“Exceptional Customer Sedrvice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
San Diego
“Exceptional Customer Sedrvice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ultimately this is a Residence Inn. You know what the hotel will be like before you check in, and that is a good thing. The hotel had all of the normal Residence Inn amenities and it has been remodeled recently enough so that everything looks nice.

What really stuck out was the exceptional customer service. Upon check-in, my children realized the pool was temporarily closed. So, River who was working the front desk had a nice care package sent up to the room for the kids. Now, it was super cold in January, so there was no need for us to expect a pool. The hotel staff really went above and beyond.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Burney,Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at this fine hotel. We arrived at the hotel around 7 p.m. on a Thursday during the Managers toast. I had not even checked in before my 8 year old daughter returned with a whole cup full of chocolates and my wife had a plate full of cheeses and a cocktail. What a great way to start a trip. After dropping our bags we went back down to enjoy the lobby and some more snacks. We were eating some cheese and salami with crackers and some complimentary wine, when Paul, one of the managers, brought over a full bottle of wine and left it with us. We spent the next 1/2 hour or so sitting by the fire enjoying our wine while our daughter got some energy out doing some cartwheels nearby.
The next evening by the fire after a long day at the Zoo and the Crocker museum, Paul came up behind our daughter with some milk and Oreo cookies and discretly asked if she could have some. When I nodded yes, he made her whole evening and made her feel very special. She was talking about him the whole way home.
The room was very nice with a mini kitchen, a king size bed and a pullout for our daughter. It was somewhat tight when the bed was out, but overall it was a very nice room. We really liked the breakfast in the morning. There were many choices and we always left full to start our day. It was a great money and time saver.
The hotel is in a great location. It's very near the convention center and all of the restaurants in the area. Old Sac is a short drive down L street and getting to the zoo is easy as well. Just get on 15'th outside the hotel and head south until you run into Land Park Way.
The only problem we had was the fact that the pool was under repair and we were not made aware of this on the website. I would have probably given the hotel a 4 star rating because of this but the service went so far above and beyond, I had to give them a 5. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The general Manager Shelly Moranville, runs a first class establishment with an extremely hospitable and knowledgeable staff. This is my first choice for hotels when I travel to Sacramento. In addition to the rooms always being clean, spacious and comfortable....the bar/restaurant is first class and features 1/2 price appetizers in the evenings. The Residence Inn, Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park also features a full breakfast fit for a king. If you prefer to eat outside of the hotel, this location is basically in the middle of many great restaurants.

Room Tip: I typically request a higher room and have never had any complaints with any of them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thanks Jason! One of the things that makes me love what I do is helping our guests and making this part of their travel easy and enjoyable. That combined with a great team of people by my side makes my job fun to do. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Sacramento!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My fiancé and I had a wonderful experience at the residence inn. My fiancé was attending a conference in sacramento, and Lyla was so nice to not only let me check in early but to also give me a great room with a nice view! It was our 3 year anniversary and I wanted to make it special for my fiancé. With hundreds of restaurants around the hotel to choose from,Marisa helped me narrow down my choice to a very romantic and reasonably priced restaurant. Finally, to top it all off,Yvette came up with the idea of placing flowers and a bottle of wine in my room when we were out to dinner to surprise my fiancé. I was so impressed with their above and beyond customer service. All three of the ladies went out of their way to make it a special night for my fiance and me. i would recommend this place to anyone, and can not wait to come back!!

• Stayed January 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The location is perfect! You are in the middle of downtown so restaurants, bars, shopping, and the State Capital are within walking distance. The room was very clean and the service was superior. The restaurant in the lobby was very nice and they had sports on!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very fortunate to have such a great location and a great team. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Shelly Moranville, General Manager
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for a week for work, and was super impressed. The rooms were beautiful and really well set up with separate sleeping nooks and huge bathrooms. The kitchen was gorgeous and all the furniture was super comfortable. The hotel staff were great, the breakfast was totally suitable and the gym area was awesome. The pool/hottub was closed for maintenance but that's ok - it looked nice! The beds were pretty hard, and some noise carried between rooms.

There are so many great restaurants nearby, and the hotel rents bikes, which I sadly only found out about the last day. Sacramento has a huge bike path network.

Central location, easy to get to, really near the Capitol and about a 20 minute walk to Old Sacramento. I'd totally stay here again. Go get an excellent coffee at Old Soul Coffee Co. a few blocks away!

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great staff. Clean, comfortable rooms and the perfect location to stay while visiting Sacramento, CA. The staff was very pleasant. The rooms are clean with clean kitchens. This is the place to stay while visiting Sacramento. Couldn’t ask for a better location.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa nor had breakfast (no time), however, I am sure they are better than average...