“Excellent Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Discovery Bay, California
“Excellent Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stay at this hotel during business travel. Customer service is always impeccable. One of my favorite reps is Aashni. She is always pleasant and seems to know what I need before asking. Aashni should be commended for her attention to detail and excellent customer service! Also, if you experience any problems, the staff is always extremely accommodating. Because of their initiative to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or vacation travel..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. I have to agree with you Aashnie is great, and we are lucky to have her as part of our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Union City, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to my new job for training and I had two hotels to choose from and one I'm a long time member but I chose QI because it was literally walking distance & I had a personal recommendation. They didn't have the fax authorization from my travel website and Sushant was awesome and realizing that even though it wasn't his company's fault and he had room availability he offered me an upgrade knowing I will be coming back. So for that they get a 5 star, What brings it back to a 4 is some of the room is dated, it's clean, but they could use bigger towels and better soaps and shampoo. So if the service remains and cleanliness I'lll Be back many times otherwise I'll be going down the street.

Room Tip: Listen to Sushant he will stir you in the right direction.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of upgrading the rooms at the hotel. Sushant is a great, and we are really lucky to have him. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was so happy with my experience, I returned to the Howe Street Quality Inn twice after my initial stay. I will always stay there when I return to Sacramento.

While I absolutely recommend the Howe Street Quality Inn for its superior Customer Service, and quality of management, Aashni's professional follow up and responsiveness to my needs were the highlight of my last stay.

Lisa, The Manager, surprised me with her "go above and beyond the call of duty." She was subtle, but extended customer service that I didn't expect and would not have requested. That alone set this hotel apart.

The "Security/Do-It-All" person, Randy, added to my sense of safety and comfort. With the help of his wife, he seemed to care far more about guests' comfort and peace of mind than would be expected. Sincere. Hard working.

Like, Aashni's "go-the-extra-mile" professional customer service during the Day, Emily and Suchand were like personal hosts; not "employees" just putting in time for a paycheck.

I noticed each one of these three treat every single person with respect, keep cool under pressure and do more than asked to provide a "quality experience." I felt great being around them.

Only one issue came up, which could have become a challenge. Housekeeping, on occasion, did not tend to my room as I liked. Thanks to Aashni's astute perception, I did not need to put my energy into solving this. I am so thankful Aashni made this easy for me by being observant and taking initiative. She seems to have an intuition about unexpressed customer needs, at least she did with me.

What a terrific team! Thanks for surprising me with your excellence.

This hotel is my number #1 choice when I travel to Sacramento.

rkcontracts@gmail.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We try our best to set ourselves apart when it comes to customer service, and it’s great to hear that it’s working. We are grateful to have all our staff members work so hard to make sure all guest receive VIP service. It helps to motivate all of us when we receive such good feedback from our guest. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were checking inn at a really busy hour as the lobby was crowded with other guests, waiting to check inn. At first, we were worried that it would take a long time to check inn but Sushawn at the desk was really quick and within no time we were checked into our room. The rooms are really nice and the beds are really comfortable but TV was really old. However, I was told that the hotel is soon going to upgrade the TV sets.
Unfortunately we could not enjoy the pool as they shut it down at an early hour, before it gets dark.
We had no microwave in our room and my wife had to warm the milk for our baby, we called at the desk and the same boy was still working. He was very happy to help us and without any delay, he warmed it up in the hotel kitchen. He treated us like a guest at his own house and took really good care.
The boy can make you feel like a VIP.
The hot breakfast was nice but they should consider adding bacon.
But can't really complain as it was FREE!

I highly recommend this place due to its outstanding service and hopefully the hold TVs are gone when we return again .

• Stayed June 2013
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad your enjoyed your stay and that Sushant was such a great help to you. We are lucky to have him. I do have to agree the TV’s need to be upgraded, and they are in coming into the hotel in the near future. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

When this hotel was best western, it was easy to find the fitness center. Now they moved and there is no signage and it is hard to find. The treadmill was broken otherwise passable. Other main problem was the internet in the evening. The wifi was good on the lobby but the routers are not strong enough to reach the rooms. Breakfast area no longer has a public microwave. Tv works well but not flatscreen. Also PBS was not available on the tv. Otherwise, nice , clean , comfortable beds, quiet and good location.

Room Tip: First floor near main entrance
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We have to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. You did mention these items during your stay. We take all comments to heart and have made the necessary adjustments. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We used to stay here prior to medical procedures, when it was a BEst Western. Changing ownership has not decreased the service at all.
Emily, on the desk when we arrived was efficient, helpful ,polite and just plain fun! We had a small issue with a very loud TV next door, and one phone call to her at the desk, and we heard an almost immediate tap on the door next door and the TV went off. BAck to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Emily is our newest staff member, and we are privileged to have her. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service, and take pride in taking care of our guest concerns as soon as they are brought to our attention, as you noted. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Suisun City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel is very clean and well appointed. The rooms are nice and the beds comfortable. The complementary breakfast was really nice, they had make your own Belgian waffles, butter and syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, milk, juices, coffee, tea, several kinds of cereal, muffins, bread for toast and fresh fruit. the only reason I gave it 4 our of 5 was our room didn't get made up the second day and we had to call for clean towels. It looks like the housekeeper started to do up the room but was called away because one of the beds was made but the other just had sheets and the top one wasn't even tucked in. That was an easy fix but the room should have been inspected. Another nice point, we were given a 2:00 check out time which was nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your request for a late check out. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!