“Restless Night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
A TripAdvisor Member
“Restless Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Customer satisfaction is a thing of the past. But not a La Quinta positive or negative please take this as an opportunity to strengthen relationship with me you customer you did not exceed my expectation because I know what to expect . When I check into La Quinta My Complaint the coffee pot did not work, the light coming into the room did not work, the sink was slow to drain and last but not less the was what apper to be black mold on the bathroom wall?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

On a road trip, sometimes, all I need is a safe place to sleep. La Quinta provided it. THE LA QUINTA AIRPORT SHUTTLE STOPS RUNNING AT 10:30 PM; they are not flexible in this cut-off time. If you're stuck at the airport, use a "Super Shuttle" as opposed to a taxi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Delta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I cannot believe this hotel is ranked 36 of 86?
I would hate to see the hotels ranked below this one!
Old, run down, dirty and horrible environment.
Homeless people all around the hotel and mulling around the parking lot.
Twin beds (not queens) and OLD well used mattresses.
Stains on carpet.
Gross looking bathrooms.
Small, musty, smokey smelling rooms.
On the up side, the front counter staff was fantastic as she helped us get our money back and had us moved 20 minutes down the road to The La Quinta in Davis. (Which was fantastic by the way)
If your thinking about staying here, please don't!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Escondido, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I thought that for the price, I would be able to enjoy a quiet night before returning to San Diego from Medford OR. First of all, the pictures on the website are deceiving and the doors are on the outside which normally is a red flag for me especially when I am travelling with my children. The door did not seem to close all the way as there was a big gap between the door jam. I double bolted everything and then placed all of my luggage up against the door to help my daughter feel safe. In the middle of the night, my daughter and I were awoken to loud arguing and screaming outside the hotel. I had no idea what time it was because there was no clock in the room. After calming her down we managed to get back to sleep. The second issue was that one of the outlets in the room did not work, which I was unaware of.. since it did not work, it drained my cell which now meant I had no alarm for my 5am wake up. Thankfully I woke up on my own and was able to see on my daughter's phone that it was time to wake up. The GM at the hotel was impossible to deal with and would not comp my room. "It is out of the hotel's control that there was arguing and screaming going on outside with the police activity." Good thing there were no gun shots...my daughter was that scared. I was finally offered "a nice discount" if I wanted to stay at the hotel again" I will pass. It is not worth it. Lesson learned...when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. La Quinta has lost me as a customer forever, and I will make sure all of my friends in my social media network also hear about the horrific experience that I had a the La Quinta - Sacramento

Room Tip: Do not waste your time on this hotel. Spend a little more for a hotel that gives you a much more se...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here as an overnight on a road trip from San Diego to Seattle. The inn itself was okay (although the lack of wi-fi was annoying). We chose this property because we were traveling with two cats, and La Quinta is very pet-friendly as a chain. However, the surrounding area is pretty sketchy; we weren't comfortable leaving any belongings in the car overnight.

Our room was clean, and the bed was decently comfortable.

The room was only $70-ish per night, and this was a case of getting what you paid for. If we make this road trip again, we'd spring for a hotel in a nicer area.

Room Tip: The elevator is the only way to get up to the upper floors. Ask for a room near it and try to park n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked this one online and stayed 9 August 2013 in room 201.
Initially we were given 356 but could not connect to wifi. Could walk out of room around to next block and laptop would switch over to another router and work fine but neither wifes laptop or mine could connect in 356. We were referred to IT help phone number who attempted to fix but we got fed up and LQ offered us another room which we accepted. No problems from then on.
Great night's sleep, quiet, comfortable bed, clean room, plenty of hot water etc.
Breakfast was usual LQ standard - first class.
This was a excellent value accommodation and had not there been an initial wifi issue I would rate the propery Excellent.
We had an issue but full credit to staff for the manner in which they handled the problem.
Going to Sacramento then you can do a lot worse than this place - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: Not a big deal but possibly try to get a room on the side away from the main road as there is a bit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown? Share your experiences!