“What Awesome Hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Centennial, Colorado
“What Awesome Hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Capitol Park when attending a youth conference at the convention center. There were 1300 teenagers and adult chaperones attending this conference and I'm sure we were spread out among the downtown hotels. I don't know how many the Residence Inn may have hosted, but you can imagine the chaos represented in that group!

The staff at the hotel was wonderful. I hope we didn't cause too many problems for them. There could have very easily been short fuses and bad attitudes, but everyone in the place was always smiling, always helpful and always warm and friendly.

They really know how to do breakfast here. There was hot breakfast every morning, the breakfast room staff was also very warm, friendly and hospitable. They keep things filled, cleaned and ready. This is very much appreciated and did not go unnoticed!

Our room was clean and comfortable. Flat panel TV... I loved the little kitchenette! Two burner cooktop, refrigerator, microwave, mini dishwasher... fully furnished. Home away from home.

I won't be able to speak to the price because all the arrangements were made for me, but I highly recommend a stay here just because it was so wonderful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for your feedback; it was a crazy but fun week for us. We were delighted to have your group with us and so very glad you enjoyed your stay! I will definately share your feedback with the team!

Shelly Moranville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for just over a week in July with our two "children" 18 and 17 and had a two bedroom suite. Perfect for us all, with good bedrooms, bathrooms and a lounge and kitchenette. The pool although small was never overcrowded and we made use of the hot tub most evenings - very pleasant. It has a well equipped gym and I also used the laundry room which was very conveninent. One of the few hotels that we stayed in on our US trip that offered breakfast included which was very welcome and there was a good selection of items every day. Also free wifi and two computers just off the breakfast area was great for our teenagers. It was super to be able to be in the city centre and nice and quiet with just a walk to shops, restaurants, the brilliant rapid transit system too. The restaurant which was part of the bar was quite busy most of the time and service therefore a little slow (so we only ate here once) also if cooking in could have done with a few more pots and pans. However, We loved Sacramento and would stay here again definitely.

Room Tip: Floor 2 is where the pool and gym is - I would ask for room on this floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
I am delighted that you chose our hotel when visiting Sacramento and thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such a beautiful hotel located in the heart of downtown Sacramento and with a great team here, it is a great place to stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I'm a fan of Marriott's Residence Inns so let me just divulge my bias immediately. Having said that, here's the breakdown.

Highs
- rooms are clean and roomy
- flat screen tv's
- fully appointed kitchens
- good HVAC
- comfortable beds
- quiet
- responsive staff

Lows:
- housekeeping staff was a little noisy out in the hall while I was trying to sleep in.
- show up early for breakfast or there won't be a place to sit. Also, they only has 1 selection if fresh fruit making breakfast a simple indulgence in carbohydrates.

Tips:
- the hotel bar is hopping on Saturday nights. I stopped in at 9 pm for dinner and the barkeeper told me that there are 13 bars within a block of the hotel. By the time I finished dinner, the bar was full and the was a line forming at the streetwise door waiting to get in. I stepped outside and the street was line with people going out for the evening. The barkeeper also mentioned that every 2nd Saturday of the month downtown Sacramento is very busy with art exhibits and entertainment.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel; we couldn't agree more about our location. We are within walking distance to some of Sacramento's hottest night clubs and finest restaurants not to mention our very own 3 Fires Lounge.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping team, that is good to know and I am certain they will be more aware in the future.

We hoep to see you again in the near future.

Monmouth, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We agree with most of the previous reviews. We loved the roomy suite. The full kitchen was great, allowed us to have several meals "in" and save some money. We did not notice the noise from the nearby club that several reviewers mentioned - probably depends on which side of the hotel you are on. We appreciated the guest laundry but it was a nuisance to have to go down to the lobby to get supplies - why not a vending machine? Loved the pool & hot tub. Only issues: as others have noted, the wi-fi was slow (all over the hotel - same problem with the computers in the breakfast area), and although the room was always squeaky-clean, housekeeping did not get to us until late in the day, and supplies were not replaced as we used them up - I had to call the front desk to get more toilet paper! But all in all we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We agree about the internet and we are working on it. We are currently working to fix this problem by the end of the year and expect when we are done to have the fastest free internet of all the Sacramento downtown hotels.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

You can walk anywhere from this location. Rooms were clean and comfortable, but the maid did not service the room until 3:00 or so. I was annoyed by the homeless people hanging out around the doors of the hotel, sitting on the benches and bothering the patrons when coming out of their hotel to go to the parking garage. I wish the hotel would be proactive in keeping them from bothering the guests.

The breakfast was very good each day. Typical Residence Inn breakfasts but always good and hot.

The weather was not good for the first half of my trip so I didn't use the outdoor pool, but when the sun did come out, the pool was closed for the last 2 days of my trip. Probably from the weather, but I think they could have been quicker to straighten out the chemicals in the pool.

Over all, I would stay here again, especially because of the location.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Typical Marriott hotel. We enjoy staying at Residence Inns because of the kitchens; very nice when you spend as much time as we do traveling. This is a high rise building with very contemporary furnishings. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. We found the WIFI to be frustratingly slow. As my husband depends on the internet for his work it becomes very time-consuming for him to have to wait so long for downloads. The breakfast was ok. It is close to everything. The parking was a pain, but a lot of places are like that. Overall...we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was my second business trip to Sacramento in the month of May and first time staying at the Residence Inn. I was very satisfied by my stay, which lasted a week. The room was very clean when I arrived, and the suite style reminded me of my condo back home, with a full kitchen, living room, bedroom. I did not spend very much time in the room itself, but when I did it was very enjoyable. The lobby served breakfast every morning which was fairly good for being included with no extra charge. There was also coffee and tea available all day long, also free, which was nice compared to the last hotel I stayed at which charged for refills. It was too cold to visit the pool, so I cant comment on it, but I did go to the gym a couple of times. The gym does have good equipment, the only negative is that the AC was not cold enough in there. Also there was only 1 television in the corner of the gym, although I did see a mount for a second tv, which was propably being replaced. Overall, my experience was very good and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park? Share your experiences!