense because it was borderline green and murky. Also there is no elevator in a two story hotel?! We were lucky we were on the first floor. Even though the price was reasonable I would NOT recommend staying here even for one night!
Parking is very limited and it looked like it's shared with the strip mall next door. The room was clean with an outdated television. I tried to close the sliding closet door and it almost fell off the railing. Overall do not book a room here!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves on customer service, as mentioned in our other reviews. I will be reevaluating our training program to make sure there are not areas where missing. Thank you again for your review and we hope you might consider staying with us again.
Discovery Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stay at this hotel during business travel. Customer service is always impeccable. One of my favorite reps is Aashni. She is always pleasant and seems to know what I need before asking. Aashni should be commended for her attention to detail and excellent customer service! Also, if you experience any problems, the staff is always extremely accommodating. Because of their initiative to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or vacation travel..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. I have to agree with you Aashnie is great, and we are lucky to have her as part of our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Union City, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to my new job for training and I had two hotels to choose from and one I'm a long time member but I chose QI because it was literally walking distance & I had a personal recommendation. They didn't have the fax authorization from my travel website and Sushant was awesome and realizing that even though it wasn't his company's fault and he had room availability he offered me an upgrade knowing I will be coming back. So for that they get a 5 star, What brings it back to a 4 is some of the room is dated, it's clean, but they could use bigger towels and better soaps and shampoo. So if the service remains and cleanliness I'lll Be back many times otherwise I'll be going down the street.

Room Tip: Listen to Sushant he will stir you in the right direction.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of upgrading the rooms at the hotel. Sushant is a great, and we are really lucky to have him. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was so happy with my experience, I returned to the Howe Street Quality Inn twice after my initial stay. I will always stay there when I return to Sacramento.

While I absolutely recommend the Howe Street Quality Inn for its superior Customer Service, and quality of management, Aashni's professional follow up and responsiveness to my needs were the highlight of my last stay.

Lisa, The Manager, surprised me with her "go above and beyond the call of duty." She was subtle, but extended customer service that I didn't expect and would not have requested. That alone set this hotel apart.

The "Security/Do-It-All" person, Randy, added to my sense of safety and comfort. With the help of his wife, he seemed to care far more about guests' comfort and peace of mind than would be expected. Sincere. Hard working.

Like, Aashni's "go-the-extra-mile" professional customer service during the Day, Emily and Suchand were like personal hosts; not "employees" just putting in time for a paycheck.

I noticed each one of these three treat every single person with respect, keep cool under pressure and do more than asked to provide a "quality experience." I felt great being around them.

Only one issue came up, which could have become a challenge. Housekeeping, on occasion, did not tend to my room as I liked. Thanks to Aashni's astute perception, I did not need to put my energy into solving this. I am so thankful Aashni made this easy for me by being observant and taking initiative. She seems to have an intuition about unexpressed customer needs, at least she did with me.

What a terrific team! Thanks for surprising me with your excellence.

This hotel is my number #1 choice when I travel to Sacramento.

rkcontracts@gmail.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We try our best to set ourselves apart when it comes to customer service, and it’s great to hear that it’s working. We are grateful to have all our staff members work so hard to make sure all guest receive VIP service. It helps to motivate all of us when we receive such good feedback from our guest. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were checking inn at a really busy hour as the lobby was crowded with other guests, waiting to check inn. At first, we were worried that it would take a long time to check inn but Sushawn at the desk was really quick and within no time we were checked into our room. The rooms are really nice and the beds are really comfortable but TV was really old. However, I was told that the hotel is soon going to upgrade the TV sets.
Unfortunately we could not enjoy the pool as they shut it down at an early hour, before it gets dark.
We had no microwave in our room and my wife had to warm the milk for our baby, we called at the desk and the same boy was still working. He was very happy to help us and without any delay, he warmed it up in the hotel kitchen. He treated us like a guest at his own house and took really good care.
The boy can make you feel like a VIP.
The hot breakfast was nice but they should consider adding bacon.
But can't really complain as it was FREE!

I highly recommend this place due to its outstanding service and hopefully the hold TVs are gone when we return again .

• Stayed June 2013
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad your enjoyed your stay and that Sushant was such a great help to you. We are lucky to have him. I do have to agree the TV’s need to be upgraded, and they are in coming into the hotel in the near future. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

When this hotel was best western, it was easy to find the fitness center. Now they moved and there is no signage and it is hard to find. The treadmill was broken otherwise passable. Other main problem was the internet in the evening. The wifi was good on the lobby but the routers are not strong enough to reach the rooms. Breakfast area no longer has a public microwave. Tv works well but not flatscreen. Also PBS was not available on the tv. Otherwise, nice , clean , comfortable beds, quiet and good location.

Room Tip: First floor near main entrance
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We have to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. You did mention these items during your stay. We take all comments to heart and have made the necessary adjustments. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Been to Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo? Share your experiences!