“Great for 6 a.m. Flights” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great for 6 a.m. Flights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are not normally a very early riser (I'm not!!) and you're heading back to Eastern (or even Central) time zone, you might want to leave your hotel in town and stay here for a night. I took a commercial shuttle to the airport, and then called the Fairfield Inn. (I'd reserved my room online ahead of time.) The Inn shuttle came and picked me up. I'd picked up "dinner" while still downtown. (There may have been a list of Take-out places at the desk. That's been my experience at other Fairfield Inns.)

The room was clean and the water hot. I'd already printed out my boarding pass, so I don't know whether the place had public internet service. I left too early to sample the buffet breakfast; but, hotel did have yogurt, milk, cereal, fruit, pastries, etc. available for those of us taking the 4:15 shuttle to the airport. I picked up something for the plane.

The extra hour of sleep was wonderful!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you. We too, along with hundreds of others, believe we are the perfect place to stay before and/or after those early or late flights in and out of Sacramento International. Our internet is always free, including kiosks in the lobby to print your boarding pass. If you prefer, we love to print it for you, so you have more time to relax or get ready for your trip. We put out our "early bird" limited breakfast at 3:30 every single morning. Our regular breakfast has even more options that start at 5:30 Mon-Fri and 7:00 on the weekends. If you are staying with us, and live in the surrounding area, you can even leave your car parked here for half the economy lot price at the Airport!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed one night for business. Picked because of the proximity to the airport. Would not stay again for a vacation as the value was not good. Did not have breakfast. The staff was able to check me in early which was the only plus.

• Stayed October 2012
We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us for your recent trip. We are the closest Marriott hotel to the Sacramento International Airport, and within a short distance to Downtown, West Sacramento, Woodland, Davis and the other business areas of Sacramento. Although this situates the hotel nicely for the business, government and airport traveller, we also offer great weekend and extended weekend rates that are nearly 50% off the normal weekday rates!
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Couldnt feel at home here. Desk chair was so low I couldnt work at the desk. Tv was old and bad. Not a flat screen.

Bated the gym. All old equipment. No weights. Nothing that makes you want to actually work out.

Not near anything.

In summation I cant work- cant work out and Tv is low quality. Not going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. All of our guest feedback is very important, especially when it provides helpful direction such as yours. We have put flat panel LCD TV's in 20% of our rooms, with the remainder scheduled for December of this year! The current requirement for our exercise room does not allow for free weights, however, great news is that we will soon be reconfiguring the exercise room, which will allow for our new free weight area!!
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is clean and quiet, staff are friendly, and it is very conveniently located near the airport. A big plus is the 24 hour airport shuttle. Coffee and a limited breakfast are available beginning at 3:30am for those who have a very early morning flight.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. As you noted, we do have an "early bird" breakfast from 3:30 am each day, until our regular breakfast starts at 5:30 Mon-Fri and 7:00 Sat & Sun. Many of our guests such as you are catching those very early flights, so we are happy to provide this "early bird" breakfast to get the day started right!

Thank you very much for staying with us!
furnitureruss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I don't come to Sacramento often, but when I do I choose the Fairfield Inn. They have a shuttle service that will pick you up at the airport and take you there. This was a HUGE convenience. From what one of the cabbies told me at the airport, they charge approximately $30 to take you the 8 miles to the airport. (Score on the free shuttle .. though a few dollars of a tip is a nice gesture).

I am Platinum with Marriott, so even though I ordered one of their less expensive rooms, they upgraded me to a suite (because the suites are the only rooms that have the mini-fridge and microwave). That is actually something to consider because most Fairfields have mini-fridges as standard. I was glad I asked at the front desk.

The people were awesome, and the room was typical of what you would expect from a Fairfield.

If you are hungry, there is a diner, a Burger King, and a Chevron (with a made to order Mexican food counter) within a one minute walk from the parking lot (very convenient).

Good job & Kudos to the Fairfield Inn Sacramento.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us. We really appreciate the feedback that you provided. We look forward to your next visit to Sacramento and the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2012 with my husband, almost-3-y/o and 6-m/o. We arrived around noon, and had requested early check-in, which was granted (and appreciated). We had a king suite, which was set up with a seating area in the first part of the room, and the bedroom towards the back/window. The room was clean and updated. We appreciated the option of a microwave and fridge, but the fridge never got quite cold enough. I suspected that it might be controlled by having our key plugged into the energy-saver slot, but the front desk staff assured me it was not controlled that way. Just a suggestion to cool down the fridges a little...

Our coffee pot was missing the tray for the coffee itself, which was annoying. I can never get in-room coffee strong enough though, so I was fine just going down to the lobby for our coffee. The breakfast was nice, with just enough options to satisfy a different taste each morning. Fresh fruit, bagels/muffins, oatmeal, cereals and waffles were all tasty. There isn't much seating at tables during breakfast, though, so it was a little crowded on the weekend. They may do better to take out some of the lounge chairs and replace them with small tables/chairs. The "bar" seating was neat, with electrical plug-ins.

Swimming pool was just enough to occupy my son for a little while a few times. The whirlpool is just that... NOT a hot tub. I found that out when my son wanted to swim on a morning when it was only ~60 degrees outside... brrr! I suppose that's standard out in California, though?

I appreciated the use of the business center to check-in and print boarding passes for my outgoing flight on our last morning. It was nice to have free access to a printer.

Customer service was great, as I had called before our stay to inquire about getting a micro/fridge into our 2-double room. The gentleman said that wasn't possible, but that he could upgrade me to a king-suite - for the rate I was getting for the double. That was MUCH appreciated since the fridge was essential for the breastmilk I was traveling with. Great service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback and for staying with us. I am glad you had a good visit. I apologize for the hot tub not being hot. Of course, it should be! We do get a lot of positive comments at the front desk about our lobby coffee. The in-room coffee makers do not have trays. The coffee packet actually has a disposable tray right in the package with the coffee!! You never have to wonder how well the tray or carafe were cleaned, because you use a new tray each time, and brew right into your clean cup!

Thank you for your compliments regarding the guest service. We really do strive to make you feel like you are part of our Fairfield Inn family. Although you also stated the rooms were up to date, we will be doing a refresh of the public areas and all guest rooms at the end 2012 and beginning of the new year. The refresh will really make our already beautiful property even better!

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again!
Sun City Center, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good place to stay when flying out. 9- mile shuttle service to airport + abbreviated breakfast starting at 3:30. Room was clean and comfortable. Only glitch was failure to receive wakeup call on time. Fortunately I always set alarm as a backup.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I do really apologize that your wakeup call did not happen at the time your requested. This is a very important service that we provide, My expectation is that every wakeup call is delivered without flaw. Our wakeup call system is automated, so I again apologize that we made an error when entering your time. I will pass your comments regarding the breakfast and the clean room to the staff!

We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas? Share your experiences!