“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Houston, Tx
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had not stayed at a Courtyard for many years, and had medium expectations. My husband and I were in Sacramento for a family trip, then off to Lake Tahoe for a few days, and then back to Sacramento, so we had two separate stays at the same Courtyard. The hotel was modern and clean. The staff, especially Moe at the front desk ,was always friendly and accomodating. The little touches were great - the "market" had sandwiches, snacks and drinks 24/7, which was handy. We ordered room service one night, and it was delicious, same menu as the restaurant. Every afternoon they had fresh baked cookies. The pool was clean and refreshing. The workout room was small but adequate. We had a quiet room in the back on the third floor that was spacious with a couch and good hanging storage space. We were near the freeway and train tracks but the noise never bothered us, as we were out most of the day, and it was quiet at night.

For us location was perfect - close to everything but not as congested as it would be near old town or nearer downtown.

I would definitely stay here again on the next trip to Sacramento!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at many Courtyards all over the place and have never found a disagreeable employee but at this particular Courtyard, everyone was very friendly and as someone else stated, they seem to enjoy working there. Otherwise, besides for the staff, everything else was kind of average. Location is okay...kind of far from downtown, but there is excellent access to the highway. Rooms were quiet, clean and the bed was comfy. I was disappointed that the restaurant downstairs was not your typical Courtyard restaurant menu. It was good, but I was looking forward to my favorite that I usually eat at other Courtyards. Also, I missed my morning cappucino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

9/3/12

To whom it may concern:
I want to commend the hotel for having a front desk named :Moe Mohammad, for being such an outstanding, customer friendly employee.
I went to a training class for a week (from 8/ 27/12 to 8/31/12.).  I checked inadvertently to a wrong hotel. Did not realized the mistake until the following day when the class was to start. Time was of the essence. I only have 15 minutes to drive to Marriott Courtyard   at 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, ca. Of course, I was new in the area, not sure how to use the GPS system and absolutely lost and in panic.
When I called Marriott hotel, I spoke to the  front desk. His name was" Moe". He right away assisted me, gave directions as I drove to the hotel. When I arrived, he helped me settled down, went out of his way and got me a comfortable room. He also made a call to the other hotel to arrange for a late check out since my only break time is at 12 noon (lunch time). Lunch time came, I did what I needed to do to get my stuff out from the other hotel.
Driving back to Marriott hotel was a challenge. I took a wrong exit, ended in Downtown, completely lost my directions. I was frantic driving around, knowing that I am  already 30 minutes late for the class. Again, I called the hotel and spoke with "Moe" who was on the phone with me all along, directing me to get back to the hotel. Finally , I made it back safe and sound.
It was such an experience and for someone who travels, things that Moe, did we're very special, important and should be recognized.
Thank you for having a "customer friendly" employee.

Susan Flores

E mail: s.j.flores 2011 @ hotmail.com

Sent from my iPad

When I called Marriott hotel, I spoke to the  front desk. His name was" Moe". He right away assisted me, gave directions as I drove to the hotel. When I arrived , he helped me settled down, went out of his way, got me a comfortable room. He also made a call to the to the other hotel to arrange for a late check out since my only break time is at 12 noon (lunch time). Lunch time came, did what I needed to do to get my stuff out from the other hotel. Now,

Room Tip: Always check for customer reviews when choosing a hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

The customer service at this Marriott property is spectular. I'm not sure what they do differently here, but every employee is cordial, friendly and always says hello, not only to the customers, but to each other as well.

Their attitude obviously is not forced nor mandated. It just appears that everyone enjoys working here.

For the past 5 years, I have stayed in a Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt four nights a week. This hotel is consistently superior with regard to friendliness and customer service. It's certainly not overbearing and it's always a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I travel to Sacramento for work a lot! I have stayed at many hotels, but find the Courtyard at Cal Expo to be my absolute favorite places to stay. (My second favorite is the Fairfield next door.) Both places are owned by the same people and share the staff. Every time I enter these two hotels I feel like I am at my home away from home. The staff are wonderful and always make me feel welcome. The rooms are always nice and clean and I never feel like I have to worry about a thing. I love that they have a refrigerator in them and is it just me or are all Marriott bed the most comfortable beds!!

I like to work out every day and the gym at the Courtyard has great equipment to help me keep up my fitness. A lot of times I like to walk or run outside and feel that the area this hotel is in is a very safe place; as a female by myself, this is really important to me and my husband at home.

The Courtyard has a full bar and dining room. The food is always excellent which is plus for those days when I don't feel like going out to dinner. They also always have complimentary fresh baked cookies in the lobby every night for my cheat treat!

The only complaint at this point is that the snacks in the market are a little steep, but what hotels aren't?

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here overnight to fly out the next day. Gym was standard Courtyard. Evening bar was full (State Fair was running at Cal Expo - across the freeway). Elevator felt like it was in need of maintenance. You know it will be noisy from the trains when they leave airpluggs in the room. I am usually a light sleeper, but was very tired and slept through the night. Buffett was good.
Rooms were a little small. Bathroom was small.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I recently stayed here after a Rivercats Game with some friends. We were greeted at the door even after 11pm. The room was spacious, clean, and stocked with everything we needed during our stay. We were very satisfied with the room. The following morning we went downstairs for breakfast. The food was good, but the flow of the buffet seemed a little unorganized. However, the server made up for it with his attentive & friendly service once we sat down to eat. Mo at the front desk was such a delight during checkout! Very nice guy who had us leaving with a smile! I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Opt for a room near the elevator if you can!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Cal Expo? Share your experiences!