“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Claremont, California
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travel regularly to Sacramento and usually stay here. I mistakenly booked my arrival on the internet for the week before what I intended and was dismayed at check in when I was informed that I was charged for that stay and handed a receipt. As always the front desk was courteous and informed me that I should talk to the manager in the AM. The next morning I explained to the Operations Manager Joanne Stienkemeyer that I must have been in a rush and clicked on the same day as I booked, that I am a Gold member, regularly stay at the property, and then I asked for leniency. She was very gracious, thanked me for my honesty (that it was my error) and also my loyalty, and then indicated that she would credit my card for stay. As always, I appreciate the value that Marriott delivers. Prices may be lower for stays at some other hotel chains, but I have consistently gotten the kind of "good feeling" in all my experiences, will continue to choose Marriott as my lodging of choice, and refer them whenever possible.

Room Tip: The elevators are slow, and also noisy if you get a room right next to them. I advise getting a room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a convention. The rooms are beautiful. The beds are very soft. The hotel itself has a nice layout. Most of the front desk people were very nice and helpful. House keeping was great. I left for an early meeting, when I got back the room had already been cleaned.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zephyr Cove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a great stay, as always and look forward to seeing and working with Erika Hernandez! She is always such a delight and takes care of our needs exceptionally! We contact her directly prior to booking our trip and she never lets us down. The hotel is one of our favorites, we love the location and amenities.

Room Tip: We have never been disappointed with any of our rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Large room and large bath in a contemporary design Courtyard hotel. Perfect for an overnight business trip in Sacramento. Bed was comfy. They provide earplugs which came in handy. Paul Mitchell bath products. Lively bar scene.

• Stayed October 2012
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been traveling from the East Coast to Sacramento two full weeks every month. I have stayed at several Marriott's in the area and this is by far the best. It provides a safe and secure location, excellent staff, clean rooms, welcoming staff, and quality full menu. I am a Platinum member and will make this my Sacramento Marriott 8 days per month. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Here to visit our son and his wife. Have stayed at this Marriott many times over the years. Had dinner at hotel one night that was absolutely delicious, a true highlight. Coming back in October. Hoping we get to have dinner here again. Nice exercise room too, which I do hope to use this next trip.

• Stayed September 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this place for 10 days, 5 days at a time in August and September 2012. It is well appointed; the staff (especially Moe & Erika!) are exceptionally, genuinely friendly and truly helpful; and housekeeping does a dynamite job of keeping the place spotless and tidy. As a Southerner, I bring my culture's tradition of hospitality when meeting people or traveling and this place truly helps one feel comfortable and welcomed.

A handy 'kit' is kept at the front desk that includes small recipe-like cards with directions to just about every store, restaurant, and business one would need or desire in or near the hotel.

I heartily recommend this hotel, which has many amenities, such as a pool, gym, hot tub, and a superb staff.

Room Tip: I could see the freeway from my room, but it was quiet and peaceful at night. The building appears t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!