“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Azusa, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Location was great, staff was very friendly. Parking was better then what I thought it would be and room was clean. Had problem with drain in shower and they fixed problem immediately. Would definately stay again.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had a nice stay but do not like the idea that hotel charges $25.00 incidental charge to credit card that they say they credit back to your card in 5 to 7 business days I stay at different hotels and do not get this charge I am a platinum member and do not believe I would be there if I had problems with hotels

1 Thank Jon W
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The staff were friendly and accommodating. Service by staff was outstanding. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Too cold to swim, but the pool is inviting. Conveniently located near one of the rail. Lots of great places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Marin County, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Sutter House when our daughter had a dance competition at the convention center. It was conveniently located, walking distance. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The morning buffet breakfast was good and more than adequate for my picky children. Rooms were small but nicely decorated. We all thought the beds were quite comfortable. And the price fit in our budget.

Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

It is pleasnat to stay in and around mid-town. Everything is walkable, and it is relatively quiet on the weekends...pool is not heated! The rooms overlooking the pool are the most quiet. The H street train runs next to the hotel, which is really an upgraded motel. Parking is free

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Santa Cruz, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. I had not stayed at a Best Western Plus and this hotel was in top shape. Everything from the decor to the hotel staff. Free wifi in room. The breakfast was much like any other breakfasts.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I just returned from a 2 night stay at The Sutter House. I don't normally stay at Best Western Properties but my Mom does and we were using her rewards number so we decided to give it a try. They were very helpful on the phone in making reservations which is always a good sign. The hotel is definitely in a great location and the fact that they offer free wi-fi, free breakfast, and free parking is HUGE especially in downtown Sacramento where other places charge a fortune to park. We were greeting by the nicest lady at the front desk. In fact all staff members were great to work with. Our room was nice and overlooked the pool. I too wish they had a hot tub especially after a long day. The beds and pillows were so comfortable! And the shower head was also really nice.

Best Western prides themselve on being "Green" and I appreciate that so much. However the cleaning agents they used really made our evenings tough. I immediately smelled the scent when we walked into our room and I was worried it would give us troubles. I talked to the front desk and they assured me all cleaning agents are "green" and up to the best standards, so I thought that it was just my sensitive nose and that eventually I would get used to it.... Well I did get used to it but my Mom, who was also staying in the room had a really hard time. She is also very sensitive to smells and has reactions to these types of scents... She coughed all night long and would only feel better when she left the room. We really enjoyed our stay but because of the cleaning product smell we'll have to pass on staying there again as it was just too hard on my Mom.