“Service was top notch made us feel like royalty.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn

You added Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1315 22nd Street, between Capitol Ave. & N St, Sacramento, CA 95816   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Sacramento B&B and Inns
“Service was top notch made us feel like royalty.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to take my wife for a nice get away for the weekend. Was looking in napa area for spa/b&b they where way over priced. Seen a review of amber house and booked online at 11ocolck at night for the next day. Received a call the next morning form one of the lovely owners confirming my reservations. She set up everything perfectly. She told me of a great place to get lunch before checking in. We had lunch went to check in. We where seated in the main house offered drinks and where greeted by one of there staff. Spoke with her and she showed us to our room. There she had prepared doz long stem roses in a romantic set room very clean with the Victorian feel of mid town sac. About an hr after arriving there was a knock on our door. Two massage therapist greeted us set up beds turned on relaxing music and gave us wonderful massages. It was a guy and girl they where both very professional and polite. After that we headed down to a very nice restaurant recommendations of the owner. Had a great dinner tried new foods had champagne all within walking distance. When we arrived back to our room they had layed out rose peddles in a Hart shape on the bed and along the floor to the jacuzzi tube with candles lit around it. They had chocolate covered strawberries with a bottle of champagne and apple cider on ice set up as well. The next morning we where served a breakfast very fresh very good out on the patio area. My wife was very pleased with evrything she still thanks me today about it and its 3 weeks later. I was happy because it was all so easy they took care of everything and had a real attention to detail. Id give this place 6 stars if I could and we've stayed at some very nice places.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lodi, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The room we wanted was booked so i called and they recommended a similar room which we loved! Amber house cares for every detail and the breakfast out on our private porch was a perfect!! Thank you and we will be back~!!

Room Tip: there are two rooms with private porches...worth the upgrade!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The Amber House makes you feel at home right from the start. The staff is excellent and you will love the breakfast! Another plus is the location – quiet enough but also very close to great restaurants and stores.

• Stayed August 2013
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We lucked out on a recent spur of the moment overnight in Sacramento when we found a room at Amber House. This gem of a B and B offers everything you want, and more. It's charming, beautiful, well-situated, and welcoming. We loved the porch for a glass of wine after dinner, and for a delicious breakfast in the morning. The bed in our room (Wordsworth) was superf comfy, as were the robes and other deluxe amenities. The owner and her staff take great care of their guests, and we left knowing that we'll be back, hopefully soon. Oh, and we also enjoyed "Second Saturday," a monthly art event only a few blocks from Amber House.

Room Tip: All rooms look great, but Wordsworth has a king sized bed.
Winters CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We got the chance to stay last nite at the Amber House after attending a neighborhood event. I highly recommend this place as a romantic getaway. Has all the amenities, wonderful breakfast, and friendly guests! Within walking distance of lots of clubs and restaraunts in midtown.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loved staying at the Amber House again - have stayed with them several times. Great staff, great location, great service! Love the cookies!!! Much better then a regular hotel! Breakfast is always wonderful - fresh and healthy. Enjoy a glass of wine on the porch or reading room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Amber House Inn is my new favorite place to stay in Sacramento. First, the charm: graciously decorated (and grandma's-white glove-immaculately-clean) rooms are named for poets: Emily Dickinson, Longfellow, Wordsworth. Several of the bathrooms have vintage soaking tubs as well as showers. The porch, morning room, and other common areas are elegant, intimate spaces--you can find a quiet place to work on your laptop or chat with new acquaintances. The staff is friendly and attentive to making your stay a memorable experience--they even leave chocolate chip cookies in your room while you are out at dinner. The delightful breakfast (seasonal fruit salad, omelette with cheese, spinach and herbs from the garden, etc.) is served when and where you'd like it, with fresh flowers poking out of the napkin ring.
Now, the convenience: the inn will arrange for a driver to take you to and from the airport; the charge (rather less than a taxi for the same distance!) is simply added to the bill. Amber House is also situated close to numerous restaurants of all kinds and levels of fanciness, from brewpubs to bistros. Wifi is free and available throughout the house (including the porch).
My favorite feature, however, is both charming and convenient: a "tea tray" at your door when you awaken. Usually, my first question whenever I check into a hotel is, "Where can I find coffee and how early can I get it?" At Amber House, I peeped outside my door at around 6:30 and found a generous carafe of coffee alongside my name written on a porcelain place card. I was able to sip my coffee and do a little yoga before my chosen breakfast time a couple of hours later.
My trip was for business, but I would recommend Amber House equally for a romantic getaway. You will not be disappointed. I almost hesitate to share this review on top of so many other glowing recommendations, for fear I'll never be able to get a room again!

Room Tip: Do look at the photos on the website, as each room is unique.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!