“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
California
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was kind of worried about booking this hotel. With the mixed reviews and the low nightly rate I was expecting the worst. What a nice surprise it was! I couldn't believe my eyes when we drove up to the hotel. Green grass, nice buildings. Well, a couple of men were outside but not like a congregation of homeless people as I expected. The hotel was pretty fenced in so we never felt unsafe. Our room was on the third floor and the elevator worked just fine. Room was clean and comfortable even though it was a bit small for the three of us. Breakfast was decent with the basics plus make-your-own waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and fresh fruit. I have to say that it was better than most free continental breakfast offer at other hotels. I really couldn't find anything wrong with this hotel for that low rate of $59 a night. When we came back from dinner, the guests in the next room just checked in and couldn't get their door to open. My husband finally got it opened while I was calling the front desk. I would be upset if that happens to me. Would love to come back if we ever pass through Sacramento again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philomath, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I did my research before staying here and most said it was good. Thought I'd take my chances as we were just passing through. Unfortunately, it was a terrible experience. When we got there, the room stunk so bad as if someone had been smoking marijuana in it and we couldn't get the internet signal to come in. I tried to call down to the front desk and the phone didn't work. I walked down and the person at the front desk was so rude. Essentially telling me too bad on the internet and room smell. Next morning, I took a shower and the tub would not drain, it got past my ankles...GROSS. You mean to tell me the people cleaning the tub couldn't figure out that the tub didn't drain? Then the hair dryer didn't work. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to have someone come fix the tub so the 3 others could shower. When I checked out I explained everything that was wrong and alls the lady could say was, Oh, sorry, thanks for letting us know. WHAT???? I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYING HERE!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here as a Park-Sleep-Fly person. I left my car for 9 days while I was in Hawaii with my grandson (9).

Most everything about the hotel was quite nice. The rooms were comfortable, flat-screen tv worked well, the pool looked inviting, the area was fine and green, the staff was quite pleasant, and the breakfast was great. Also, there is an elevator to the third floor, which was very welcome!

The shuttle stops at 10:30 p.m., which either was not in the advertisement or I missed it, but I ended up paying $28 (with tip) for the airport shuttle. This just added to my cost, and I was disappointed. I usually fly out of SFO and the hotel I use has a 24/7 shuttle, so I guess I'm spoiled.

It's probably my fault for not looking more carefully at the advertisement on Park-Sleep-Fly.

I did leave my pajamas behind the bathroom door, and the staff was kind enough to have them in a bag waiting for me when I returned for my car.

Overall, it's a very nice place to stay. I will not stay again, however, because of the shuttle. I need a 24/7.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway for quiet.
quincy, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The service was great, it is quiet, a good location. The rooms are nice, small, but were very clean.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My daughter, grandson and granddaughter stayed for two nights. We'd stayed here 2 weeks ago, so decided to return. We enjoyed the pool (it was 104 degrees outside!) and the complimentary breakfast. The room was very comfortable wtih the AC working beautifully; keeping us cool and happy. The gym was right off the breakfast room, and we used it after breakfast. The equipment is appropriate for young people and senior citizens as well. Everything outside and inside was clean and well maintained. We will be staying here again in August.

Room Tip: If you are planning to use the pool, there are numerous rooms on either side of it.
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It was just for one night cause we was flying out of Sacramento airport and we had the shuttle drop us off.Your shuttle driver was nice I forgot his name but he got us there.If your looking for a place to stay I would pick this hotel it made me feel like i was at home.Want to thank the staff you were great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown? Share your experiences!