“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Morgan Hill, California
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent 3 nites here. I expect above average from Marriott, but this was not. Asked for a quiet room and first one offered was by the pool, next by the elevator. Finally go one in a corner that was OK. Hard to maintain a comfortable temp in the room. Either too cool or too warm. (This seems to be a symptom of most rooms lately.) Didn't care for the way the bathroom door opened right beside the bed and barely cleared it. Breakfast fare was OK, but they ran out of coffee cups one day and substituted 4 oz Styrofoam cups. Had them the next day, too. On that day they also pretty much ran out of food except for cold cereal. An apology and a voluntary adjustment to the bill would have been nice, but neither were forthcoming. We'll stay elsewhere in Sacto from here on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Not once have I had a bad experience at the TownePlace Suites Cal Expo, the rooms are always extremely clean, the Staff is "always" friendly and helpful.. I have stayed there every year for the last 5 years and not once have I had a bad room... The breakfast in the morning is included and has a nice selection of cereal, yogurt, toast and bagels.. waffles and GREAT coffee... I had the opportunity to speak with the Sales Manager Toni Mack and was a delightful conversation.. I would and will recommend this Hotel to any staying in the Sacramento area. Regards D. Passadore

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I arrived in Sacramento and had booked with a separate hotel. After one night I decided to look for a different place to switch my reservations for the duration of the rest of my business trip, and that's when I found Towne Place. I always try and stay Marriott and this hotel lived up to the Marriott name I knew. The hotel has a couple room options and I chose the actual suite. The room was comparable to a small apartment. Very spacious and clean. The room had a small kitchenette with a large refrigerator, microwave, and two burners. I was actually was shocked to find actual glassware in the cabinets and a small dishwasher. Off of the kitchenette was a separate sitting room with couch, table, and television. There was a second television then in the bedroom. The rate for the suite was amazing and a no brainer. Unlike some Marriott hotels this hotel offered free wi-fi. The breakfast had hot waffles and scrambled eggs (not the cheap powder eggs). Never used the actual pool itself but spent time using the gas grill next to the patio area provided for use by hotel guest. The hotel also has three washers and dryers for laundry (and the dryers actually dry with just one cycle). The hotel staff was professional and always went above and beyond to make sure the stay was nice. Next time I stay in Sacramento it will definitely be here.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been at this hotel for over four weeks now and I have zero complaints. The room is very spacious and clean. The staff has gone above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible and they have treated me as a part of their family.

I highly recommend this hotel for short or long term stays.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We like having a room where you don't have to sit on the bed to watch TV. We had a studio that had a sofa. It was small but adequate for the time we were there. We especially like having the kitchen and larger refrigerator and coffee maker. Our only problem was no one told us about using the key card to activate the air conditioner. We kept trying all different ways to adjust the temp until we finally called the desk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Townplace Suites for almost 3 months. We have enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The managers have gone above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and that all of our needs were met. The entire staff including the front desk employees, the housekeepers and the maintenance staff always greet us with a smile and are a joy to be around. The hotel is pet friendly and the front desk staff made a point to say hello to our dog everytime we came in . The hotel is close to Cal Expo and a mall with everything you could want.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Originally booked for two weeks at the Red Lion, however that hotel was very outdated and not appropriate for business travel. Was rebooked athe TownePlace Suites which felt like a 5 star hotel in comparison. Rooms were clean and spacious, staff friendly. Hotel has direct TV. While the hotel does't have a restaurant/room service, you can get food at the Marriott Courtyard a few feet away and it is centrally located to many restaurants and major highways.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!