“Maybe once a year” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,770 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Howe Ave.
Transit: Need a driver? Call our receptionist and we will be happy to arrange a town car for you. Please call a minimum of 24 hours before your reservation.
Description: Located in Sacramento, America's Farm to Fork Capital, The Kitchen Restaurant is the most unique and exhilarating dining experience in all of California. Our renowned 6-course Demonstration Dinners feature Chefs Randall Selland and Noah Zonca preparing a creative and sumptuous feast for all your senses right before your very eyes. Made with the absolute best ingredients from the region and around the world, our amazing seasonal menus are just the beginning of an evening of fine food, and entertainment found nowhere else. After 16 years, this family affair is still a true original, blending the innovative cuisine, engaging entertainment, award winning wine list and genuine hospitality that have continued to make it one of the most sought after reservations in the state. For a truly special dining experience and an evening to savor and cherish, The Kitchen is unmatched. Dinners are $125.00 per person and are by reservation only with limited seating, so please call if you are unsuccessful booking online and we will gladly assist you.
Sacramento, California, United States
“Maybe once a year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

If I had $400 to spend on a meal for my wife and I, only once a year would I pick the Kitchen. It's a nice show and a very good meal but it's too expensive to go very often. And the years that I have gone more than once, it loses a lot on the second visit.

Visited November 2012

Roseville, CA
“Every whim answered with a smile and experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is nothing more satisfying than excellent service. My wife has wanted to go to The Kitchen for several years and since it was our 4th Wedding anniversary, I thought I would surprise her. She has great intuition and found out a couple of weeks beforehand, but it didn't dampen the excitement only primed the pump. The Kitchen is exquisitely appointed and decorated with both visual and culinary tastes in mind. The staff attends to every element of the dining experience. When asked if we like this certain scallop dish, we answered that we didn't like scallops and immediately they insisted that we have it with chicken. They came back and the dish was amazing with chicken. Since this is the only seating everyone goes all out to please every guest. Guests are encouraged to explore every area of the restaurant and talk to the staff. I went back to the kitchen to find out the process they used cooked the chicken. I got to see a truffle up close and personal. Find the special occasion to make this happen. You will never forget it.

• Visited March 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Great food -- BUT . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Absolutely the best food I've had. Every bite was a delight and with the wine pairing the food was as close to perfection as you can get. And the service was excellent. BUT -- The "show" was annoying on our more recent visit because they've changed "ringmasters." The owner is now running the show and while he's obviously a knowledgeable businessman and chef, he's a very poor host. One problem is that there were several offensive jokes and comments. (Even though we happened to agree with his political and religious views, several people were clearly offended because they did not, and any polite person should know better than to "go there" in this kind of party setting anyway.) Moreover, he was border-line narcissistic -- way too full of himself, way too loud, and way too opinionated. On top of that, he sort of bragged that the guests could have seconds, but then complained when too many took him up on it; invited everyone to have tea but complained that so many ordered tea that it was slowing down the proceedings; and so forth. The previous host/chef was a delight; this guy was a pain. Still, we'll probably go back, but I might take ear plugs next time (or better yet, hope for a replacement host). Whether you agree with the above or not, here's a tip, no pun intended: The gratuity is included and they don't tell you except in fairly small print on the bill. If you're the type to pay in cash you might not discover until the next morning (if ever) that you left a redundant tip. I saw the bill for $602 for my wife and me (I could read that part without putting on my glasses), pulled out that cash plus a $120 tip, and left, not knowing the tip had already been included. Considering that we listened to that guy babble on and on about everything from the price of truffles to the correct length of lobster antennae, you'd think they'd mention somewhere that the gratuity is included. Unless, of course, keeping it somewhat secret is part of the plan -- they do have to pay for their blankety-blank truffles, after all.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yuba City, California
“A unique experience. Expensive but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hubby surprise me.. Came w another couple. We were served 8 or 9 dishes. Each one was good in its own way. If you like something, you can ask for it as many times as you like. They teach you how to pair certain wine, sake, and tea with certain dish. Watch them perform in front of you. If you have special needs, they cater to you. It you want to help cook or have a question, they r there to answer any questuion u may have. The service is outstanding! Menu changes monthly.

• Visited April 2012
Sacramento, California
“Best in Sac”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great experience. The staff was wonderful. The entire night was well worth the price. Every dish was amazing. The wine pairing was perfect. They even let you ask for more of anything you would like :)

• Visited February 2013