“Did not feel safe traveling alone” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 Jibboom Street, Sacramento, CA 95811   |
Ranked #38 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Huntington Beach, California
“Did not feel safe traveling alone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed here a few times thinking each time it might get better. I would venture to say that I would not stay again. The things I liked was the airport shuttle, although the driver drove way too fast, and the helpfulness of the staff. What I did not like was the carb filled breakfast and the location of the hotel. I saw many transients loitering around and on the property and visiting nearby rooms. This made me feel very unsafe as a lone female traveling on business. I only saw two employees working at night which was not good considering the size of the property, and I saw no security in the parking lot areas. I did not like the fitness room, only a bike and elliptical, no treadmill or free weights. They also did not have water or towels in the fitness room. There was not any restaurants within walking distance, only a Mc Donalds. The walkway in back of the property along the river is a nice walk to the downtown area ( 1 mile approx), but I would not do it alone or during the dark due to the large number of transients in the area. If your here for a quick one nighter it is doable but I would not stay longer than that. There are better properties for better value for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Choose room close to lobby, safer and not as secluded. Stay away from the pool area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Port Washington, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Its more of a motel setting and rooms were not clean. Had hair in sink and toilet. Place is a dump!!!! I have stayed at la quinta all over the country and this is not a nice place. Staff was rude when I explained the room was nit clean. Offered me another room and that turned out to be worse. Skip this location!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Terrebonne, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stopped here on overnight stay on my way to Beijing, China and this hotel had the best airport shuttle service to and from the airport. It starts at 4:30 in the morning and runs until late at night. The shuttle is free both ways and the drivers very helpful. I was very surprised to see the complimentary breakfast ready for early morning travellers at 4:30 in the morning. The price was the best in the area and lots of restaurants in the area within walking distance. The room was clean and smelled just fine as well as water pressure. The bed was very soft and you just sink into it and that made for a great nights sleep. I would say stay here but, if you are at the hotel to pick it apart as I see in most of these reviews.Then you are a true flower and should spend more money that will fit your lifestyle.

Room Tip: If you do not like your room ask the front desk and they will help you to a different room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fresno , CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good value for the location, so close to old downtown Sacramento. Book online for special discount codes. Fast check-in, and usually can handle special building requests. I like Bld A or B close to parking, away from pool.
The beds were nice. New LCD TVs since my last stay. The wall mounted AC control is disabled, it is back on the unit itself, worked as it should. Another good stay

Room Tip: Search online for discount codes, OfficeDepot 10% , last min destination, weekend impluse, ect.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here in Sacramento. The hotel was clean and visible. Right off the freeway. The staff was quick and friendly. The rooms were very clean and modernized. They even had breakfast in the morning. I liked the waffle makers. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again if we are in Sacramento. The price was cheaper than I thought it would be for the quality of this hotel. Thank you

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Oldsmar, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

You get what u pay for. For 65 it did the job. Cold air, average bed and clean room. Not La Quintas better property.my room was located directly in front of the stairs and you could here everyone going up and down. Not the best room location.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I over all had a GREAT stay. My Room was very welcoming. The beds were perfect not to hard and not to soft I felt very well rested for my trip home. The location was great! My family was able to easily go and check out the shops at the mall downtown and even go to old Sac.
I would say that the only problem I had was with one of the front office workers whom seemed to not have good skills. However I am sure that it will be addressed and the next time will be all great.
I would totally recommend this hotel and look forward to returning soon.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown? Share your experiences!