“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Vacaville, California
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you need to stay in downtown Sacramento for a few days or if you are on vacation, I would recommend Residence Inn. The rooms are oversized and have a full kitchen. So you can make dinner in your room or they have a Restaurant and Bar with food available. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is nice for you or for your family. All the venues are around the Hotel and Old Town is just 5 minutes away. The parking was an additional cost at the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a few weeks ahead and used the Marriott's rewards number for a special discount. We chose the 1 bedroom King suite with a sofa bed and kitchen. It came out to $137 after taxes and fees.

The good: breakfast and homemade waffles, excellent room with two tvs and space for a family of 4. Great shampoo, clean towels, and sheets for the sofa bed were in the closet.

The bad: we could not check in at 4pm and they comp. parking. We were told they would call us when our room was ready. They did not. A cheer leading competition and weddings overbooked certain rooms. We came back over an hour later, they found us a room. Meanwhile, my daughter were upset and tired after walking around the zoo. What I didn't enjoy was waking up for an hour during 1 am due to loud music from a club nearby. I stayed up an hour before sleeping again.

All in all, I wasn't thrilled they couldn't check us in at 4pm. I am reluctant to stay there with kids again. I think I'll try the Sheraton next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I spent a wonderful day at Old Town Sacramento with some friends. This was also our first time staying at the Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming, especially "Lyla." We didn't expect a kitchenette in our room, which was a nice touch to an already great room. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and a perfect way to start our day. A special "thank you" to Lyla for sending us off with a few mementos of our stay in Sacramento for our daughter's scrapbook. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We have shared your nice comments about Lyla with her and all of our team!

Shelly Moranville, General Manager
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is very well kept and I didn't have any issues until the morning. I was in town for the Sacramento 5K. Was disappointed that breakfast didn't start till after I needed to leave for the race. The hotel was recommended on the race website. Thought the Marriott would change hours for breakfast for the racers; I wasn't the only runner at the hotel. When I came down in the morning there was no coffee!!! Night person said coffee machine was broken but when I return to hotel after the race all the coffee urn were up and in use. This is a very small complaint but this is not what I expect from the Marriott brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my first time visiting the Sacramento area and thus my first stay at the Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park. I found the location to be perfect - situated across the street from a wonderful park which surrounds the state capitol. It is easy to get to and from the interstate and around the Sacramento area.

The staff is warm and friendly and offered great suggestions on what I do and where to go when I had a free afternoon/evening. For March the weather was beautiful and I ended up taking a drive to Lake Tahoe. From this hotel you could do spoke-n-wheel type trips to Lake Tahoe, Reno, San Francisco and even Yosemite.

The hotel has everything I have come to like about a Residence Inn and more with this property having a lounge offering lunch, dinner and even room service which I have not seen at any other Residence Inn.

Understanding there are many choices when it comes to where to stay, and some less expensive and some more expensive, this hotel gets you the most out of the money you spend - especially with a complimentary breakfast every morning which is of great quality and variety.

Room Tip: A standard studio room is very spacious, but for a little more money choose a one-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are a very fortunate to have a restaurant on property and this does make us a very unique Residence Inn. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. Thank you again, Shelly Moranville
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Downtown Sacramento during a conference with high school students. I live in Sacramento and had little knowledge about this host hotel. It was a great experience. Not only was the staff professional and caring, but the rooms were spacious, well decorated, and perfect for adults and teens who need refrigerators, microwaves, etc. on a long trip. We loved the full breakfast bar in the morning (a huge selection) and lounge area for casual meetings. The hotel is conveniently located near the Capitol Park, restaurants, and Convention Center. But it was really the staff that made things easy and comfortable. They were willing to go out of their way to help me chaperone 26 teenagers. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Point Reyes Station, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'll start by saying I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating, except I worried that people would expect the Ritz. This isn't the Ritz. What it is is a wonderful hotel in a great location with nice amenities, plus the awesomest staff in town.
We stayed during a weekend when the hotel was full of kids in Sacramento for an academic decathlon. I was worried. Hundreds of teenagers in a hotel does not make me feel warm and fuzzy. As it turned out every kid we met was polite, kind and thoughtful. During our first night we could hear kids next door talking and laughing. Just as I started to get crabby I overheard one say "We should be more quiet, there are other people who are probably trying to sleep." Not another peep. OK - back to the hotel.
The staff were so nice on check in that I thought they had mistaken me for someone important. "We gave you a room that should be pretty quiet. Would you prefer being closer to the elevator?" This kindness continued throughout our stay. Housekeeping staff greeted us in the halls, service workers passed and asked if we were having a nice stay, it was wonderful to be treated like an honored guest.
Our room (621) was large with a nice fold out sofa for the 10 year old traveling with us. I wouldn't have wanted to sleep on it, but I had a comfy king-sized bed in the other room and he reviewed his sleep as "great".
The kitchen has everything: pots, pans, full-sized fridge, dishwasher.
The gym was very nice with up to date equipment, towels, water and TV's.
Breakfast was what you expect for a hotel. The surprising part was that they managed to keep everything clean, hot and filled in spite of the huge number of kids. Nice variety of food and lots of healthy choices.
My only complaint was the AC in our room was quite loud. Not unbearable, but if you're a sensitive flower you'll notice it.
Would I say again? In a minute. Would I recommend the Residence Inn to others? I already have.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park? Share your experiences!