“Nice place for small families or business travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2555 Venture Oaks Way, Sacramento, CA 95833   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Santa Clarita, California
“Nice place for small families or business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I stayed here with my two young kids while on a road trip. We had a King Suite and it worked out perfectly for us. Good location near the freeway but not too close. Decent restaurants nearby, including Starbucks. They enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Overall the hotel is in a quiet location (I even slept with the window open) but I could hear the people next door talking. There were flyers in the room for local restaurants that delivered so we ordered from an Italian place that delivered right to the door. The breakfast was fine, nothing fancy but easy with my kids. We got the weekend rate of $80 and thought it was a great deal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

The hotel is very easy to find if you follow google maps or a GPS. There are a few tricky turns, but as we were coming from Reno/Tahoe it wasn't too hard. It's the first exit south of the interstate on I-5 South. It's in a business park which means it's very quiet. There were a ton of people checking in at around 3:00 like I was but the line moved smoothly and I was given a corner suite on the third floor. not sure if this was because of marriott rewards status but the agent greeted me with a smile and acknowladged that.

I had my wife and brother staying the same room for an early flight out of SMF. The king bed was seperated by a wall with the sofa bed. The LCD TV worked well between the two sections.

All three of us were able to take a shower after a long day of skiing with plenty of hot water before heading out for dinner. VERY nice...

The only negative was that the sheets for the pull out sofa were not there in the room so we had to call at about 11:30 to have them brought up. But they did arrive in less than 10 minutes.

The biggest positive was the great rate and the LARGE bathroom. I love Hyatt Place hotels for their charm but those bathrooms are smal. This Springhill Suites takes the cake with the large rooms.
We left too early for breakfast but the area looked very nice. As did the indoor pool and jacuzzi.

If you have some time and don't have anyting really to do... us south folk don't have many IKEA stores. It's just a few miles away from the hotel. Shop and eat there! I LOVE it....

And as for the airport, it's about a 10 mile streight shot from the hotel. Great place!

Only wish the car alarm in the parking lot didn't go off at 1:00am. yuck! :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
SpringHillSacramento, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review. I hope you have the opportunity to return to us and see the renovations!

*Please note that photos are prior to renovation in January 2013.
Kissimmee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

RATES: We stayed here for a wedding at the discounted group rate of $59 over Christmas weekend. I don't know what the normal rate is, but I wouldn't pay more than $80/night to stay here.

LOCATION: The hotel is conveniently located very close to both I-5 and I-80. It didn't take us long to figure out how to get back to the hotel from the highway. Parking is free. Beware if you are arriving at night, the street sign for Venture Oaks Way is difficult to see, it is very dark, and you can't see the hotel from the street. 90 minutes to San Francisco; 90 minutes to Napa Valley; 20 minutes to downtown Sacramento.

STAFF: The front desk was very nice and helpful the entire weekend. They were always pleasant, they recommended local places to eat, and they even let me use the front desk computer to print out our boarding passes for our 5am flight when the business center printer was down.
I don't usually take note of the housekeeping, but the room attendants did an excellent job. At other hotels, if you leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door in the morning - you can forget them cleaning your room that day. But NOT THE CASE HERE! Every day, whether it was morning or afternoon when we left the room, it was ALWAYS CLEANED up when we got back. Love that! Great job.

FOOD: They had fresh lemonade and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for the guests in the lobby, and hot coffee was always available. The complimentary breakfast was nice, among the usual fare, it included a few hot items like eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, and make-your-own waffles. The only downside was it was very crowded Saturday morning - there was no place to sit and they kept running out of things. But, I will say that the breakfast attendants (it was a different person each day) were very pleasant and quickly got anything you asked for if it was missing.

ROOM: The rooms themselves were a bit small, and a little cramped especially around the bathroom area. But, they were nice and well-maintained for what they had. The kitchenette has granite countertops, decent cabinet space for a few items, a mini-fridge, sink and microwave.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I stayed at the Springhill Suites Natomas for three nights in October 2009. My overall experience was very positive.

The room is excellent for one person. There is a partial wall separating the living and sleeping areas. The living area has a sleeper sofa and upolstered chair , a large desk and chair and wet bar, fridge and microwave. The sleeping area has a comfortable bed, night stands, ample lighting and a small closet. There is also a three drawer dresser and lighted vanity outside of the small bathroom. There is flat screen TV in the room that can be tilted towards the bed or the living area for viewing from either area.

The room is designed for one or two people, not families. I say that because the bedroom is not private - no door. You have to walk through the sleeping area to get to the bathroom/sink area. There is only one TV in the room.

The complimentary continental breakfast includes hot eggs, potatoes and sausage. Also, there is freshly made waffles, packaged muffins, oatmeal with all the fixings, bagels, toast, cold cereals and juice. All in all, pretty average as continental breakfasts go.

The location of the property is quiet and conveniently close to the airport. There are no restaurants in sight, however if you don't mind walkng a mile, there are a few places around. I used the complimentary airport shuttle and I found it was easy to use and prompt.

The hotel has a pool and hot tub which I did not use, but it appeared that others enjoyed them. The fitness room is very small. It only has one eliptical, one treadmill and one bike.

The only negative I would say about my stay is that my room was close to the elevator and I could hear the noise of the elevator cars moving. Didn't really effect my enjoyment because I was able to tune it out.

I paid $89 per night using the stay two nights get one free promotion - a very good value.

This is a fine property for the business traveler or for a couple or solo traveler. This place is not really great for families.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

The Springhill Suites Brand of Marriott provides travelers with more space than a typical hotel room but a lower prices but the best rate I could get here is $150 per night. Way too much for this type of property.

Pluses:
Large room. Separate living area. Refrigerator. Storage cabinet. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Negatives:
Bed needed replacement. Bathroom fixtures were cheap. "Motel" feeling.

Overall, I would rather stay at Courtyard rather than a Springhill suites. Good property with free breakfast. I did not have the breakfast so I cannot comment on it.

• Liked — Easy Freeway Access. Marriott property.
  • Disliked — Bed was starting to sag.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

Stayed there for 5 nights. The room was clean, on the top floor, away from elevators and "suite-like": a half wall separating the king bed from the sofa and desk. Complimentary internet connections, both wired and wireless (very handy). Good amenities: microwave, fridge, plenty of cupboard space. TV is a moderate CRT, no DVD. Housekeeping was stingy on bar soap, shampoo, lotion and box of tissue, but that wasn't a big deal because you could always ask for them. Breakfast was stellar! Copious quantity and variety: scramble eggs, sausages, hot and cold cereals, juices, yogurts, muffins, make-your-own waffle. And, they even provide to-go boxes and bags. Just excellent! Natomas is a suburb off of downtown Sacramento, just a few miles north. Quiet location, pleasant view of a green field.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

My Best friend and I took a end of college road trip touring northern california and stayed here. It was great the room was amazing for the small amount we paid and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas? Share your experiences!