“Go across the street for the money” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 Jibboom Street, Sacramento, CA 95811   |
Ranked #42 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
FORT WAYNE
“Go across the street for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

If you like throwing money away, stay here; front desk was a joke, started a remodeling project at 7am that consisted of throwing mattresses from the top floor to the ground, which happened to be right next to my room; wifi was inconsistent; other employees not friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was wonderful, and the location and price were just right. The van service from and to the airport was prompt and courteous and the breakfast was very nice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

I love staying at this hotel. I always stay here when travelling with my dogs. It has a nice swimming pool, a tiny jacuzzi, and a fitness room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I have never reviewed a hotel before, I suppose I should just to mention all the lovely stays I have had at other properties such as the Residence Inn and Springhill Suites in Sacramento (Natomas area). We had to bring our dog on this trip so we were limited because not all places allow dogs and some that do charge very high fees. La Quinta allows them but I would rather camp in a tent than stay there. I reserved two rooms a suite and a regular room, both non-smoking. Both rooms were obvously smoking rooms as they stank horribly. We called the desk and they said that they had recently converted the rooms from smoking to non-smoking and then hung up on me. It was late and my kids were tired so I didn't have the time to argue or try to find something else. The furnishings were disgusting, old, torn, and stank of smoke. My husband later found a half burnt cigarette in the cabinets. Our room faced the pool and the hot-tub as many do and there were loud kids in the pool until 12:30 am even though it was posted that it closed at 10 pm. It was so loud in our room from the pool that my kids couldn't sleep even though they were tired. Later, after midnight, there was a guy in a security outfit on his cell phone right outside our room cursing about some bad drug deal and how he was going to kill someone. He stood there on his cell phone directly outside our room after midnight for over 30 minutes. My husband was scared to say anything. It was the worst hotel stay I have had in a very long time. It did not feel safe and the rooms are dated and worn. The staff was nice enough, not their fault, but our complaints were never forwarded on to a manager.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Convenient to airport. Super friendly staff. Kita, behind the desk, went out of her way to make us comfortable. Francisco shuttled us back and forth to Old Sacramento and downtown for dinner and back in the free shuttle. Great place for a great price!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
cali
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

It was emergency stay after a late night. Drove by, saw banner "69$". Multi-building facility. Starving, we asked desk if there was all night eatery close by. She told us there was not but offered their vending machines. We went to eat downtown(Mel's Diner nice staffer recommended 24hr place).
Returned to "non-smoking" room, Bldg C. Room smelled a little smokey but it was about 3:30 a.m., bed passed inspection, and needed sleep. No frills; no fridge, no micro, 2in1 shampoo/cond, 1 soap. Coffeemaker. Use bottled water, tap is bad. HBO, etc.

Breakfast: cereal, bagels, cream cheese, muffins, fruit, coffee, juices, milk, hard-boiled eggs, pour-your-own-waffles. If you're a minute after closing you'll miss it and they won't go out of their way.

+ Nice, cheerful, helpful housekeeper (again, thank you).

Cleanliness - Dated, age stains, but dusted(inc back of nightstand) and vacuumed
Location - NW edge, just before river, not far from downtown
Room - 239. Thin mattresses, clean bedding. Quiet even though place was packed.
Service - Desk wouldn't recommend late night eatery. Toothbrush but no toothpaste
Value - good enough price for a few hours of sleep
NOTE: Overall rating is Poor because the room, though clean, was dated; rug was vacuumed but had gumlike/age stains, age stains around place/walls/bathroom. If it's renovated, painted, cleaned, would stay again and probably recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

This was my first time in Sacramento La Quinta I checked in about midnight and the night auditor “shal” was very nice and he walked me to my room since my room was in building “D” which was located in the very back of the hotel. The room wasn’t big nor small was it okay for the price that I paid. I am looking forward to staying with La Quinta downtown again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown? Share your experiences!