“Fantastic hotel in a great location - great services, beautiful rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park

Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
British Columbia
“Fantastic hotel in a great location - great services, beautiful rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for a week for work, and was super impressed. The rooms were beautiful and really well set up with separate sleeping nooks and huge bathrooms. The kitchen was gorgeous and all the furniture was super comfortable. The hotel staff were great, the breakfast was totally suitable and the gym area was awesome. The pool/hottub was closed for maintenance but that's ok - it looked nice! The beds were pretty hard, and some noise carried between rooms.

There are so many great restaurants nearby, and the hotel rents bikes, which I sadly only found out about the last day. Sacramento has a huge bike path network.

Central location, easy to get to, really near the Capitol and about a 20 minute walk to Old Sacramento. I'd totally stay here again. Go get an excellent coffee at Old Soul Coffee Co. a few blocks away!

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great staff. Clean, comfortable rooms and the perfect location to stay while visiting Sacramento, CA. The staff was very pleasant. The rooms are clean with clean kitchens. This is the place to stay while visiting Sacramento. Couldn’t ask for a better location.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa nor had breakfast (no time), however, I am sure they are better than average...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Was chosen by meeting organizer but ended being very convenient. clean modern room have full kitchen, yet hot breakfast is served! You can walk to mall and many restaurants. Park is close by. staff is friendly and helpfull. Starbuck (at Hyatt) is 2 min walk and opens at 5h30! i bought a latte there and waited until breakfast opens at Residence (6h30) to get rest of breakfast.

Minden, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel as we were going to be participating at a show at the convention center. Two people in my town had told me they had stayed there and it was great. We booked a studio but it is really like a one bedroom without a door. We were surprised by the roomy full kitchen and all the plates, bowls, silverware and pots and pans. It was like a full condo. Bed was comfortable, very roomy kitchen. We were literally across the street from the convention center's back doors which we had access too. The bar/lounge was pleasant and they had some snacks while the football game was on. The staff were EXCEPTIONAL! Many nice restaurants all very very close. We will definitely stay there again or book another Marriott Residence Inn.

Breakfast comes with the room also. Nothing to write home about there though they tried to serve different sides to the scrambled eggs every day. Pool and spa were closed for construction while we were there, though they looked very nice.

• 5 of 5 stars
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We often hear how suprised people are when they stay with us and find that everyroom in the hotel has a full kitchen with dishes, silverware and pots and pans. While not everyone will need these items it is nice for travelers to have the option of eating in one or two nights, especially if you are here for a week or two. I will most definately share your comments about the staff with them; as I have mentioned many times they work very hard to take good care of our guests.

Thanks again for your review, Shelly Moranville
utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Reaidence Inn, downtown for a business trip. Great location and very clean however we stayed on the 9th floor room 900 which is at the end of the building. Walking down the hallways you could smell the food being cooked in the hotel which isn't that bad except when its being blown into your room. It was cold there and we had the heater on and every time it came on it blowed the smell of whatever was being cooked throughout the room. The last night was a BBQ smell that was thick and very strong, my clothes smelled of it the next day.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am a Platinum Premiere Elite customer. I don't care about the status. I stay at Marriott properties about 125 nights each year. The hotel is a little older, but you know what you get with the Residence Inn. Very comfortable, the heat works in the room (a big deal for me). The pool was supposed to open today, not that I would go into it, but I saw the "closed until further notice" still up. The breakfast is standard: powdered eggs, potato hash, fruit, etc. Parking is not great, but no problem. $17.00/day and be very careful making the turn into it if you don't get the extra insurance on rental vehicles. Also, make sure you exit the garage on the different place than you entered, but you cannot get out and will need to back up - very crazy when cars are behind you. It would have been great to know this info upon checking it. Ready for my pet peeve? So, I am here with my trusted colleague who pointed out a little nastygram stuck to the inside of the room key sleeve, which I would have never seen. It states, "Effective January 1, 2011, there will be a $75 early departure fee for any modification to a reservation after check in." I toned it down, because it is in all capital case. Honestly, in all the hundreds of nights I have stayed at Marriott-related properties, I have never seen something like this. It is bad business. I talked to the front desk and they did state they do have room to flex on this policy, since they try to prevent guests from making cheaper reservations for an extended period and checking out early. In fairness, they are not owned by Marriott. Howewever, they represent the name and standards.

I have no problems with the rooms, but the sticker about the $75 might be sticker shock, so know before you go... something I have never seen with Marriott. If that is the case, put that info into the reservation details. Had I seen that, I would have never booked it, and I am here for 4 more nights.

3 Thank Tom B
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a lot of fun staying downtown Sacramento. My husband had a few days of business meetings and I had a lot of time alone to learn about a new town. This location is perfect if you really don't want to drive anywhere because you can walk to everything! I didn't get back in my car once.
The staff is really friendly and helpful with finding me things to do with my time. Evat and River were even willing to listen when I just needed a friendly ear. The guys at the bar (I'm sorry I don't remember their names) were fun and eager to find me new drinks to try. My husband really liked the one with the upside down corona.
The room was spotless and very comfortable and a lot bigger than I expected. I liked the one up high and close to the elevator because I have a bad knee and it had a great view of the park.
I didn't eat breakfast everyday but I enjoyed it when I did. The staff in the morning is very eager to make everyone comfortable - in fact everyone is. I will be back - hopefully my husband will have more time to enjoy it too.

Room Tip: Thursday night is wine night!