“Location on American River Bike Trail, Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Henderson, Colorado
“Location on American River Bike Trail, Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms at the Sandman are spacious, have nice furniture, a fridge & microwave, and a good quality television. There is some room for truck parking, even one spot for a tractor/trailer. My wife and I like that the hotel is right on the American River Bike Trail. The walk to Old Town Sacramento is only a little over a half-mile via the trail. Discovery Park is just north of the hotel via the same trail.

The complimentary breakfast is decent, and the attendant who takes care of the breakfast is always a nice treat to see. She is always friendly and has a smile for everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Anaheim, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a business trip and my wife came along since it was Valentines week and we spent 3 nights, she really enjoyed the stayed the Hotel was very clean, customer service excellent, she had time to relax and enjoy some alone time.
This hotel has very close freeway access and close to shopping centers.
We loved the access to the Sacramento River we took a stroll on the path, it was very nice since you are able to go jogging, cycling or just enjoy the view. I would very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Seattle, Washington, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was just a place for me to stop for the night as I drove north to Oregon. Room was clean. They had oj, coffee, waffles, pastries and yogurt in the breakfast room. The room itself had an empty fridge and microwave. Wifi was great. Saw a few truckers stay here. Easy to get on and off the freeway. There's a gas station just down the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Petaluma, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked a one night stay at the Best Western Sandman Motel to take my son to a show at the Arco Area. The Arco Area is less than a 10 minute drive, so this motel is the perfect place to stay. We also discovered that the Sacramento Zoo is about 15 minutes away so we also made a trip there the next day. The lobby had a flyer that we used to receive a 50% off discount to the zoo. The rate for our stay was great, the room was clean, and the breakfast was great. Our room had a queen bed and a pull out couch. I ended up falling asleep on the couch as it was and slept there comfortably all night. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack my kindle fire when we left. Since I had fallen asleep on the couch I had placed it on the floor underneath the coffee table and didn't see it when we left. I called the front desk shortly after returning home and noticing that I didn't have it. I was instructed to call first thing in the morning to talk to housekeeping. After talking to the housekeeping manager the next morning my kindle was found and I was able to retrieve it later that day. We will definitely be staying at this location on our next stay in Sacramento

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Sandman Motel? Share your experiences!