With chains we generally know what to expect, and that pretty much holds for this Residence Inn - you get a room with a kitchen, they have a free breakfast, they have a pool, etc. The place is clean, staff is friendly, it seems fairly secure, etc.
The difference here was in the room size. They offer studios and suites (I always thought of all Residence Inns as being suites). We got a suite, but it was still pretty small. They stuffed a king bed into a room that barely had room to navigate around it. It would have been much better to have a queen bed for the room size. The living area also seemed smaller than most Residence Inns. The walls were a bit thin, so we heard our neighbors television, but it wasn't too bad.
The breakfast was good, with a selection that met our needs (I'm vegetarian, my wife is vegan and gluten-free) with oatmeal for her and scrambled eggs and potatoes for me. We didn't make it to the gym or pool on this trip, so can't comment on them. Parking was in a multi-story lot adjacent to the property. It was close to full on the hotel floors, but we did find a space every day.
I'll mention that in the corner of the parking lot is a small restaurant/bar/coffee shop called the Capitol Garage that has an excellent breakfast selection. On our last day we wanted to have more variety than the free breakfast and walked over. I had a great omelet and Cathy had a wonderful tofu scramble!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn