“Restful stayover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #44 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Kihei, Hawaii, United States
“Restful stayover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I got in at midnite with a 12 hour layover 'til my next flight. It was very comforting to have the shuttle pick me up and take me to the hotel for the much needed rest. I requested a wake up call and got a friendly voice call as requested. Front desk and restaurant staff were all very friendly.
The next day I need to get back to the airport and I got that shuttle service back. It was obvious that they were on skeleton crew, since a maintenance staff drove the shuttle to get me to the airport. He was very friendly and real personable person. Unfortunately I did not get any of their names. Job well done. AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Great stopover stay and its next to a shopping mall
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights recently and was a bit disappointed. The rooms are huge, so certainly no complaints there. The location is okay, but I am not sure how this qualifies as an airport hotel. It certainly isn't right at the airport.
The internet is free, which is appreciated, but it is so slow it is useless. The auto setting on the heating system in the room didn't work, so the room was either too hot or to cold the entire stay. The pool was freezing! Not sure if heating was broken or if they just didn't bother to turn on. Gym is small and not very impressive. Rooms are overpriced for offering. The hot water in the room is not hot enough so the bath gets cold in 5 minutes even when filled with the hottest water available.
The thing that upset me the most occurred after checkout. My mother left her pillow in the room as she always travels with her own pillow. We called a while after checkout to see if it had been found. I was asked quite a lot of questions to both verify my identity as well as help identify the pillow for them. There are 8 pillows in the room. If there are 9, obviously one is ours. I was told that the front desk would check with housekeeping and call me back with an answer. After not hearing anything for quite some time, I called again. I was told that nothing was found in the room and again asked 19 questions about the size, color, and type of pillow. I explained that we didn't have the pillow, so it must have been in the room. A short time later, I was called and told that both the pillow and my mother's book had both been found in the room. A miracle!
What bothered me the most was that after we were told the pillow wasn't in the room, after driving back to the hotel to pick it up, they made me go back out to my car to get ID to pick up a left pillow and book. I had just had surgery which is why I was staying in the hotel. Walking out to the car and back was not something that came easily. We weren't picking up a wedding ring, a pair of earrings, a wallet, or anything else of any particular value. I understand not wanting to give something to the wrong person, but common sense needs to be applied. Who else would know that a pillow and book were there? I told them I would be there 20 min after we spoke on the phone. I verified the checkin and checkout date. As a Starwood gold member, I didn't expect this type of treatment picking up our property which we never would have gotten if we hadn't been persistent following up! The front desk staff needs to use a little better judgment with their guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay as it helps us improve our hotel and guest experience. We apologize for the inconvenience we caused you with getting your mother’s pillow and book back. As guests’ personal items are left behind frequently, we want to make absolute sure we do not give away someone’s belongings to the wrong guest. You are correct, though, we should have adjusted in this situation. Thanks again for providing feedback; we appreciate it.
Cameron, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I made advance reservations by phone and gave them a credit card number. I was supposed to get a discount for my two night stay during the first week of Nov. 2013. It had to do with a discount they gave based on your year of birth. The older you were the bigger the discount. In my case that amounted to about $71.00.
When I checked out I left my door key passes with the registration desk and left. I didn't go over my bill with a clerk as none were at the registration desk when I left. When the bill came thru on the credit card the discount given wasn't reflected in the total amount. Four subsequent calls about the bill to the hotel and their registration service were not returned even though they promised to do so within 24 to 48 hours. I nevertheless went ahead and paid my credit card bill rather than let the due date lapse in order to avoid a late charge. I should have first refused to pay their part of the bill until discussing it with the hotel itself. The $71.00 is not going to break me but the price I paid was not what was agreed to. That is the issue. Additionally we were told there was a "complementary continental breakfast." Not so. You paid for the breakfast. It was good but not as promoted. They cheated me and would not call me back to talk about it. The hotel is nice but the management was less than honest in my case. I was cheated and will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Check your bill before you leave.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you with your bill. The General Manager of the hotel will be reaching out to you directly.
Bull Shoals, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times now and cant remember anything to complain about.
Its clean, comfortable and the staff are great. There is a decent selection of food and they have a well run bar, open till 11.00pm. Shout out to Maria on the bar who has a great attitude, but so has Disha who is learning the ropes. If you need a hotel by the airport with a free shuttle, it’s a “No brainer”

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport again for your travel to Sacramento. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Cheers!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

It was a multiday business stay and luckily I had access to a rental car.
The room on the fourth floor was very clean - furniture a bit beaten up I found, but the space of the desk was great for work and the wireless inet connection worked flawlessly ...
Breakfast buffet was standard with selections as in any business traveler chain hotel ...
If you need something, the city is not far, but too far without your own transportation. Restauants are also miles away, unless the sub-chain fast food in the neighborhood delights you ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that our hotel met your needs for your business trip. We hope to welcome you back again!
seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Being located next to the airport one would expect the shuttle service to be decent- not so. Upon arrival it took 30 minutes for a shuttle to arrive (late evening, no traffic, close to small airport). Worse yet, the next day I was told the shuttle would leave every 1/2 hr that day. At 10 minutes past the hr I asked at the front desk (she knew I had been waiting-small lobby and we had spoken). She shrugged and said she would call the driver and after said it would be another 5 minutes (no apologies or acknowledgement we had been waiting). 15 minutes later the shuttle finally arrived-and then said we needed to wait for another 5 minutes so they could get back on schedule. Again- no apologies. I give it 2 stars only because rooms were fine/clean. Restaurant what you would expect in small hotel- 2 stars. This would be a fine layover hotel but management needs to conduct basic customer service training.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding our airport shuttle service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you due to our scheduling conflict. Guest service is extremely important to us – this review will be shared in our next team meeting to ensure everyone is upholding our guest service standards. Thank you.
Hood River, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This room in this hotel is fine but the Internet service is very weak and the restaurant is a collection of bare tables in the lobby bar. They do have a very skimpy menu but there is no obvious kitchen, wait staff or food. It looks like one of those depressing free breakfast rooms. As the closest restaurant is a drive away, I expected to find actual food on site as we were told. The nearest restaurants are all fast food with the exception of an IHOP and a mediocre sports bar. This is absolutely an airport hotel. The area is basically a freeway interchange with a few businesses.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport? Share your experiences!