“Clean, friendly, close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4900 Duckhorn Drive, Sacramento, CA 95834   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #47 of 84 hotels in Sacramento
El Dorado Hills
“Clean, friendly, close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We recently discovered this newly remodeled, smoke free hotel. Rates are reasonable and you can leave your car there during a trip. There is a bar and small restaurant. The shuttle runs on the half hour. I'd recommend reserving it early since the popular morning runs fill up quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Although the neighborhood is mostly residential and fairly safe, park your car as close as possible...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hi SusanJElDoradoHills
We are so happy to learn you enjoyed your stay here at our Four Points by Sheraton. I want to particularly thank you for the positive comments relating to our new-like look, smoke free, reasonable rates and friendly staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - GM

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a typical airport hotel, but the staff was very friendly and nice, and the rooms were clean and nice, with all the amenities you'd expect. On spent one night here and didn't try the restaurant but was very happy with the room for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am pleased to read you found our hotel to be very clean and staff was very friendly, which allowed us to provide you with a great stay. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Paradise, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel was clean, very new and the front desk staff was friendly. I love it that this hotel is 100% smoke free, and since it is a newer hotel, obviously it has never been smoked in, and that is wonderful! Sometimes on older hotels that have "non smoking rooms" you can tell that for years in the past that smoking was allowed, because there is a lingering smell. This hotel had zero smoke smell. Awesome!! However, there was a funny smell in the lobby. I suppose it smelled like some cleaning product, but it would be nice if they could use some sort of air freshener. But here's my biggest beef. This is the second time I've used Priceline "name your price" for a hotel room (the first time I used it was not for this hotel) an the first room they gave me was terrible! Last month, when I used the "name your own price" and got a terrible room (it was another hotel chain in San Jose), I thought was a fluke.

But now this is the second time, and I STIll got a terrible room! I guess hotels think that since the person is "cheap" enough to try and get a cheap room, that they don't deserve a nice room, I don't know. I don't understand these hotels that give you their worst room just because I got it for significantly below rack rate. I mean, they accepted the price! If they don't like how cheap people get the rooms, then don't participate in Priceline. What hotels don't seem to understand is that by giving a guest a good experience, even if they got it for a cheap price, that guest will be back. Maybe they don't want guests back who are always looking for a bargain. I don't know. I just don't understand it.

However, the front desk readily changed my room when I asked. The good news was that I hadn't unpacked, because after my first experience with the hotel in San Jose, CA where I got an awful room, I went around and checked everything in the room they gave me. The first thing I did was check all the lamps. I found that the bedside lamp on the side of the bed I like to sleep in was burned out. I changed bulbs with the lamp on the other side of the bed, to see if that was the problem, but that didn't help. Then I noticed that the clock radio which was plugged into the same outlet didn't work either, so I figured that the outlet wasn't working. I contacted the front desk and asked them to send someone to look at it. I told her what I'd done and that it wasn't the bulb. Since the room they'd given me was on the ground floor, I just walked over to the front desk and told her this in person. She said she'd send someone out to look at it, but I could tell that she thought that it wasn't going to be able to be fixed by maintenance, since it wasn't simply a burned out bulb. I went back to my room to wait for maintenance.

Then I noticed that, even though I'd been in the room for 10 minutes, it wasn't any cooler than when I walked in. I lowered the temp on the AC and waited, then felt the air that was blowing out, and it was warm. The hotel room they gave me was on the west side of the hotel, and this was late in the afternoon, so the sun was beating down on the window. It was probably over 80 degrees in the room. That's when I decided forget it, I want a new room.

I walked back out to the front desk, and told her about the AC, and asked for a new room. She didn't even hesitate. She gave me a nice room on the 2nd floor, and everything worked, including the AC and the bedside lamp. Yay! The room was nice, spacious and clean. But the beds, advertised as "•Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed" wasn't comfortable at all. It was no better, no different than most hotel beds, which to me are almost always hard and uncomfortable.

