“Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Arrived at this hotel 6 hours before check-in time after a long dusty drive, exhausted and hoping for a room and shower. We were greeted by smiling friendly staff (Monique & Esme). They pleasantly explained that no rooms were yet available. Upon seeing how dirty and tired we were, they searched through their inventory and located a 2-bedroom upgrade which they put us in immediately at no additional cost. The hotel is in a great downtown location next to the capitol mall. The staff are all very friendly. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Turlock, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Three of us stayed for three nights in one of the studio suites. From check-in to check-out It was a very pleasant experience. The room was nicely arranged and clean, probably the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. The kitchen in the room was so convenient and had everything we needed to prepare dinners. We loved the breakfast that was served downstairs in the morning. The scrambled eggs were not even dry. The staff worked hard to keep everything well stocked. The hotel staff was excellent. When we had a problem with the plumbing in our room there was someone there to fix it within minutes. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The small studio suite was roomy enough for 3. The sofa bed was quite comfortable
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I actually work at another Marriott so I was staying under my employee discount. We were able to get a 2 bedroom suite to accomodate 2 couples which worked just swell. Check in process was perfect. Ray, who happens to be new, did a GREAT job! He was very friendly and answered all my questions before I even had to ask. We stayed on the 10th floor and I have to say the view when I woke up at 6am was phenomenal! The sun was on its way up to the sky and it shone perfectly over the city. We needed help finding a nearby grocery store in walking distance and the gal at the front desk, didn't cath her name, was very knowledgable of the area around the hotel. The rooms were clean and roomy enough for the 4 of us and we even had our own bathrooms!

Ok let me tell you about this breakfast! I have never had a FREE breakfast so delicious. I mean the Marriott I work for has hot breakfast and a lot of items to choose from, but they had an over the top breakfast. There was regular scrambled eggs and egg white scrambled eggs with bell peppers. There was hash browns and potato wedges with bell peppers and sauteed onions. There was canadian bacon and a station to make your own parfait. There was so much to choose from, we ended up coming back for seconds!

And last but not least, our check out was smooth. I believe it was Alex and she was very kind. I have already recommended this hotel to guests at our hotel that are heading to Sacramento.

Room Tip: High floor!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I travel a great deal for work and this hotel is great year round. The staff always makes you feel welcome and remembers my name, remembers my requests and goes out of their way to be helpful! Thank you to Monique, Tes, Esme and Virge. All of the staff is great.

Room Tip: Capital View rooms are great! But weekend nights can be loud on that side so depends on if it is a f...
Green Features: Good, they make a genuine effort to conserve and encourage guests to do the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

this hotel is one of the best residence inn I have been at.... 1) the room are CLEAN and updated 2) the staff is extremely responsive 3) the amenities are top notch the pool/spa/workout room 4) there are a VARIETY of TV channels with HD! 5) this hotel is centrally located and one can walk to all locations 6) the parking can be tricky.... make sure to get the garage pass when you check-in 7) free wifi

I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: get the rooms that face out to the street nice view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Came early July for a conference nearby. Stayed 2 nights. The conference paid for the accommodations for each person. A friend who came with me and I were able to upgrade our single room to a 2 master bedroom suite! SCORE!! Everyone was so sweet, knowledgeable, and nice!! Special recognition to Teslet and Moniquia for the utmost professionalism, care to detail, and overall willingness to be ever so helpful during our stay! They even were able to put our other male friend in the room next to ours! They really seem to bend over backwards (willingly) with requests and just about anything to go the extra mile. I'm so glad we were able to stay here and be serviced with this hotel as well as Teslet and Moniquia! They were both so friendly and personable, I feel like I just want to come back to chat with them some more! Trust me, if you stay here, try to ask for them because they really do care about you having a comfortable stay.

The location was great, super close to several bars, restaurants, things to do, and, of course, the Capitol! Some nights, they have a manager's hour from 6-730pm where they host with wine and appetizers. The lobby itself was very inviting and had a very "at-home" feeling.

The room we had was great! Large, spacious, clean, and toiletries from Paul Mitchell! The only thing that was missing IMO was a bath robe! haha I did without just fine, though!

Overall, great experience. I didn't expect much from Sacramento, but the area and this hotel really blew me away. I wasn't bored one bit here (the city, hotel, and company considered). I would recommend this hotel and I most definitely would stay here again! :)

Room Tip: Make sure Teslet or Moniquia is helping you!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I really liked this hotel. The room was excellent. The staff extremely friendly and helpful. The problem showed up Friday night when it became apparent that night club across the street was VERY popular---and loud. Even on the 10th floor it kept me awake.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park? Share your experiences!