“Best in the City!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Best in the City!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The general Manager Shelly Moranville, runs a first class establishment with an extremely hospitable and knowledgeable staff. This is my first choice for hotels when I travel to Sacramento. In addition to the rooms always being clean, spacious and comfortable....the bar/restaurant is first class and features 1/2 price appetizers in the evenings. The Residence Inn, Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park also features a full breakfast fit for a king. If you prefer to eat outside of the hotel, this location is basically in the middle of many great restaurants.

Room Tip: I typically request a higher room and have never had any complaints with any of them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thanks Jason! One of the things that makes me love what I do is helping our guests and making this part of their travel easy and enjoyable. That combined with a great team of people by my side makes my job fun to do. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Sacramento!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My fiancé and I had a wonderful experience at the residence inn. My fiancé was attending a conference in sacramento, and Lyla was so nice to not only let me check in early but to also give me a great room with a nice view! It was our 3 year anniversary and I wanted to make it special for my fiancé. With hundreds of restaurants around the hotel to choose from,Marisa helped me narrow down my choice to a very romantic and reasonably priced restaurant. Finally, to top it all off,Yvette came up with the idea of placing flowers and a bottle of wine in my room when we were out to dinner to surprise my fiancé. I was so impressed with their above and beyond customer service. All three of the ladies went out of their way to make it a special night for my fiance and me. i would recommend this place to anyone, and can not wait to come back!!

• Stayed January 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The location is perfect! You are in the middle of downtown so restaurants, bars, shopping, and the State Capital are within walking distance. The room was very clean and the service was superior. The restaurant in the lobby was very nice and they had sports on!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very fortunate to have such a great location and a great team. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Shelly Moranville, General Manager
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for a week for work, and was super impressed. The rooms were beautiful and really well set up with separate sleeping nooks and huge bathrooms. The kitchen was gorgeous and all the furniture was super comfortable. The hotel staff were great, the breakfast was totally suitable and the gym area was awesome. The pool/hottub was closed for maintenance but that's ok - it looked nice! The beds were pretty hard, and some noise carried between rooms.

There are so many great restaurants nearby, and the hotel rents bikes, which I sadly only found out about the last day. Sacramento has a huge bike path network.

Central location, easy to get to, really near the Capitol and about a 20 minute walk to Old Sacramento. I'd totally stay here again. Go get an excellent coffee at Old Soul Coffee Co. a few blocks away!

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great staff. Clean, comfortable rooms and the perfect location to stay while visiting Sacramento, CA. The staff was very pleasant. The rooms are clean with clean kitchens. This is the place to stay while visiting Sacramento. Couldn’t ask for a better location.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa nor had breakfast (no time), however, I am sure they are better than average...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Was chosen by meeting organizer but ended being very convenient. clean modern room have full kitchen, yet hot breakfast is served! You can walk to mall and many restaurants. Park is close by. staff is friendly and helpfull. Starbuck (at Hyatt) is 2 min walk and opens at 5h30! i bought a latte there and waited until breakfast opens at Residence (6h30) to get rest of breakfast.

Minden, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel as we were going to be participating at a show at the convention center. Two people in my town had told me they had stayed there and it was great. We booked a studio but it is really like a one bedroom without a door. We were surprised by the roomy full kitchen and all the plates, bowls, silverware and pots and pans. It was like a full condo. Bed was comfortable, very roomy kitchen. We were literally across the street from the convention center's back doors which we had access too. The bar/lounge was pleasant and they had some snacks while the football game was on. The staff were EXCEPTIONAL! Many nice restaurants all very very close. We will definitely stay there again or book another Marriott Residence Inn.

Breakfast comes with the room also. Nothing to write home about there though they tried to serve different sides to the scrambled eggs every day. Pool and spa were closed for construction while we were there, though they looked very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We often hear how suprised people are when they stay with us and find that everyroom in the hotel has a full kitchen with dishes, silverware and pots and pans. While not everyone will need these items it is nice for travelers to have the option of eating in one or two nights, especially if you are here for a week or two. I will most definately share your comments about the staff with them; as I have mentioned many times they work very hard to take good care of our guests.

Thanks again for your review, Shelly Moranville

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park? Share your experiences!