“Best Western Sutter” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Santa Barbara, California
“Best Western Sutter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travel at least 10 times a year to Sacramento (Business) and stay at the Best Western Sutter.
I have found the staff to be very friendly and funny, always with a smile. The rooms are comfortable and clean, if there ever is an issue(rarely), the response from staff is very prompt. There is free wi-fi (which when I have stayed at another up-scale hotel in Sacramento, I was charged $10), free parking, and complimentary continental breakfast. The pool is centrally located, though there is no jacuzzi. My first recommendation to my co-workers is the Best Western Sutter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nanoose Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Arriving in Sacramento from the north , we found taking the J Ave exit to the House extremely smooth and easy.
Plenty of covered parking available at the Sutter House. Great front desk staff member "Vicki" welcomed us to the house. Gave us all the informayion we would require to visit the city as well as the OLD CITY area. We were given a very quiet, well maintained and comfordable room. We will definitely go back again if we are in the Sacramento area.

Room Tip: We had the opportunity to ask for and received a quiet room with a south facing window. For the trav...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Redding
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The Sutter House was a great place to stay for the price. Also was a great centralized location to downtown during my business stay. Room amenities and breakfast was also great. In addition parking was free. I would definitely stay again when in town for business.

• Stayed January 2013
Salinas, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

You were very curtious in serving us on arrival. Our stay of two days was delightful. Thank you for everything and attending to our needs. We hope to return again soon.

We were not able to take advantage of your complimentary breakfast, but did visit the breakfast area briefly and were most impressed with the variety of selections.

Our room was very spacious and neatly kept.

We occupied Room 222 and had a minor bit of trouble with the drain in the sink not draining sufficiently well. Other than that, everything worked well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

When I arrived the man behind the desk was very friendly and helpful. He gave me an inside room away from the noise of the light rail. The room was big and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. BUT, there was a mildew smell coming from the bathroom. I asked for another room, which he gave me. Same thing. My friend and I are both allergic to mold. We closed the bathroom door and all was fine. If the hotel could wash all the shower curtains in bleach, I would give this hotel a 5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

doris1974, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreicate your feedback and want you to know that I have addressed your concerns in regards to the shower curtains with my housekeeping department. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Sacramento, that you will stay with us.

Happy Holidays!
Doris Gray

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House? Share your experiences!