“Best western near to Sacramento Convention center” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1100 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

When I arrived the man behind the desk was very friendly and helpful. He gave me an inside room away from the noise of the light rail. The room was big and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. BUT, there was a mildew smell coming from the bathroom. I asked for another room, which he gave me. Same thing. My friend and I are both allergic to mold. We closed the bathroom door and all was fine. If the hotel could wash all the shower curtains in bleach, I would give this hotel a 5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

doris1974, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreicate your feedback and want you to know that I have addressed your concerns in regards to the shower curtains with my housekeeping department. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Sacramento, that you will stay with us.

Happy Holidays!
Doris Gray
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel and will return again. Room was very comfortable and clean and the staff was awesome. I highly recommend this hotel for it's vallue and location when visiting Sacramento.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Eureka, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I loved that hotel! The location is great, the stuff was great, breakfast was good. Unfortunately it was too cold outside to enjoy the pool as it was solar heated. Will definitely stay there next time I am in Sacramento

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I absolutely loved staying here. What a gem in the heart of Sacramento! Walking distance to shops and the mall and the movie theater. Beautiful rooms and lobby--somehow very "California" to me. Friendly people without exception. Free breakfast. Free parking. Peaceful vibe.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is on the first floor (as opposed to the lobby floor) so rooms near it might have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here on a fluke. When we were leaving I-5 to find a hotel for the night, I made a wrong turn, and wound up downtown. We spotted this hotel and figured "why not"?

This place is the best, simply put. The staff was friendly and helpful with no exceptions. The lady at the front desk asked if we had AAA or Costco. When I asked why Costco, she told me that BW does, at some properties, give a Costco discount(!)...Costco never mentioned that!! The Costco discount knocked $10 more off the price than the AAA would.The room wa clean, the place was stunningly quiet, especially for being downtown, Bed was great. You name it, we got no complaints about it.

Next time we're in town, we're staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House? Share your experiences!