“Perfect Everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 84 hotels in Sacramento
Santa Clarita, California
“Perfect Everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had the best stay ever, over the Memorial day weekend, at this hotel. We were in town for a graduation and from the moment we walked in, we received exceptional service. Adriana at the front desk was amazing. Super friendly, helpful, and made sure we'd have a good time in the exceptional room she booked us in. The room had an amazing view of the park downtown and was super clean. Service to the room was fast and very professional too. Absolutely loved everything about our stay! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a GREAT place to stay with their family. We can't wait to go back! Thank you Adriana and all at Residence Inn - you made our stay fantastic!

Room Tip: Request a corner suite. Just gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had a fantastic experience this memorial day weekend at this hotel. The rooms are exceptional but what really impressed me is the outstanding customer service of Amber and Virgie. Both went above and beyond to accomodate all of my requests and I'm personally in deep gratitude to both of them. Marriott corporation is lucky to have employees like them....thank you so much!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very disappointed. After reading other reviews I expected a much better experience than we endured. Poor customer service and sleeping conditions that were way below standard and when I went to the Front Desk at 1AM to raise the issue I was met with complete apathy. Will never stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Please accept my most sincere apology for your experience. I have had an opportunity to speak with the team member working that evening and have provided some additional training. We want our guests needs to be met and your concerns to be heard and resolved as quickly as possible. My apologies again, that this was not the case. Shelly Moranville, General Manager
Northfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

When I checked in to my room, discovered it was actually a studio apartment with full kitchen, desk, table, sleeper-sofa and a king sized bed. Very nicely decorated and maintained. In addition, guests are entitled to complimentary full breakfast in the main floor dining room.
Only negatives were the Wifi service was kind of weak and the lobby-bar was being renovated leading to sort of disrupted main floor. Convenient to downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this location for five months .The staff were like family , the service was excellent, and the location is awesome . I have to say I am in a new city now and I miss the staff . Whatever I needed they went above and beyond . They even sent me a birthday cake . housekeeping was excellent . Virgie and Tim , Amanda and I am having a brain freeze but the staff on the day shift front desk , latin , spanish speaking young woman also so kind . The view is great on the street side . The lounge is pretty fun and affordable drinks and some basic food when you dont want to go out plus room service . The engineers were great and fixed all my little concerns . I hope to get back to Sacramento and would nt stay anywhere else . Marriot give them all a raise !!!!

Room Tip: street side 12 th floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to make our guests feel home away from home. Our staff takes the responsibility very serious and truly enjoy making it happen. We hope to see you again in the future.

Shelly Moranville, General Manager
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I recently stayed at The Residence Inn, and I was completely impressed with the hotel and staff. Unfortunately, I suffer from topical allergies. I have to be conscious about hotel linens, or I will have an extreme allergic reaction. When I notified the front office staff, they were very considerate and made sure my room was prepared correctly. After I spent an hour in my room, the house keeping staff called me and wanted to know if everything was alright for my skin. Top notch service by the staff!!
We only stayed one night , and I thought the whole hotel was clean and comfortable. I had no issues with my bed, and the breakfast was sufficient. There were plenty of options to choose from: eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fruit, etc. The location was ideal and was within walking distance of Old Sacramento and the state capital. I didn't mind paying a self parking fee of $17. The garage was only a few yards away. I'd gladly pay that fee instead of $50 plus compared to the majority of SF hotel parking fees! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stay at this property often while on business trips to Sacramento. The hotel staff are great and I'm always treated well by Virgie and others at the front desk. It is clean, quiet, well-located in the downtown area near many restaurants, and has a great breakfast offering in the hotel. It is often fully booked, so I typically need to make my reservations well in advance.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park? Share your experiences!