Overall, it was a great hotel, very convenient to the airport, and restaurants were a short drive away. However, if you've flown in and used the shuttle to get to the hotel, be aware there are no restaurants within walking distance. However, the hotel does have a restaurant and bar, so you won't starve. :)

The one thing I want to say to hotels out there, is if you're going to participate in "name your own price" by Priceline, don't give these guests the crappy room. It isn't very classy and doesn't make people want to come back. I do appreciate very much that this hotel made it right, but this should never have happened in the first place.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I thank you for your feedback regarding how clean you found our hotel and our friendly staff. I apologize about the condition in which you found the first room - rest assured every single room gets inspected by our hard working staff to make sure we uphold our brnad's high cleaning and condition standards. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Sincrely, Mario Lopez - GM.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Building is newly established so everything is still new. Clean bed, sheets, lots of extra towels, small microwave in the lobby. Only beef I had with this hotel is that I did check in in the evening but I had to wait 15 min because the room was being cleaned. They could simply offered me a different room but they didn't. Parking lot was empty so I knew there were plenty of extra rooms. Poor service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, Keith S.
I appreciate the positive comments related to the like-new condition of our hotel and cleanliness of our guestrooms. We take a lot pf pride in maintaining our hotel and work diligently to up hold high cleaning standards. I will pass along your kind comments to my maintenance & housekeeping teams. I would also like to apologize for the slow check in you experienced. Although not typical of our hotel, I will personally look into the cause of the delay and, more importantly, work with our team to prevent reoccurrence and how we can offer options to our guests in similar circumnstances. Once again, thank you for yoru feedback and for staying with us. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
Bakersfield, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice little hotel that appears quite new. Room was kept very clean by the staff. It coukd use some more storage and a fridge. All leftovers became trash :(? Overall a pleasant experience, and i would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hi Brett D.!
I appreciate you taking time to share your comments about your stay with us. We will continue working diligently to present to you and every guest staying with us a like-new condition hotel and super clean guestrooms. My apologies about not having enough storage space in your room. Although we have portable refrigerators available for our guests, it seems we did not get one to your room. We will be happy to do so next time you stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
American in Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I often stay at this property when I fly into the Sacramento area. While not at the airport proper, the hotel has a complimentary shuttle. It's located near the 5 freeway, but in a residential area, so it's quiet. The SPG Platinum recognition is good (high floor, continental breakfast) and the staff are courteous and professional. There is a nice small gym with treadmills and free weights as well as a small pool. The rooms are nicely decorated, a good size and immaculate (However, the carpets in the corridors near the elevator could use a good cleaning). I didn't use the Wifi, so can't comment on the speed. All in all, a good place to stay if you're in the area and can get a good weekend rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mario L, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us when flying into Sacramento. We appreciate your comments about our convenient location from airport & quite room - /residential area, nicely decorated/immaculate guest rooms and the recognizing and service we provide to each of our guests - particularly our SPG platinum level members. I apologize for the condition of the carpets by the elevator - We have since shampooed and maintain these carpets in clean condition.
My team and I thank you for your feedback as it helps us correct areas that need improvement and continue to provide our "honest uncomplicated comfort" core values we are know for to each and every guest. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Sincerely, Mario Lopez.
kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our room was very clean- really appreciated the brightly lit bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. Not your typical hotel decor- which was nice. There was a very large desk- so would be good for business people. There was no micro or refrigerator, however. They did not have a free complimentary breakfast....$7 for a continental breakfast and $10 for a full breakfast. So, I am not sure it was worth it- we will probably return to the Fairfield Inn at the airport, where we get more "bang for our buck".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of my team here at the Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento, I thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are proud of our room decor and cleanliness. I am sorry we did not have the complimentary breakfast you were looking for. We often provide offers where breakfast is included in the room rate. Next time in the area, please contact us and ask about this special offer - we will be delighted towelcome you back. Sincerely, Mario Lopez (General Manager).

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport? Share your experiences!