This Inn is located in a grand old house that once belonged to an Asian magnet of some sort (Mr. Fong). The owners have tried to carry the Asian theme into the new decor. It's a bit of a strange cluster of new-age, Italianate fresco, Chinese kitch, and Japanese lacquer. But it sort of works. The space is comfortable and the building is sturdy. No creaking floors or cheesy construction. The beds were excellent. Slept better here than anywhere in months. Internet was fast and easy. My major complaint is that the hotel looks like it needs a bit of spruce up. The floors are scratched and worn; walls are dirty and badly painted (previous colors show through thin spots), some of the furniture and fixtures are a bit wonky. For example, the desk I sat at would wobble a could 2 inches either way. I was adjusting the venetian blinds and the stick fell out in my hand. The remote for the ceiling fan is nearly broken from overuse. Carpets in the bedroom were pretty dirty. Bathrooms feel quite outdated, with worn china fixtures and soap dispensers with nasty stuff accumulating in the bottom. There seems to be a rather large staff here, all friendly enough -- It's as if the owners are letting the staff run things, but are not really doing quality control or paying attention to wear and tear. One last comment on the breakfast: It was nice-ish. A cooked B&B breakfast with effort. Fruit plate was just mediocre. But you might consider self-catering, because about 2-miles away at the corner of S Street and Alhambra Boulevard is the most magnificent organic co-op I've ever found (and I've been to many, including the legendary Hawthorne Valley market). If only the Inn would buy their fruit there -- then I could forgive them all the rest of their sins.
I'm not sure if I would stay again. It would depend on rates and whether I had money to try something else. And the friendly staff does leave you feeling very positive about the place.
p.s., there is a public pool across the street, if you are into swimming. I didn't try it, but nice to know about.
- Also Known As:
- Inn And Spa At Parkside Hotel
- Inn And Spa At Parkside Hotel Sacramento
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Parkside bed and breakfast is an urban oasis of relaxation and renewal. Ideally located for business and pleasure, this chic and elegant bed and breakfast mansion. From the moment you enter the inn, the urban world of chaos is left behind. Calmness permeates you, enhanced by the seamless blend of Eastern and Western instrumentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Inn and Spa at Parkside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.